Code of Conduct
    AromiErotici

Default Opium pour homme eau de parfum

Just got it today. A little spendy ( not too bad) and bought it blind after researching the reviews.

This has to be the most powerful frag I have and also the most decadent by far. I was amazed at the sillage from one small spritz and it lasted at least 5 hours.

I am so glad I purchased this. Thanks for the honest reviews. I am grateful for the folks on this board that have a discerning nose coupled with descriptive language. This fragrance is special, no doubt...and I'll have to wear it accordingly.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Opium pour homme eau de parfum

There's really some power in that one isn't there? I think it's the smoothest of all the OPH concentrations. Congratulations on your purchase!

Post Thanks / Like

i have opium ph in my wishlist too but could try till now only the edt version. I have also iceberg twice which have some similar notes to opium (edt or edp ?).

Did read here also that the edt is better for summer and edp for winter. I need an real evening scent which i want to use (summer and winter) not only at home :--)
    Last edited by sanatik; 3rd September 2008 at 09:18 AM.
    "Wow, I've never smelled anything like that before."

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah.. massive sillage and well constructed scent.. too much for me i'm afraid and now its gonna have to go

.................................................. ...................I'm gonna memorize your name.. and then i'm gonna throw my head away!!........:bounce:.............

Post Thanks / Like

I might have to give this one a proper try, as I'm sick of watered down fragrances that are gone (or undetectable) within an hour.
    AromiErotici, I'd also suggest you try Bogart pour Homme. Its a fairly sweet, heavy oriental with extremely good longevity and sillage. If I spray it on in the morning, I'll still get wafts of it before I fall asleep in bed that night!
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    I might have to give this one a proper try, as I'm sick of watered down fragrances that are gone (or undetectable) within an hour.
    AromiErotici, I'd also suggest you try Bogart pour Homme. Its a fairly sweet, heavy oriental with extremely good longevity and sillage. If I spray it on in the morning, I'll still get wafts of it before I fall asleep in bed that night!
    Sounds interesting. I'm usually heavy-handed applying fragrances ; not to leave casualties in my wake,but because there's something about my skin that absorbs.....but with OPH, that would be insane. There would be peripheral damage for miles...... Excellent frag in very small doses.

You need to try Opium eau de parfum. It really is outstanding.....and I will now search for reviews on Bogart........

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

AromiErotici... Your name suggests me: Try the original Opium (1977) in its Eau de Toilette and Eau de Parfum form. Marketed towards women, it's highly appreciated among many male members here... Then revisit Pour Homme EdP. Just an idea...

:-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    Sounds interesting. I'm usually heavy-handed applying fragrances ; not to leave casualties in my wake,but because there's something about my skin that absorbs.....but with OPH, that would be insane. There would be peripheral damage for miles...... Excellent frag in very small doses.

You need to try Opium eau de parfum. It really is outstanding.....and I will now search for reviews on Bogart........
    Same. I usually use 6 sprays + of everything (excluding Bogart, le Male and D&G homme) and even then I only just can detect it after a while. My girlfriend thinks I'm mad, but then again 2 sprays of anything lasts nearly a whole day on her.

Post Thanks / Like

Bogart ph is a fabulous suggestion.. one of my latest discoveries.. and I love it.. talk about longevity and sillage!!

.................................................. ...................I'm gonna memorize your name.. and then i'm gonna throw my head away!!........:bounce:.............

AromiErotici

Bogart reviews are intriguing ....which usually means I'll try some. Sounds like a frag I would enjoy.

Funny how some of the Frags I use (e.g. Fendi,Aramis,Canali,Bijan,etc....) are described as very heavy scents and to apply sparingly, yet I spray liberally and within 1.5 hours or less, the scent is faint and pleasant. I include Quorum in this list also which some describe as a beast.

I met my match however in Opium. This is a major league pitbull with a bite to match the bark.

