Code of Conduct

Default Davidoff Adventure - Longevity

When I tried Adventure some time back, I didn't notice anything awry in my wrist test. It seemed to have good longevity on me.

Since then, I've seen numerous references here to its being short lived, and barely lasting two hours.

So today I tested it again by spraying it on the back of my hand. Now, over 12 hours later - it is still going strongly!
    That puts it in the top 20% of scents longevity wise, as far as I'm concerned.

How can this be the same short lived scent that so many here have complained about?

Is it perhaps doing on their skin what Gucci Rush does on mine - disappears after 2 hours, but shows up strongly later with a bit of perspiration?

Any thoughts?

Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 31st August 2008 at 06:18 PM.

AromiErotici

Default Re: Davidoff Adventure - Longevity

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    When I tried Adventure some time back, I didn't notice anything awry in my wrist test. It seemed to have good longevity on me.

Since then, I've seen numerous references here to its being short lived, and barely lasting two hours.

So today I tested it again by spraying it on the back of my hand. Now, over 12 hours later - it is still going strongly!
    That puts it in the top 20% of scents longevity wise, as far as I'm concerned.

How can this be the same short lived scent that so many here have complained about?

Is it perhaps doing on their skin what Gucci Rush does on mine - disappears after 2 hours, but shows up strongly later with a bit of perspiration?

Any thoughts?

Renato
    I haven't tried Adventure, but I have Cool Water. Pleasant scent with absolutely no hang time regardless of how heavy I apply it. In less than 2 hours, I cannot tell I ever wore it.

this is weird, i love cool water (yeah, the stuff so many of BNs find synthetic and low level ) and i tried adventure.
    got awesome longevity from coolwater and decent (bout 6 hours) one from adventure.

I cannot comment on it's longevity but I was surprised by this scent, I thought it was very nice. Probably the best scent to come out of Davidoff in a decade. I am just glad they did not call it "Cool Water Deep Extreme Sand, Sea, Surf, and Air Frozen Summer Fiz."

It's a good scent with good longevity. But it's not a strong scent though.

It smells good and lasts a long time.

My wife just bought me this for my birthday (August 30). I wore it yesterday day for the first time.

I wore 4 sprays, and I should have gone 6 to 8. It is a manly, warm scent that becomes a Burberry Touch clone after a couple of hours. It is unique in my collection.

It does not project much, however. Up the dosage for the best effect.

It's an A&F Fierce clone. Of course it lasts forever!
    Last edited by genvy5; 1st September 2008 at 03:55 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Cowboy View Post
    I am just glad they did not call it "Cool Water Deep Extreme Sand, Sea, Surf, and Air Frozen Summer Fiz."
    Major LOL!

Isn't that just an obnoxious trend? Summer releases of second-generation flankers? Where will it end? Fall releases? Just in time for Thanksgiving? Or maybe we can have "release candidates", like with Windows. I'm just waiting for "Extreme Adventure". You know it has to happen. Maybe they can make it look like a can of Red Bull.

I did not like Adventure the first time I tried it, but I did on the second try. Longevity was reasonable for me. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do about it.

Longevity is good with Adventure. Even with not-so-many sprays from a sample, I could smell it all day.
    Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

Thanks Guys,
    I very much appreciate your responses.

While it may not be everyone's greatest scent, longevity certainly doesn't seem to be a problem for you the way that others have previoulsy asserted here.

Cheers,
    Renato

I wanted to bump this back up because I just was at Macys and since I wasn't wearign anything I decided with the Fall weather to put this on. Bad move. Everytime I smelled the card I got a woodsy, pretty tame but nice scent. After putting it on I was really put off. It was too............"perfumey." I really wanted to scrub it. It was really overwhelming what it did on me. Talk about the card being better than on the skin. I hope I didn't gag anyone at work. Just too sweet or perfumey or something. Cheap. Disappointing.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Just for that I'll have to wear it tomorrow!

The longevity on this one is good, but i learned something when i bought this one... Don`t buy a scent after sniffing it on a paper! After 2 hours on me, the smell was terrible! After this one i will never buy a scent after testing it for at least 5 hours!! You must always remember, there is a opening, a heart, and a base.....

