Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: September Purchases

Comme des Garcons 2 Man- blind buy. got it yesterday and love it!

I bought Alien Eau Luminescente. I like this lighter version well enough. It's a bit more floral in the middle and the dry down seems more woody than the original.

Le De Givenchy; the reformulation.

I am SO SO SO disappointed. I know the new one was touted as different from the original, but this is just so different. It is not even a shadow of it's former self. I suppose I won't feel guilty using this up as a *light floral.* Anyone in love with the original will probably be equally disappointed. It's not that the new one isn't a gentle, light scent, but the powdery intrigue of the original is gone. I'm not sure why Givenchy couldn't recreate their original? Obviously, they have the formula.

I had to know, and I knew I'd end up buying it. I'm just a little sad.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oolala30 View Post
    Hi all, I'm new but i saw this post and wanted to add my purchases for the month (so far). I went to the NM Beauty event today and came home with Guerlain 68; Boucheron B; JM White Jasmine & Mint; JM Black Vetyver Cafe. Hopefully I wont bring anymore goodies home this month.
    Oooo, oooo. How do you like B de Boucheron??? I'll be smelling it in two days, but I'm so anxious to know more. Since I'm a fellow BVC lover, maybe we have similar likes.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by lushsoup View Post
    Obviously, they have the formula.
    You know how I read it? "Hate" instead of "have". Silly me. I had the same experience with the newer Le De, so it is no longer in my Wardrobe.

Well, it's all Musse's fault...she introduced me to L'Or de Torrente & I fell in love so I bought another 1 ounce bottle because my beloved bottle is running low. Naughty, naughty Musse

My plan was to try to not make more purchases this month but I ended up getting JM Amber & Lavendar and also Lancome Magnifique. I dont feel any guilt though because I got them with a GC that I won from Saks. Yea me!!!

Just ordered Love's True Bluish Light 30ml EDP from Ava Luxe!

My first real (FB) purchase this month: Jo Malone Sweet Cedar and Lime. It's new, it's inspired by Thai food, and it's yummy.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    My first real (FB) purchase this month: Jo Malone Sweet Cedar and Lime. It's new, it's inspired by Thai food, and it's yummy.
    Oh, BlackCat, I think this one sounds special! Do you get more cedar or more lime? And is it more citrusy, more woody, or more sweet? One last question (sorry so many!)... is it or could it be unisex? I'm thinking it might be one my hubby would like, too.

I've had some fun buying travel sizes and minis on e-bay. Got travel sizes of Une Rose, Lys Mediterranee, Sabi, and Rose Poivree. Also, from a fellow BNer, the TDC 48 hr. aluminum case (oh, how I love beautiful little containers!) along with a insert of Osmanthus. Oh, and a small regular bottle of Hiris. I *think* this was all in September! :-)

I get a little more sweet lime than cedar, but not much--it strikes me as well balanced. I also get a nice balance of sweet and sour (probably the tamarind).

A guy could definitely wear this.

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    Submitted an order for A la Nuit and Datura Noir. I´m still ponderinf about my next order because I can´t make up my mind whether to get 2 or 3 perfumes and which.

I want Sweet Oriental Dream and then maybe Bandit, or shall I go blind an order Andy Tauer Air du Marocain ( its only 50ml) or go for Eu d´Elide since it´s not bad...or test more samples and make up my mind that way.. :s See need more time to make up my mind!
    Late to this thread... been avoiding these "purchases" threads, but lately I have been feeling the itch.

Lian, get the Sweet Oriental Dream -- I love the sample that I received from Blackcat *waves to BC*
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

I did order SOD and Bandit, and for my birthday I got Dzing and Voleur de Rose

6 bottles in one month, feels good...real good

Wow, Lian, you HAVE had a good month! Which bottle are you most excited about/pleased with???

oof, I think SOD and Bandit, because I didn't have a big sample of either I haven't been able to cover myself in it completly. The Lutens I have little decants off so I was able to use them generously a few times.

The L' Artisans I've been wanting for a long time so I think they don't feel new in a way.

I love them all though, they are all my lovely babies

Leaving aside the steady influx of 1ml samples from The Perfumed Court et al, my first FB purchase this month is Jo Malone Kohdo Day on Ebay for £40 instead of £50+. I don't need 100ml, obviously, but hell, this stuff is rare as hen's teeth in the UK, and I can now go round liberally perfuming all my friends who expressed an interest in it!

