Code of Conduct

Cool Got my first compliment today

I stopped by Elder Beerman today after work to check out any new fragrances and pick up some sample vials. Before I left I sprayed myself with Givenchy Pi and headed out to meet a family member at a local restaurant. As soon as our waitress arrived she immediately said "Wow, someone smells good." I let her smell my arm and she liked it so much she went and got another waitress who also went crazy over the fragrance. They made me tell them exactly what fragrance it was so they could go out and buy it for their husbands.

Funny thing is, I don't really like Pi all that much. I love the smell of vanilla and almonds, but I find this to be too synthetic, at least to my nose. Considering how quickly I started getting compliments after wearing this, I may just suck it up and buy a bottle. Maybe it'll grow on me.

I'm going to try Rochas Man before I buy Pi, just in case I happen to like that one a lot more.

Default Re: Got my first compliment today

Ah, Pi compliment getter... :-)

Believe me we probably have the same taste. Pi did exactly the same thing to my nose!! Its nice but rochas man is way more perfect and addicting! Pi is nice but it lacks personality and uniqueness. When u try rochas u will probably immediately buy a bottle

That's nice to hear, but I wouldn't buy something you sort of dislike just because it brought you one compliment. Many more will follow with scents you truly like yourself .
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Funny about Pi. My husband tried it on and HE hated it. I loved it and promptly bought a mini for MYSELF. I'm apt to do the same thing with Rochas Man too, since it sounds so similar. I think it's a vanilla thing that relates to "interested parties". And I don't really like vanilla on myself either, so who knows if I'll enjoy wearing Pi on myself--I just felt compelled to own it!

Obviously there's some power to those types of fragrances since it and Rochas Man seem to garner compliments.

Quote Originally Posted by lushsoup View Post
    Funny about Pi. My husband tried it on and HE hated it. I loved it and promptly bought a mini for MYSELF. I'm apt to do the same thing with Rochas Man too, since it sounds so similar. I think it's a vanilla thing that relates to "interested parties". And I don't really like vanilla on myself either, so who knows if I'll enjoy wearing Pi on myself--I just felt compelled to own it!

Obviously there's some power to those types of fragrances since it and Rochas Man seem to garner compliments.

difference is Rochas doesnt have that sickeningly sweet quality that Pi does......though Rochas is quite synthetic its a very well done synthetic with just enough coffe notes to round out the blast of vanilla/caramel out the box. And rochas has insta sillage....meaning when sprayed on it spreads around the room like a wildfire.

i'm not a Pi fan.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Pi deserves compliment. I like it a lot. Apart from being very sweet, I find it very sharp too.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

I strongly dislike Pi, but I'm completely enamored with Boucheron's Jaipur pour Homme. MUCH better scent overall! Check it out, it's centered around heliotrope, so the sweetness doesn't feel as cloying/synthetic, and it's got a warm feeling to it. It's kind of like cinnamon-spiced vanilla.

I dislike Pi too. It's too sweet but not in a good way . I agree that rochas man is a better fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Leifer View Post
    I strongly dislike Pi, but I'm completely enamored with Boucheron's Jaipur pour Homme. MUCH better scent overall! Check it out, it's centered around heliotrope, so the sweetness doesn't feel as cloying/synthetic, and it's got a warm feeling to it. It's kind of like cinnamon-spiced vanilla.
    jaiipur is much better..and is very underrated....agreed once again
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

I sold my Rochas Man due to lack of opportunity to wear it. I'd purchased the 4.2 oz.

I must say that I love Pi, not for sniffing myself (I feel that there are many better scents) but for girls reaction, girls do love sweet scents, thats why I got it for everyday use in rotation with hanae mori and some cheaper scents as blue jeans
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

I tried that yesterday in a shopping mall because of the big Pi advertisements at the entering and I was happy I didn't put it on my wrist as I usually do but rather on a test paper because later it appeared to be entirely not my type of scent. I got the paper and showed it to a colleague of mine and she is really hot girl She disliked it So, everything is obviously up to the personal preference. I bet you can get compliments from virtually any scent on the market because people may like scents on the whole spectrum of smells - from disgusting to heavenly (if you take yourself as a reference, of course )
    Last edited by dgenerator; 3rd September 2008 at 08:17 PM.

As usually women usually love (synthetic) vanilla scents.

Au usually men like it much less.

My girlfriend loves Pi, and so do many of my female friends.

I find it not even average, and sold my bottle despite the complitments it garners.

It s amazing how women have such diferent taste than we have about men fragrances.
    Current top 10 in no particular order : Malle - Carnal Flower (pre 2008) ; Montale - Black Aoud ; Bond #9 - Silver Factory ; Tauer - L'air du désert marocain ; C&Z - No 88 ; Francis K. - APOM ; Creed - Aventus ; Amouage - Epic ; Profumum - Dulcis In Fundo ; Amouage - Opus V

Well Well Well Pi vs. Rochas we might actually have a winner by outside interference.........First off I like both fragrances (but I tend to like anything that is not Aquatic sorry Aquatic fans but where I live that is all you smell) second I don't see where they are all that similiar Rochas smells more like Chocolate/Moca while Pi is Vanilla but they both garner compliments from the ladies. For me the winner was actually decided by Axe releasing this Dark Temptations. Teenagers live by Axe and dark temptations is selling well and I am starting to smell this knock off version of Rochas a lot more. That is a problem because to the non-basenoters they won't be able to tell the difference so the winner by TKO Givency Pi and down goes Rochas.