Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: New Amouage Release named Lyric!!!!

Did anyone from Basenotes go to the soiree Aedes had of the launch of Amouage Lyric Man last week?

Best,

Otto
    Last edited by Otto; 6th October 2008 at 09:13 PM.
    Giving Life My All And Improving Every Day

*ahem*

http://www.parfumsraffy.com/amouage-...e-for-men.html

$245 / $290 for 50mL / 100mL. I'm soooo tempted to buy it blind. Is there anywhere in NYC / NJ that I can go and smell this? None of the typical "high end" stores that I can think of carry it.

I really love the bottle:

Last edited by baudilus; 9th October 2008 at 05:04 PM.

Blog Entries

You should be able to go to Aedes de Venustas here is the contact info:

Aedes De Venustas
    9 Christopher Street
    New York, NY 10014

phone:212-206-8674
    fax: 212-206-8675

I'm a big fan of this one but before spending that kind of money you need to go see if you like it a lot.
    So head over to Aedes and check it out.
    The bad thing is you will also have a lot of other cool things to check out too.
    Watch your credit card it might just leap out of your wallet and start buying stuff.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

I fell in love in less than ten seconds at Aedes, the credit card leaped out of my wallet. Every year I look for a unique scent to wear to Holliday functions, Parties and such. This is going to be the one. but can also be worn in the daylight, in a pair of jeans lighter aplication tho.

I briefly tried both the men's and women's versions today and, for now, much prefer Lyric Woman - it's richer and the rose note is more prominent. As for the Lyric Man, I had the same trouble as Jubilation XXV (too subtle). However, I'll test them out again sometime in the near future.

I simply don't understand how anyone can call either Jubilation or Lyric subtle...they are profoundly loud on me. Almost Montale like.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

looks very mysterious.

Quote Originally Posted by thenmarcher View Post
    I simply don't understand how anyone can call either Jubilation or Lyric subtle...they are profoundly loud on me. Almost Montale like.

TNMA
    It's interesting how our skin chemistry's different. If that's the case, I most definitely envy you...

Hi, I've been a lookie-loo on this site for some time now, I've learned a lot from the "community" decided finally to join in and give my 2 scents!!

I had a chance to sample both the men's and ladies' lyric recently.

The men's seemed to me quite heavy on the rose... I felt as though I was wearing rose oil! It gave me a flashback to my student years in Amherst!

The women's was more powdery and... well it reminded me of Citizen Queen, but a little subtler...

So far for me the score on the more recent amouages is:

Reflections Man - NAY (mothballs predominate!)

Jubilation XXV - YAY - a keeper, the ultimate wood, and then some! So many wood fragrances are headed in the direction of this one, like Gucci Rush... but they don't GIVE enough. Jubilation is a reason to celebrate! I also like the saltyness of the drydown, like a woody Erolfa!

Lyric... I can't get excited about either version. And I'm glad. One out of 3 must haves is quite enough thank you from the house of Amouge!

Funny how the biggest fan of them all of rosey lyric seems to be Thenmarcher. He's a fickle one, I've noticed.

How much do you want to bet he'll be selling it within 6 months of aquiring it?
    Last edited by smellzapoppin; 22nd October 2008 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smellzapoppin View Post
    Lyric... I can't get excited about either version. And I'm glad. One out of 3 must haves is quite enough thank you from the house of Amouge!

Funny how the biggest fan of them all of rosey lyric seems to be Thenmarcher. He's a fickle one, I've noticed.

How much do you want to bet he'll be selling it within 6 months of aquiring it?
    LOL! You cheeky bugger! Welcome to Basenotes!

Well, I wouldn't call Jubilation a must have, while Lyric, I think is. I bought Jubilation through that crazy sale with Beauty Encounter so its justified enough. As for my rose taste, strangely enough, rose just works well with me. However, I soak up bright scents like water.

Now I have to get my hands on some Amouage Silver.

TNMA
    Last edited by thenmarcher; 22nd October 2008 at 05:17 PM.
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)