I was interested in getting this, but my girlfriend shot it down immediately. Revisiting, I can see what she was talking about. It's pretty harsh-smelling. I much prefer Cool Water.

I liked it, too but as I wore it it became less and less appealing. Odd spice notes that turned me off.
    Last edited by SirSlarty; 24th October 2008 at 01:48 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    I liekd it, too but as I wore it it became less and less appealing. Odd spice notes that turned me off.
    Well I didn't get that far...multiple wearings.. but everytime I smelled it on a card the words "really pretty good" would come out. Then I put it on and it was just a mess on me. Really changes and got too sweet/powdery/feminine/perfumey....whatever..it was toxic on me.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 23rd October 2008 at 08:09 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

i really like this fragagance.. the fruity-spicy/creamy base is lovely, i think longevity is not a problem on me but i confirm that is a weak aroma after some hrs...

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    I wanted to bump this back up because I just was at Macys and since I wasn't wearign anything I decided with the Fall weather to put this on. Bad move. Everytime I smelled the card I got a woodsy, pretty tame but nice scent. After putting it on I was really put off. It was too............"perfumey." I really wanted to scrub it. It was really overwhelming what it did on me. Talk about the card being better than on the skin. I hope I didn't gag anyone at work. Just too sweet or perfumey or something. Cheap. Disappointing.
    To me, it's meant to inspire an outdoor, action type feel about it - so I never expected it to be a classy, formalish scent - and it is definitely isn't.
    But because it's not classy doesn't make it cheap to my nose either.
    I think of it as a well balanced, casual scent which does what it's supposed to do, and I can think of dozens of other scents which do in fact smell cheap (probably because I didn't pay much for them).
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 24th October 2008 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    After this one i will never buy a scent after testing it for at least 5 hours!! You must always remember, there is a opening, a heart, and a base.....
    Testing for five hours!
    I don't think niche scent buying will figure prominently in your future. Far too many of them struggle to get past four hours.

Testing on paper is sometimes okay to make an initial decision on which ones you will ultimately spray on your wrist. But you're right, the paper test is pretty much a waste of time for all but the richest orientals.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    To me, it's meant to inspire an outdoor, action type feel about it - so I never expected it to be a classy, formalish scent - and it is definitely isn't.
    But because it's not classy doesn't make it cheap to my nose either.
    I think of it as a well balanced, casual scent which does what it's supposed to do, and I can think of dozens of other scents which do in fact smell cheap (probably because I didn't pay much for them).
    Renato
    Renato, if you've read my work around here I'm the anti-snob about fragrances. I love designer stuff and still back CW and many others. My point wasn't what the scent was supposed to smell like or the genre, it was the surprise of how cheap it smelled on ME after liking multiple samples of it. I was looking for a woodsy, outdoor feel because we had great fall weather yesterday. I decided to spray it on in the store since I wasn't wearing any scents. The woodsy and nice smell I got on the card was really perfumey, synthetic and weird on my skin. Almost like an overpowering women's perfume. Maybe I overdid it but I only got wrists and shirt. Again, no harm on this being good. I always defended it when others ragged it. It just didn't do well with my skin. Props to you if you does what it did on the card because I liked that alot.
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    Renato, if you've read my work around here I'm the anti-snob about fragrances. I love designer stuff and still back CW and many others. My point wasn't what the scent was supposed to smell like or the genre, it was the surprise of how cheap it smelled on ME after liking multiple samples of it. I was looking for a woodsy, outdoor feel because we had great fall weather yesterday. I decided to spray it on in the store since I wasn't wearing any scents. The woodsy and nice smell I got on the card was really perfumey, synthetic and weird on my skin. Almost like an overpowering women's perfume. Maybe I overdid it but I only got wrists and shirt. Again, no harm on this being good. I always defended it when others ragged it. It just didn't do well with my skin. Props to you if you does what it did on the card because I liked that alot.
    Thanks for the explanation. Odd that it reacted that way with you, it's certainly a warning to test well before buying.
    Renato