Code of Conduct

Default New Amouage Release named Lyric!!!!

Hey everyone. Amouage has released a new scent named lyric. I just placed an order via their online boutique based solely on the notes. Looks amazing but very expensive. Have a look. The bottle looks amazing!!!

http://www.amouage.com/

Mens Notes:

Top notes: Bergamot, Lime

Heart notes: Rose, Angelica, Orange Blossom, Green Galbanum, Spicy Ginger, Nutmeg, Saffron

Base notes: Pine, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Musk, Frankincense

Default Re: New Amouage Release named Lyric!!!!

Best wishes for that blindbuy!

The bottle looks indeed terrific...

Hope to hear later from you, cairomerta, about your impressions on this one.

I really like the direction Amouage is now taking with their scents. They are definitely taking their scents in the direction to please more of the western noses. Even thought i am middle eastern, I found the early Amouages such as gold and crystal a little hard to wear. But with Jubilation 25, i was pleasantly surprised at the new approach they took with this scent and it instantly made me purchase a bottle. This one looks even more up my ally so we will see and I will report back for sure once i receive it.

Wow! This one sounds very nice. To bad i can't afford it right now. Based on those notes i would be tempted to make a blind buy too. Oh well. Maybe i will get a decant when its available at TPC.

By the way, does anyone know the name of the woman in the video? She is gorgeous!! Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ajmc; 1st September 2008 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
    Maybe i will get a decant when its available at TPC.
    My thoughts exactly...
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Between this, the Homage Attar and my love for Jubiliation XXV and Dia for Men, this is one house that has the potential to completely bankrupt me!

Hey santemon. How is Homage attar. I have read about it but have not had an opportunity to try it. Can you describe. Thanks.

Off-Scenter

Quote Originally Posted by cairomerta View Post
    I really like the direction Amouage is now taking with their scents. They are definitely taking their scents in the direction to please more of the western noses. Even thought i am middle eastern, I found the early Amouages such as gold and crystal a little hard to wear. But with Jubilation 25, i was pleasantly surprised at the new approach they took with this scent and it instantly made me purchase a bottle. This one looks even more up my ally so we will see and I will report back for sure once i receive it.
    Interesting that you should say so. I thought that scents like Cirrus and Arcus were obvious bows to conventionally "western" market forces, and that by discontinuing them and introducing an "attar" and the incense-oriented Jubilation pair, the new leadership was actually steering Amouage back towards its original mission. Indeed, I think Jubilation XXV has more in common with Gold and Dia than with any of the more Euro-American fragrances the house has released since.

I see what you mean vibert. But with jubilation, they are much lighter compositions as compared to gold and silver. I have smelled many ouhd's and attars in the middle east and jubilation is far lighter and defintly aimed at a more global appeal. If you read the amouage news releases, they are looking to expand their company brand into more western markets as opposed to the main market they have in the gulf.

Great frag and excellent bottle.
    But they does not sell it to Italy AND RUSSIA!!!
    I hate those Russian distributors who sells Amouage officially by prices two-three times more! And Amouage officials who gave them such an opportunity...
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Hey santemon. How is Homage attar. I have read about it but have not had an opportunity to try it. Can you describe. Thanks.
    Sorry Cairomerta, I have not smelt it yet but first read about it on Now Smell This and thought the notes were exactly the notes I like, then read Luca Turin's recent 5 star review. So I am still itching to sample it somehow. The Perfumed Court still doesn't have it in their store.
    THE BEST OF 2009 to date Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumiere Noire Pour Homme, Cologne Pour Le Soir, Annick Goutal Mandragore Pourpre

REDISCOVERING CLASSICS - AGAIN!:- , Guerlain Derby, L'Artisan Premier Figuier

Its expensive. $315 for 12ml so any perfumed court sample will be very expensive. Some guy is selling 1.5 ml on ebay for $65.00

Wow, I must own this. Its a good thing I can only order this overseas, otherwise it would be in my possession.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

I ordered it directly from the Amouage online boutique. I will see how long it takes to come in and I will report how this smells as soon as it comes in.

Note list looks very green for a red bottle.
    For me, this is good.

Amouage is an awesome house. Just a tip for the basenoters in SoCal - Perfume Raffy carries Amouage, so they would be a good bet to have this pretty soon.

Blog Entries

Its expensive. $315 for 12ml so any perfumed court sample will be very expensive. Some guy is selling 1.5 ml on ebay for $65.00
    Phew! That's rather high. I was having sticker shock with Jubilation XXV but that's near Clive Christian levels.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

As much as I've tried to like Amouage, I simply can't. Their fragrances are either pungently heavy and dated (Gold and Dia), or too soft for my liking (Jubilation and Cirrus). They fail to inspire or excite me, and I don't feel their retail prices are justified.

As for Lyric, I think everyone needs to cool down about the bottle - it's simply the Jubilation design but with red tinted glass! However, I do agree with Vibert - they seem to be getting their act together, with their recent releases. Unfortunately, I have no interest in spritzing an expensive fragrance 12-24 times (per application) in order to get any decent sillage or longevity.
    Last edited by Trebor; 3rd September 2008 at 06:16 PM.