Post Thanks / Like

he he.. when i put on my Antaeus (only 1 spray of this one!) in the morning, i can still notice the smell of it 24 hours later, after a shower!! The longevity of this hi-class frag is amazing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    he he.. when i put on my Antaeus (only 1 spray of this one!) in the morning, i can still notice the smell of it 24 hours later, after a shower!! The longevity of this hi-class frag is amazing!
    Another one I have to try, as I don't really have any 'testosterone loaded' frags in my collection. Although I heard that the reformulated version is watered down and only lasts ~4-5 hours

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    Bogart reviews are intriguing ....which usually means I'll try some. Sounds like a frag I would enjoy.

Funny how some of the Frags I use (e.g. Fendi,Aramis,Canali,Bijan,etc....) are described as very heavy scents and to apply sparingly, yet I spray liberally and within 1.5 hours or less, the scent is faint and pleasant. I include Quorum in this list also which some describe as a beast.

I met my match however in Opium. This is a major league pitbull with a bite to match the bark.
    It really is a great fragrance, although you might not like it immediately. First whiff I thought "whoa, Lynx (Axe) Africa!" but over the next few hours it really evolved into something completely different, sensual and intoxicating. Its also a major complement getter!

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see Opium Pour Homme EdP getting some love here.

I expected to like Opium (the woman's) more when I tested it. And I have tested the EdT, the EdP, the Parfum and that other one that's called Esprit de Parfum or something like that...and none of them do I like as much as OPH.

I very rarely buy fragrances blind. But I bought OPH blind and I was completely satisfied when I got.

One or two sprays is all I need - this is NOT a scent you want to overapply.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 3rd September 2008 at 05:47 PM.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

I onced owned Opium pour Homme EDP but it never completely agreed with my skin chemistry. In addition, I didn't get the longevity that some of you have been raving about but I guess that's my bad luck. In the end, I found something else far more satisfying and in a very similar vein: Serge Lutens' Arabie.
    Last edited by Trebor; 3rd September 2008 at 06:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Another one I have to try, as I don't really have any 'testosterone loaded' frags in my collection. Although I heard that the reformulated version is watered down and only lasts ~4-5 hours

Maby its right that it is a bit "lighter" version today, than the 1981 version, but the longevity-quality is the same.. I dont think a quality perfumery house like Chanel would "water down" some of their classic frags....Why should they? Spend some money? No way.....

Post Thanks / Like

This perfume is too spicy, too long-lasting, too powerful, too everything. I can't take it. I can't stand it. It is too much for me. It makes me sick, and I sold my bottle at the marketplace.

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by LuciusVorenus View Post
    This perfume is too spicy, too long-lasting, too powerful, too everything. I can't take it. I can't stand it. It is too much for me. It makes me sick, and I sold my bottle at the marketplace.

LOL.....it does seem to be all encompassing..... I have to say this though; I wore Opium EDP today at work. I used 2 sprays this morning and I usually use about 7 of everything else.

After about an hour, it transformed into an indescribably pleasant scent that lasted throughout a 12 hour shift. On me, any fragrance that has longetivity like that; coupled with a fantastic scent has to get props.

Sorry it doesn't work for you.....but thankfully there's diversity amongst frags.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sanatik View Post
    Did read here also that the edt is better for summer and edp for winter. I need an real evening scent which i want to use (summer and winter) not only at home :--)
    Well, I have a hard time wearing the EdT & EdP in the summer. I usually go for the Eau D'Orient version which is superb in the heat.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    I dont think a quality perfumery house like Chanel would "water down" some of their classic frags....Why should they? Spend some money? No way.....
    Well, given the experience of quite a lot people around here they did water it down. Seems completely logical to me, as even Chanel is just another designer company.

Post Thanks / Like

Lucius,
    You haven't smelled it on me yet- it's too amazing!
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Post Thanks / Like

This perfume is too spicy, too long-lasting, too powerful, too everything. ...
    This is EXACTLY why I had to have it as part of my collection!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    Well, I have a hard time wearing the EdT & EdP in the summer. I usually go for the Eau D'Orient version which is superb in the heat.
    i did test till now only the edt. How would you describe the differences to the edp ?
    "Wow, I've never smelled anything like that before."