Code of Conduct

Default New Poison Elixirs

Hey,
    So has anyone sampled the new Poison Elixirs from Dior? Hypnotic Elixir and Midnight Elixir.
    I love the flacon on the Pure Poison Elixir, and these two are the same 'thing'. I tried them both on blotters yesterday (not realising we had them to sample - I would have tried them on!).

Midnight Poison Elixir - Quite powerful rose and patchouli note, but with something edible in there - I *think* it is caramel. The top note is intoxicating and I would follow someone around if they smelled like that. Very seductive, but somewhat brash and 'statement' which you would expect from a Poison.

Hypnotic Poison Elixir - I've always found the original a bit too shortlived and marzipan-y. This is the "remedy" for that. I smelled this alongside the original Hypnotic just to compare the difference. The Elixir is a more pronounced vanilla.

My co-worker promised to wear Hypnotic all day today, so I can sniff her all day long to see how it wears. I shall wear the Midnight all day.

Default Re: New Poison Elixirs

Oooooh! Hypnotic Poison writ large! Yumsters.
    I didn't like Midnight very much - on me it had a pronounced 'Ralgex' top note. (Not bad, just a bit off-putting if you weren't expecting liniment.)
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

So I wore Midnight Poison Elixir all day yesterday. One squirt lasted me from 3pm yesterday and it was still there when I woke (11am!) this morning.
    It develops very slowly, beginning with the real blast of a top note, lots of rose and patchouli, and it seems like some citrus that I'm not sure what it is, with the caramel note detectable. Then after about an hour, the caramel became the main focus of the fragrance. You can still smell the roses too, but the patchouli has died back a fair bit. This morning I could still smell the caramel with an ambery background.
    It's absolutely delicious.

Unfortunately, my colleague who I was planning to sample Hypnotic on all day was off ill. Hopefully she will be better today and I can let you all know about it.

Where can I buy the Hypnotic Elixir?
    Last edited by leffleur; 4th September 2008 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leffleur View Post
    Where can I buy the Hypnotic Elixir?
    +1

Which store is carrying these?

Colleague wore Hypnotic all day. Wears fantastically on her. Development is very similar to the original. Couldn't smell much difference in the dry down. Perhaps just a platform for a relaunch. (They have also launched a body creme.)
    Currently selling them in Boots stores in the UK. Don't know about US, sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Gblue View Post
    Colleague wore Hypnotic all day. Wears fantastically on her. Development is very similar to the original. Couldn't smell much difference in the dry down. Perhaps just a platform for a relaunch. (They have also launched a body creme.)
    Currently selling them in Boots stores in the UK. Don't know about US, sorry!

Dang!
    Thank you for the response. At least it's not that much different than the original, and I have a bottle of that.