Homage is the one you described above, not to be confused with Lyric Man which goes for $240.00 for 50ml.

did you order the men's or ladies'? don't you have it by now?

Yeah I have had it for a week or so. It is very very good. It starts with a blast of citrus notes. It is not a sharp citrus but a muted citrus note. Than you get the rose note coming in. It is not a sharp rose or a Gothic rose but a nice dewy type of rose and that is supported by the ginger and saffron which lend a nice slightly spicy note to the scent. It accents really well against the rose. The dry-down amazing and long lasting. It is not a gourmand vanilla but a faint light vanilla that balances with the frankincense really well. It lasts long, smells great and really geared towards the western nose. A really great release from Amouage and I like it slightly better than Jubilation.

With Jubilation and the Nasomattos out of the way, this is number one on my list as soon as Luckyscent gets it in.

TNMA

I got a 1.5 ml spray sample of Lyric.Let me say form the get go that I have never smelled an Amouage frag I liked until I smelled Lyric Man. Lyric Man is by far Amouage's finest work IMO. I liked it from the moment I sprayed it on- very nice citrus top notes - funny thing is I don't get much rose here. The scent just makes you feel classy - like you're wearing a two thousand dollar Armani suit and you're wearing the fragance to match - nothing earth shattering - just a refreshing fragance that makes you feel confident about yourself.

I was getting ready to go online and purchase a bottle when the scent just disappeared on me. I gave myself a 6 more sprays and within in 15 minutes all scent gone again. I went through the entire 1.5ml sample trying to get it to last because I wanted a bottle of this little gem of a frag. I just can't jusify $290.00 for a bottle of 15 minute lasting juice. Now "cairomerta" is getting good lasting power - so if your skin reacts like his - I would gladly pluck down $290.00 - for the scent itself is what Amouge has been trying to do all along - produce class in a bottle, and Lyric Man qualifys IMO.

Hi Beck I am glad you like it but that sucks you dont get longevity out of it. What I get hour and hours later is the musky vanilla dry-down that goes into the next morning. I have oily middle eastern skin so maybe that holds the scent well but its that vanilla musk dry-down that just lasts forever though on me. It is so soft and amazing.

Hi Beck I am glad you like it but that sucks you dont get longevity out of it. What I get hour and hours later is the musky vanilla dry-down that goes into the next morning. I have oily middle eastern skin so maybe that holds the scent well but its that vanilla musk dry-down that just lasts forever though on me. It is so soft and amazing.
    You're a lucky guy to have such nice oily skin. Mine is normally very very dry. Add to that the low low humidity percentage in the high desert of Reno,Nevada. Alot of frags just don't last. I'm thankful for houses like Montale who understand longevity and seem to know how to get it in almost every bottle.

By the way I get that same vanilla musk dry-down only in warp speed which happens to be fifteen minutes.
    Then it's gone. I know many like you will have longevity and I want basenoters that have had issues with Amouage like "Trebor" to consider giving Lyric Man a sampling - it's not the usual old Amouage, it's hopefully the beginnig of a new Amouage - I actually think Jubilation was a sneek preview and Lyric is the finished product of hard work and creativity in a new modern direction.

Thanks, thebeck, for giving another perspective on Lyric. Yes, I'm still hoping one day to fall in love with an Amouage release, so I'm always prepared to test run a new Amouage (but with low expectations, of course). I requested a sample, yesterday, so fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    Amouage is an awesome house. Just a tip for the basenoters in SoCal - Perfume Raffy carries Amouage, so they would be a good bet to have this pretty soon.
    I was in there yesterday! No Lyric yet.

I sampled Jubilation (which I had previously tried at LuckyScent) and Reflection. I liked both of them quite a bit, in some ways better than my bottle of Dia. They are definitely more "Western" as cairomerta mentioned.

Lyric looks like it may be another winner!

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Moon View Post
    I was in there yesterday! No Lyric yet.

I sampled Jubilation (which I had previously tried at LuckyScent) and Reflection. I liked both of them quite a bit, in some ways better than my bottle of Dia. They are definitely more "Western" as cairomerta mentioned.

Lyric looks like it may be another winner!
    Yeah thats too bad...i'm definately gonna call before I head over there to see if they have it. FYI, Raffy now will make you samples of any of their Montales that they have...I think either 4 or 5 dollars each (which is actually kind of steep, compared to Aedes and Maison). They also have Amouage sample sets, and you can also now buy samples individually for 5 or 6 dollars, which will be great for me when I need some more Dia and Silver.

From you guys who tried Lyric, can you at least somewhat compare it to anything, Amouage or not (like Jubilation is compared to Silver Factory and Dia is compared to L'instant)?
    Last edited by leor_77; 26th September 2008 at 10:52 PM.

