Code of Conduct

Default PotL classification

Can someone tell me how PotL (Luctor et Emergo) would be classified? I'm posting this here because it seems to be quite a basic question.

It's one of my very favourite fragrances, but it has a strange spiciness to it, and I usually dislike spiciness in scent.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

Smile Re: PotL classification

I class this as a fruity / gourmand...

.................................................. ...................I'm gonna memorize your name.. and then i'm gonna throw my head away!!........:bounce:.............

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: PotL classification

A woody oriental.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

I've been told gourmand by the people who get a Cherry Heering sort of note to it. Sadly on me it goes to a perfect simulacrum of Play-Doh.

Dependent

gourmand is very subjective to the person wearing..... good you brought this up, sometimes its really not easy trying to generi-fy a particular scent. most of the time what I percieve and purchase as gourmand is lik poison to those around me, givenchy gentleman being one of them.... - - - - - - -my opinion that is

Michael Edwards agrees with mikeperez23, he classifies it as a rich Woody Oriental: Luctor et Emergo
    [click on link, then click on Luctor et Emergo]
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 31st August 2008 at 12:44 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Blog Entries

Thanks for the link, TwoRoads. I keep forgetting what a great resource the Michael Edwards fragrance directory is.

I think that "rich" leaves enough room for "gourmand" to some people's noses. In my opinion, the fragrance directory seems a bit scattergun on assignment of "gourmand". Take, for instance, Gucci by Gucci EDP, which gets MOSSY WOODS with Crisp and Gourmand qualifiers, whereas Hanae Mori H.M. gets WOODY ORIENTAL with a Fresh qualifier. Personally, I think that adding the Gourmand qualifier to H.M. would be justified. I know that around here, people often think of it as gourmand above all. I wouldn't quibble with the order myself - just inclusion.

I don't know what Play-Doh is classified as, tmp00, but I love that scent image!!!