Code of Conduct

Default Build a wardrobe el cheapo/drugstore style

I thought an interesting topic would be to make suggestions to someone trying to build a wardrobe with only drugstore fragrances. I know you can go to TJ Maxx, Marshall's, or Ross and pick up high quality frags at discount prices but I am talking about building a wardrobe strictly off CVS, Rite Aide, Wal-Mart, Walgreens, K Mart, and Target style fragrances. I guess one rule to make this work would be if you can find the fragrance at Belk, Dillards, or Macy's then it is not drugstore (Armani's, CK's, Claiborne's etc..).

Dependent

Default Re: Build a wardrobe el cheapo/drugstore style

lol i dont think i have to try, i already have one.....
    well as long as it doesnt burn whatever is left of my pockets and it smells great, i wouldnt bother if it was a cheapo-grab (i paid less than 20US for versace blue jeans and i really enjoy it) - a fate i have resigned to

hey Mattew what fragrances do you have since you said you already have a wardrobe of el cheap/drugstore fragrances.

It of course depends on what's available in your drugstores. I live in Germany, and very often our drugstore chains carry designer fragrances at reduced prices (usually scents that have been around for a while and/or are no longer at the height of fashion--this happens pretty quickly these days, with so many new things being launched every year).

Jovan Musk can be bought for very little money (about 10 EUR for a big bottle) and I find it useful for layering with other fragrances or wearing on a low-key kind of day.

The Body Shop usually has a nice range of fragrances for men and women. I love their White Musk perfume oil (they now also do a White Musk edt for men), and most of the EDT's for men in general are very nice indeed.

I recently saw a 100 ml bottle of Chloe's Narcisse at my local drugstore.

It of course depends on what's available in your drugstores. I live in Germany, and very often our drugstore chains carry designer fragrances at reduced prices (usually scents that have been around for a while and/or are no longer at the height of fashion--this happens pretty quickly these days, with so many new things being launched every year).

Jovan Musk can be bought for very little money (about 10 EUR for a big bottle) and I find it useful for layering with other fragrances or wearing on a low-key kind of day.

The Body Shop usually has a nice range of fragrances for men and women. I love their White Musk perfume oil (they now also do a White Musk edt for men), and most of the EDT's for men in general are very nice indeed.

I recently saw a 100 ml bottle of Chloe's Narcisse at my local drugstore.

Apologies for double-post. Not sure how I managed to do that.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post
    hey Mattew what fragrances do you have since you said you already have a wardrobe of el cheap/drugstore fragrances.
    the likes of ur brief mention. armani, ck, etc....im trying to keep my range smaller. im guessing by drugstore u mean ala mainstream? coz they are def cheaper than niche. i dont own any niche. not even a sample of decant. plus ive curbed buyung anymore frags in the last 2 mths(i think). im trimming down, and managed to off load the impulsive regrettable buys. the cheapest ones i have are 17 bucks versace blue jeans and aigner X limited. i would like to have some A&F and liz clairs. but we only have the clothing range here. plus my old lady is like BIG BRO watching, ive to hide my stash coz i tend to buy more than i need i guess. the frags i have are those in my wardrobe icon. i usually try to get the largest bottle coz its so much cheaper in the context of quantity. ie LDIssey 125ml is just 15-18 buck more than the 75ml...

yeah and where im from we dont have drugs stores, we have provision shops, which sell alcohol, medicine, herbs,some toilettries etc, but no frags, coz the distributors wouldnt allow any retailing in stores that are not in town and up market areas.so the usual side stores wouldnt have them...

i dont spend over 120US for any single item. in fact ive never gone over 100bucks3/4 the time
    Last edited by MFJ; 3rd September 2008 at 08:23 PM.

Sur la Plage

Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I was at Walgreens today and looked at some of the fragrances, their prices were not any better than the department stores. There were one or two on sale but they were bad ones like Antonio Banderas and Hugo Red.

I know Wal Mart carries the cheap , yet good, Adidas fragrances. I like those. The Swiss Army and decent Hummer fragrances are sold there too.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Blowe46 View Post
    I know Wal Mart carries the cheap , yet good, Adidas fragrances. I like those. The Swiss Army and decent Hummer fragrances are sold there too.
    i always wondered how swiss army is like, its almost impossible to find where im from... only the popular mainstream onese are available.... wish we had a better variety....

Hrm, Chloe original for 12 bux at ross...I also saw Guerlains Champs-Élysées there but that smells like a garbage pail x rat ass on me. Sad =(
    But you always find something worth trying at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post
    I thought an interesting topic would be to make suggestions to someone trying to build a wardrobe with only drugstore fragrances. I know you can go to TJ Maxx, Marshall's, or Ross and pick up high quality frags at discount prices but I am talking about building a wardrobe strictly off CVS, Rite Aide, Wal-Mart, Walgreens, K Mart, and Target style fragrances. I guess one rule to make this work would be if you can find the fragrance at Belk, Dillards, or Macy's then it is not drugstore (Armani's, CK's, Claiborne's etc..).
    Hmm... many of the fragrances found on the shelves of Walmart, Walgreens, Target, Kmart and CVS can also be found at Macy's, Dillard's etc. So disqualifying those that can be found in department stores also disqualifies many of those that can be found in drugstores and discounters.

Having said that a wardrobe of inexpensive scents wouldn't be complete without Old Spice or Brut 33.
    Last edited by surreality; 5th September 2008 at 02:51 AM.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Grey FLannel is sold 'at drugstores and has been a consistently good fragrance at bargain bin prices.

but then again it's sold everywhere else... including frag online shops. Does it still count?
    Last edited by masuerte; 10th September 2008 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by masuerte View Post
    Grey FLannel is sold everywfreakin'where and has been a consistently good fragrance at bargain bin prices.

Hell you can just settle by going to Target, it's a one stop shop if you include what they offer online.
    sample it first. Make sure you like it. it's not for the younger crowd.

Now is a good time to pick up several scents at half price, as Walgreens is clearing out many of its larger sizes.

I recently picked up Polo Double Black, Polo Blue, CKin2U, Tommy Bahama, Perry Ellis 360, and Mustang, all at great prices.

Check several different locations, as one might still have something that another store in the chain has already sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by FLCounselor View Post
    Now is a good time to pick up several scents at half price, as Walgreens is clearing out many of its larger sizes.

I recently picked up Polo Double Black, Polo Blue, CKin2U, Tommy Bahama, Perry Ellis 360, and Mustang, all at great prices.

Check several different locations, as one might still have something that another store in the chain has already sold out.
    Does anyone know how much Polo Double Black and Tommy Bahama cost at Walgreens? How many ounces were the fragrances?

Skin Musk – best eight bucks I've ever spent!

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Does anyone know how much Polo Double Black and Tommy Bahama cost at Walgreens? How many ounces were the fragrances?
    I picked up Bahama 2 weeks ago ( or so) at Walgreens for $18. Bahama is awesome too.

I may go to a few more other drugstores or Walgreens to see what else they have. In Walgreens I saw this fragrance called Black by Pierre Cardin on sale for $12. Not sure how big the bottle is. It came out in 2007. Why is it so cheap? I'm guessing you can only find it in drugstores and online. Other fragrances from Pierre Cardin are also dirt cheap online. There are three reviews on here about it and all of them are positive. What's up with other fragrance companies like Jacomo de Jacomo and Jacques Bogart that sell for cheap online?
    Last edited by Ronin; 21st September 2008 at 09:41 AM.