Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Nautica Sunset Voyage

I picked up a 3.4 oz bottle of this today at TJ Maxx. It was the last one they had left (a second box was empty - stolen) and for $20 I felt it was too good a deal to pass up. After getting it home and testing it out, I'm not sure what to think about it. It smells similar to cK one Summer 2007 (which I used to own), except spicier and less fruity in its base. Actually the dry-down is a lot spicier than I was expecting.

For some reason this fragrance isn't listed in the Basenotes database. Anyways, I wanted to see if any of you guys had tried Sunset Voyage and to find out what you thought about it.

If you like this fragrance, head to TJ Maxx (or possibly Marshalls) asap!

Last edited by Shaheen; 2nd September 2008 at 01:33 AM.

Default Re: Nautica Sunset Voyage

I dig it actually! i like that its not all aquaic. its fresh but still has some depth to it. It like spicy and clean but still smells very light

Post Thanks / Like

I tried it recently and liked it. I didn't buy it, though, because I have too many "fresh & light" frags right now. A buddy of mine wears it and says it lasts quite awhile. I think it is probably the nicest Nautica release to date.

Yes, it is at Marshall's, too!
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

I personally think Nautica Voyage is much better then Nautica Sunset Voyage - I have seen both at Marshalls/TJ Maxx. But I don't like either one enough to purchase them.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

I wore Sunset Voyage to work today and I still don't know what to think about it. I applied 5 sprays directly to the skin (2 on back of neck, 1 on chest, 1 on each inner elbow) and it faded to nothing within 1 or 2 hours. A co-worker sitting a few feet away couldn't detect it either.

I generally never spray a fragrance more than 5 or 6 times, but perhaps this needs to be applied more liberally. I'm really not sure.

The middle notes smell sort of like beach sand and chili powder. It's very spicy to my nose, and reminds me of eating Mexican food on a beach. The base notes are less spicy and smell more like straight up beach sand.

Eh, still trying to decide if this is a keeper.
    Last edited by Shaheen; 2nd September 2008 at 08:04 PM.

Earlier in the summer I went to the mall to try it and possibly buy it along with a few others, being I live in the country the nearest major mall is 40 miles away, of course none of the stores had it yet. I went back last week as I was in the area, all of the stores did have it but no longer carried it. Then I see a lot of folks posting that they are now seeing it at TJ Maxx and Marshalls.

That tells me all I need to know.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Re: Nautica Sunset Voyage

This is too damn spicy for my tastes. Chili or cayenne pepper mixed with beach sand. I reapplied after taking my midday shower and started getting sick of it already. It's going on eBay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Odd, I've never seen it in that packaging before, I think the Dillard's here is still selling it for full retail so nice score at TJX. As clean scents go it's good, they're just not my thing. The spice that other people have picked up on I think is enough to at least distinguish it from the "expensive hand soap" fragrances you find frequently.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried this too, but I didn't like it at all... Too sweet, too synthetic for my likin'. Tha' local drugstore has it discounted @ 50% - I've not seen it @ winners yet (Canada's version of tj maxx) but I'm sure it'll make it's appearance. Oh well, another drone cologne flanker that didn't make it...
    - A spritz of Caron may be quite continental, but (a flacon of) Guerlain is a perfumisto's best friend...

It's alright. It's a spiced rum and suntan lotion.