I got my decant from TPC yesterday and am wearing Lyric today.
    This is just a very different rose than others I have worn.
    It starts with this very delicate lime top note which leads you right into the rose at the heart. For a company which has a reputation as having a Middle Eatern sensibility this rose is so much more subtle than that. This is that early morning whiff of a rose bush before the sun has gotten to it. I've had a similar experience with the lilac in Frederic Malle En Passant the same ethereal sense of a note that drifts in and out. In Lyric this rose floats on a bed of spices, nutmeg and saffron being easy to pick out. This makes for a heady bouquet but not over the top. The base is a mix of pine and incense with just a hint of sandalwood. The note list mentions vanilla but I'm not getting any of that at all.
    The longevity has been pretty good as I've been wearing it for a touch over six hours now and it is still going strong on my skin.
    Just as with Jubilation XXV Amouage makes a scent that works amazingly on me but that price tag will make me think twice. I'm hoping in a year or so they do a $50 travel size of this one because at that price I'd buy it in a heartbeat, just like I did Jubilation XXV.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    You're a lucky guy to have such nice oily skin. Mine is normally very very dry. Add to that the low low humidity percentage in the high desert of Reno,Nevada. Alot of frags just don't last. I'm thankful for houses like Montale who understand longevity and seem to know how to get it in almost every bottle.
    Beck,

Have you tried applying oil with it? Oil improves the longevity of a fragrance. I use rosehip oil, but my guess is any oil will work. Even cooking oil.

Did anyone from Basenotes go to the soiree Aedes had of the launch of Amouage Lyric Man last week?

Best,

Otto
    Last edited by Otto; 6th October 2008 at 09:13 PM.
    Giving Life My All And Improving Every Day

*ahem*

http://www.parfumsraffy.com/amouage-...e-for-men.html

$245 / $290 for 50mL / 100mL. I'm soooo tempted to buy it blind. Is there anywhere in NYC / NJ that I can go and smell this? None of the typical "high end" stores that I can think of carry it.

I really love the bottle:

Last edited by baudilus; 9th October 2008 at 05:04 PM.

You should be able to go to Aedes de Venustas here is the contact info:

Aedes De Venustas
    9 Christopher Street
    New York, NY 10014

phone:212-206-8674
    fax: 212-206-8675

I'm a big fan of this one but before spending that kind of money you need to go see if you like it a lot.
    So head over to Aedes and check it out.
    The bad thing is you will also have a lot of other cool things to check out too.
    Watch your credit card it might just leap out of your wallet and start buying stuff.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

I fell in love in less than ten seconds at Aedes, the credit card leaped out of my wallet. Every year I look for a unique scent to wear to Holliday functions, Parties and such. This is going to be the one. but can also be worn in the daylight, in a pair of jeans lighter aplication tho.

I briefly tried both the men's and women's versions today and, for now, much prefer Lyric Woman - it's richer and the rose note is more prominent. As for the Lyric Man, I had the same trouble as Jubilation XXV (too subtle). However, I'll test them out again sometime in the near future.

I simply don't understand how anyone can call either Jubilation or Lyric subtle...they are profoundly loud on me. Almost Montale like.

TNMA

looks very mysterious.

Quote Originally Posted by thenmarcher View Post
    I simply don't understand how anyone can call either Jubilation or Lyric subtle...they are profoundly loud on me. Almost Montale like.

TNMA
    It's interesting how our skin chemistry's different. If that's the case, I most definitely envy you...

Hi, I've been a lookie-loo on this site for some time now, I've learned a lot from the "community" decided finally to join in and give my 2 scents!!

I had a chance to sample both the men's and ladies' lyric recently.

The men's seemed to me quite heavy on the rose... I felt as though I was wearing rose oil! It gave me a flashback to my student years in Amherst!

The women's was more powdery and... well it reminded me of Citizen Queen, but a little subtler...

So far for me the score on the more recent amouages is:

Reflections Man - NAY (mothballs predominate!)

Jubilation XXV - YAY - a keeper, the ultimate wood, and then some! So many wood fragrances are headed in the direction of this one, like Gucci Rush... but they don't GIVE enough. Jubilation is a reason to celebrate! I also like the saltyness of the drydown, like a woody Erolfa!

Lyric... I can't get excited about either version. And I'm glad. One out of 3 must haves is quite enough thank you from the house of Amouge!

Funny how the biggest fan of them all of rosey lyric seems to be Thenmarcher. He's a fickle one, I've noticed.

How much do you want to bet he'll be selling it within 6 months of aquiring it?
    Last edited by smellzapoppin; 22nd October 2008 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smellzapoppin View Post
    Lyric... I can't get excited about either version. And I'm glad. One out of 3 must haves is quite enough thank you from the house of Amouge!

Funny how the biggest fan of them all of rosey lyric seems to be Thenmarcher. He's a fickle one, I've noticed.

How much do you want to bet he'll be selling it within 6 months of aquiring it?
    LOL! You cheeky bugger! Welcome to Basenotes!

Well, I wouldn't call Jubilation a must have, while Lyric, I think is. I bought Jubilation through that crazy sale with Beauty Encounter so its justified enough. As for my rose taste, strangely enough, rose just works well with me. However, I soak up bright scents like water.

Now I have to get my hands on some Amouage Silver.

TNMA
    Last edited by thenmarcher; 22nd October 2008 at 05:17 PM.