Vintage Habanita EDT, a mini vintage Givenchy III and a whole bunch of swaps -- Parfum Sacre, Une Fleure de Cassie, Diorling, Safran Troublant are a few that come to mind.
    Olfacta
    also at http://olfactarama.blogspot.com
    Musings and random thoughts about the genie in the bottle

WOOHOOO!!! I got a 3.4 bottle of Flowerbomb at Costco for $45! What a score, they had lots of others too, for the same price. Also got at Marshalls 1.7 of Lanvin Rumeur and 1 oz of lauren. Happy day

Cristalle EDT and EDP

Pacifica Avalon Juniper
    Pacifica Mexican Cocoa
    MANY Pacifica solid perfumes including the above scents so I have them all now They're so much fun.

Zum Patchouli
    Zum Frankincense and Myrrh

Quote Originally Posted by ChantillyLace View Post
    WOOHOOO!!! I got a 3.4 bottle of Flowerbomb at Costco for $45! What a score, they had lots of others too, for the same price. Also got at Marshalls 1.7 of Lanvin Rumeur and 1 oz of lauren. Happy day
    Wow nice score! Wish the prices were that low on Flowerbomb here!

That is a nice score, Chantilly. I'll have to start trolling the aisles at Costco.

Got a bottle today of Cristobal. And a mini of Bal A Versailles. Loving those 60s classics!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Minis don't count as real expenses, right BlackCat? At least they shouldn't when you get them for $5.99 from ebay: The divine Boucheron in edp concentration in a blue Boucheron jewelry box. Okay, postage added $4, but still!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I just placed an order at the Perfumed Court, which is really such a great resource, isn't it? I got a tea scent sample pack, and Ava Luxe smaple pack and a decant of Infusion D'Iris.

You're absolutely right, Miss Q. Especially at that steal of a price!

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Minis don't count as real expenses, right BlackCat? At least they shouldn't when you get them for $5.99 from ebay: The divine Boucheron in edp concentration in a blue Boucheron jewelry box. Okay, postage added $4, but still!
    I'm trying to stay strong and not buy anything new until the LA October sniffa'. Although I'm starting to revise my goal downward, just to make it to October 1. But what if Bal a Versailles is discontinued before then? (Of course, it's been around since the 60s, but any rationalization for an instant purchase.)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    .....But what if Bal a Versailles is discontinued before then? (Of course, it's been around since the 60s, but any rationalization for an instant purchase.)
    Let me be the first, BlackCat, to encourage you to go for it! If only to make me feel better. I have been bad. I went crazy last week and bought a bottle of THEOREMA on ebay, and then turned around and paid full price online for a 50 ml. bottle of SAFRAN TROUBLANT.

If guilt was my thing, I'd be feeling it now.

BlackCat--Bal a Versailles 1 oz EDC was only $15 on Amazon.

That was my first September purchase

I thought my next would be Ambre Russe, but instead it is Acqua di Parma Iris Nobile from another BNer!

Enablers! I'm going to try really hard not to get BaV until my mini runs out, but I'll probably cave. Asha, I'm shooting for getting the EdT because that's the one that I've tried--not that that's all that expensive, either.

The only frag I get to buy the rest of this month is something from Macy's--I have a $25 giftcard. So even though I'll undoubtedly go over, that doesn't count.

The plan for October (and I'm sharing this for accountability) is to buy one bottle. It will likely be L'Air du Desert Marocain (unless something else at the LA Sniffapalooza tempts me away). Well, and some minis. But as we've all agreed, those don't count.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

BlackCat's motto:
    Anything smaller than a factice
    is a mini.

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaGrace View Post
    I bought Alien Eau Luminescente. I like this lighter version well enough. It's a bit more floral in the middle and the dry down seems more woody than the original.
    Emma, I've been wearing this since it came out this summer and I really love it. I'm contemplating a backup bottle.

I bought the new Shiseido Zen. I've been waiting soooo long..... It reminds me a little too much of Happy, but it's not as harsh.

I have the new Tocca Brigitte on order. Wait wait wait wait....

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    BlackCat's motto:
    [CENTER]Anything smaller than a factice
    is a mini.
    I practically spit water all over the monitor when I saw this. Yep, that's definitely my motto.