Code of Conduct

Default Acqua e Zucchero by Profumum

I was on the search for a site to get a sample of straight to heaven by kilian and I came upon a site called luckyscent.com and I seen they have a nice selection of very expensive vanilla fragrances now my question is has anyone ever tried this one. If so can ya please give a nice rundown of the frag? thanx

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Acqua e Zucchero by Profumum

Acqua e Zucchero is an extremely sweet, candied scent. It's quite nice, but would be somewhat difficult to pull off as a man. It's nothing like Straight to Heaven though in case you are hoping so. It's a much sweeter, young, feminine scent.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Post Thanks / Like

You could easily eat Acqua e Zucchero. It;s delicious and it lasts 24h at least.

Sounds good I think I'll order a sample.

I want a bottle of this stuff so bad!

When I ordered my usual round of Gier Ness, LS included a sample of this for me. Man this is stuff is sweet and amazing... for $240! (Right now, Luckyscent is on back order on it. I emailed them a few weeks ago asking if they are going to have it in stock around Christmas time and they assured me it will.

I supposed people are buying it up.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I had never smelled this, and confusingly I always thought it was a citrus scent every time I saw the name.

When I was at COW parfumerie in Stockholm, this summer, the shopkeeper was helping this guy who came into the store and had some difficulty choosing a fragrance. I was camping out in the store, sniffing as much as I could before my nose numbed up - so the nice shopkeeper introduced me to him and told the man, 'This guy knows fragrances!'. Which made me smile.

The guy did not have a clue. He was a writer, well dressed, straight guy (I think...). Very soft spoken, intelligent. Extremely nice guy. I gave him some stuff I thought he should try (Hinoki, Fou d' Absinthe, Sequoia, Avignon...a few others). He pointed out the Profumum line to me, and asked me what I thought about them. I told him that I loved all of them that I've tested (well except for that lemony, tropical one that smells like floor cleaner...can't remember the name of it now) and that the only drawback for me, was the high price.

He showed me the bottle of Acqua e Zucchero and said the shopkeeper had told him to try it, and he really liked it. So, of course, I had to smell it.

Of course, at this point, I had a little nose fatigue. But from what I remember, I liked it. It reminded me of the smell of simple syrup (boiling water, sugar) that I use to sweeten ice tea when I have company over. However, it builds upon that theme. I asked him if he'd ever smelled Sugar by Fresh (he hadn't) because AdZ smells like a parfum version of Sugar, if such a thing existed. Quite sexy, for a sweet, sugary fragrance IMO. The smell of sugared human skin. Quite enchanting stuff.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 2nd October 2008 at 05:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

i have tried two so far from this line, Thundra and Fumidus. Both knocked me off..especially Fumidus. they smell just too real in a very unreal way...the price tag is the only thing holding me back so far...this line is just amazing it seems.
    Last edited by jenson; 2nd October 2008 at 05:16 PM.