Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default September Purchases

O.K., it's only the first of the month, and I already have a purchase. But it's just a mini (Habanita), and those don't count, right?
    Last edited by BlackCat; 1st September 2008 at 11:21 PM.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Default Re: September Purchases

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    O.K., it's only the first of the month, and I already have a purchase. But it's just a mini (Habanita), and those don't count, right?
    Hey! It sure does count with me

Today I bought an Aramis New West for Men 85% full 3.4 oz bottle from fellow Basenoter Bront82. I have wanted to add this to my wardrobe for about a year now.
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

My birthday is week after next, so I am trying to decide among a group of things.

Since there is a clear point where prices cross the line into the asinine, I list only those bottles that seem relatively reasonable:
    Vintage Must de Cartier
    West Side
    Lux
    Vol de Nuit, but do I want this more for the heritage and gold canister and road trip to Palm Beach than I do the musty daffodil and mildew of the drydown (an acquired and esoteric taste in my estimation)?

Poor old Lux has been on that list since its release; it has had the longest run. West Side I had and sold for a song since I had Ghost and Mille et Une; Must is always good and I've run out of samples and will not be buying any more.

Meantime, I will likely change my mind and buy something on a whim.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I didn't think mini's counted in anything......mini candy bars, mini cupcakes, mini drinks

Ungaro II. Civet and, uh, MORE civet...

Hmmm...
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Quote Originally Posted by tdi View Post
    I didn't think mini's counted in anything......mini candy bars, mini cupcakes, mini drinks
    Exactly! Mini candy bars and cupcakes have no calories, and mini perfumes don't count against the fragrance budget. Right? Right!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

minis and samples don't count!

A back up bottle of Shalimar Light.

The new black amethyst from BBW and ralph lauren blue im so stoked

No, of course minis don't count! Nor do splits or half cookies!

I am taking my Labor Day holiday this Friday (I worked yesterday). After a rigorous morning at the gym and a pot of tea, I intend to go sniffing at Bergdorf's and Barneys. I will try to treat them as museum afternoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Therese View Post
    No, of course minis don't count! Nor do splits or half cookies!

I am taking my Labor Day holiday this Friday (I worked yesterday). After a rigorous morning at the gym and a pot of tea, I intend to go sniffing at Bergdorf's and Barneys. I will try to treat them as museum afternoons.
    I do the same kind of math! Fortunately I am not involved in business or banking

I threw all my rules out of the window and ordered an unsniffed fragrance from an ebay seller. It's Silences by Jacomo, which I've read such nice things about. But it was very inexpenisve, and it's only a 1 oz. bottle, and that's almost a mini...right?

Submitted an order for A la Nuit and Datura Noir. I´m still ponderinf about my next order because I can´t make up my mind whether to get 2 or 3 perfumes and which.

I want Sweet Oriental Dream and then maybe Bandit, or shall I go blind an order Andy Tauer Air du Marocain ( its only 50ml) or go for Eu d´Elide since it´s not bad...or test more samples and make up my mind that way.. :s See need more time to make up my mind!
    Currently wearing: Chypré Fruité by Montale

YSL ~ Baby Doll and a bottle of Nanette Lepore lotion complements of Marshall's

Yesterday I went on my sniffing holiday here in NY. Is it me? Am I just bored? At Barney's I wanted to sniff "Dans Tes Bras," the new Frederic Malle. I was two months too early. Serge Noir was, well, like Fumerie Turque, but not as wonderful.
    After reading the Turin/Sanchez review of the new Insolence EDP, I was hot to try. At Bergdorfs, I did. Meh. Richer than the EDT, but still not for me. Wandered to Takashimaya, but nothing swept me away.
    After no temptation, and feeling quite virtuous, I got home, went on line, and bought Aziyade, the new Parfum d"Empire fragrance, from Luckyscent, with samples of Lostmarch and some PGs included. I am happy about getting the Aziyade; I have been waiting for it since I got a sniff of a small tester at Aedes.
    But nothing, nothing, called to me in the two B's?

Quote Originally Posted by tdi View Post
    Hehehe! *nods*

Anyway, on topic, September purchases:

From a Basenoter: Feminite du Bois

From my Chicago trip: Sugar by Fresh (this has become my tradition now: I buy it and wear it on my US trips. To me, USA smells of Sugar by Fresh ) ... AND I also fell in love with and bought Un parfum de Charmes & Feuilles by TDC (it was available in Barney's; I had to!).

Vintage Shalimar extrait and vintage Emeraude, both from eBay. The Shalimar is unbelievably stunning, start to finish, with incredible smoke. The top notes have gone off the Emeraude, but what's left in the middle is gorgeously weird and wonderful.

Therese, sorry you had fragrance malaise. Hopefully the next time you are out one of those intriguing new releases (like Dans Tes Bras) will be there and will be lovely.

I ordered 15 ml of Chanel No. 22 from The Perfumed Court, along with a few samples. Although that's practically like a mini, even if it cost more than a mini.

Did you know that Da Nile is not just a river in Egypt?

Guess what I went back and bought today? Not Jasmin Noir (yet), but I had to have Blue Agava & Cacao. I love it! I also bought Carthusia Ligea La Sirena and Armani Code.
    Last edited by Tovah; 7th September 2008 at 04:41 AM.

O, Opaponax!: Ligea La Sirena, from the Nordstrom closeout. I'd always thought this was overpriced and avoided it. Things smell a lot better when they are on final sale.

A great deal on a big bottle of Habit Rouge from Fragrance.net with that awesome coupon code ($10 off >$35 or more). I REALLY loved it sampling for the gender-bender Sniff-n-Speak today. It was kind of an impulse buy that happened before I knew it, hanging out online. I guess I Iove the idea of gender-less scents.

Others include:
    For husband--CdG 2 Man and Guerlain's Derby, and 2 vintage Givenchy Gentleman to hoard

Caleche SdP
    Cinnabar
    Le De reformulation
    Carnal Flower
    Un Fleur du Cassie
    Last edited by lushsoup; 29th September 2008 at 09:43 PM. Reason: added to the list...again, and now, once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tovah View Post
    Guess what I went back and bought today? Not Jasmin Noir (yet), but I had to have Blue Agava & Cacao. I love it! I also bought Carthusia Ligea La Sirena and Armani Code.
    What fun purchases! I almost bought the Park Avenue to commemorate our trip, but I decided to wait and spend the money on No. 22 instead. So, how long do you think you'll hold out against Jasmin Noir?

50 ml Dolce Vita for my sister at reasonable price - the birthday wish.

Hi all, I'm new but i saw this post and wanted to add my purchases for the month (so far). I went to the NM Beauty event today and came home with Guerlain 68; Boucheron B; JM White Jasmine & Mint; JM Black Vetyver Cafe. Hopefully I wont bring anymore goodies home this month.

Quote Originally Posted by oolala30 View Post
    Hopefully I wont bring anymore goodies home this month.
    Lol, why would you hope such a thing? Enjoy your purchases! How do you find the White Jasmine and Mint? It's lovely stuff.

Just put in an order for a few aromachemicals from The Perfumer's Apprentice. Typical that when I actually have money, the AUD is down compared to the USD, but I'm too impatient to wait much longer!

Quote Originally Posted by jillsy View Post
    Lol, why would you hope such a thing? Enjoy your purchases! How do you find the White Jasmine and Mint? It's lovely stuff.

Just put in an order for a few aromachemicals from The Perfumer's Apprentice. Typical that when I actually have money, the AUD is down compared to the USD, but I'm too impatient to wait much longer!

ummmmm....that's a good question. I'm a fragrance junkie so why should I fight it. LOL.

I really love the smell of the White Jasmine & Mint, but I think I may end up returning it for something else. For some reason, J&M does not last on my skin. After 10 minutes it is undetectable. That is weird.

Couldn't resist the Fragrance.net coupon either, so I bought Kelly Caleche for under $50. I've used up 2 samples and like it more and more. Also bought (blind, ack!) Cabaret by Gres based on LT/TS review of many stars. It was only $18 and I really like it- a nice, light, peppery rose, in the same family as Perles de Lalique and Paestum Rose. Definitely a good deal at under $20. But that's been it. Was gifted a free bottle of Notorious from Ralph Lauren and actually, I've been wearing it a lot, my mother went out and bought a bottle, too!

Blog Entries

I bought JPG Madame today.

I dipped into Macys after class today to get something for my face, but of course I ended up in the perfume section lol. I mean I am a BNer...*giggle*. I wanted to test the new Lancome Magnifique. It was nice, but like many I have smelled before. It had like a SL type dry down to me, but not as strong. I also smelled Notorius by RL, but didn't really get excited about it. I smelled Sweet Obsession by CK. It smells like a lighter Sensuous by EL.

Now, JPG Madame is definitely a treat. The initial opening of the frag kind of reminds me of spray paint or the magic markers that kids use. The dry down is smooth and sweet. To me it's kind of a cross between Lolita Lempicka and Pink Sugar. It's not really floral and it's not like a berry or candy sweet. It also reminds of fingernail polish remover about an hour after you have used it. I'm one of those weird folks that like the smell of markers and other sweet industrial type smells. Naw, I'm not a glue sniffer, but that industrial type smell is what's drawing me to this frag. I definitely have a sweet tooth. So, Madame is a beautiful mixture of the 2. I try not to impulse buy, but it hasn't gone bad yet and it's been 3 hours. It's still very smooth and sweet. It's just beautiful. I can't wait to give it a full wearing tomorrow.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Got a 30 mL bottle of Estée Lauder Knowing yesterday.

It is adorable, longlasting and elegant, not sweet at all. I hope it will be good for the cold weather to come. This can become a favourite!
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

I bought Flower by Cynthia Rowley (Avon) on ebay because I think the bottle and box are adorable, and it was at a low, low price. It's a very sweet white floral. I quite like it.

I also bought Ava Luxe Neroli Blossom from Basenoter SueBee. This is a pure Neroli scent that I think I will enoy.

Blind buy ~ ~ Iris Noir by Yves Rocher...I'm eagerly awaiting it's arrival!