Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Do you put fragance before to sleep?

Personally, I put only 1 spray after to take shower and go to sleep.

Marilyn Monroe used to put Chanel 5.
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Default Re: Do you put fragance before to sleep?

I like Blue Ambre from Montale for sleep...

it's a comfort scent for sure.
    top ten: L'Air du Desert Marocain, Black Aoud, Le Labo Rose 31, Bois du Portugal, Incense Rose, Millesime Imperial, Czech & Speake no.88, Terre de Hermes, Musc Ravageur, Nasomatto Duro

Best layers: GIT and TdH, GIT and BA

sample wishlist: Roses Musk

Yes, I do! After my evening shower is my favorite time to test fragrances, too. Spraying each forearm with a different scent can sometimes be disastrous, though. I end up having to re-wash my arms.

Zzzzzzz----
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Basenotes Plus

Blue Amber is a perfect sleep scent.
    I use a few; L'Huere Bleue parfum, or Timbuktu, or Bois Farine or FRACAS parfum depending on the weather & my state of mind.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Sometimes. Usually it's samples I'm testing though.

I only put fragrance on before sleep if I'm testing the longevity of it.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

I have been wearing Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe for bedtime, mostly. I recently discovered that Jicky EDP is also a great night-time scent. MPG Ambre Precieux is another that works very well.

I have sampled Montale Blue Amber, and agree it is a contender. On me, it seems a bit masculine compared to the ones I mentioned above, so I am not sure I feel any urgency to add it to my rotation.

Blog Entries

I agree that Ambre Precieux would be excellent. Soft, warm, and close to the skin. I think that non-incense amber scents would be great in general. Two other scents that I like that way are D&G the one for men and YSL L'Homme, although the latter is a bit loud.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I usually spray on a very light dose of whatever I'm going to wear the next day...
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

— Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Oh, absolutely! It's my favorite "get acquainted with a new scent" time. I don't have a "signature bedtime scent", though.

Montale Original Aoud works nicely, as does pure vetiver oil or pure lavender oil or absolute. Most commercial perfumes just assault my sinuses while I sleep and detract from the overall quality of sleep so I pass on them.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I love to wear fragrances to sleep. There seems to be an overwhelming appreciation for sleeping in various ambers. I must agree. I love showering with Sensual Amber showergel before I go to bed as well.

I usually put either mugler cologne or CD fahrenheit before my sacktime.

Basenotes Plus

Lately I've worn a small amount of L'Antimatičre (from a sample) to bed, and I've slept very well and had nice dreams
    I love cologne.

I have a box full of BPAL samples, I usually test a couple on my wrists at bedtime, and as I usually read to relax, its a great time to try them out

I use Eucalyptus room spray at night. It's quite refreshing and helps me sleep well. Last night I didn't use it and had a nightmare.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

nah, i dont' wanna smell like anything before going to bed. I might test samples.

Without fail... and what I choose before bed is as diverse as what I choose when i wake up!

It's usually either Kouros (Yves Saint Laurent) or Daim Blond (Serge Lutens). "Sweet dreams are made of these...". :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Without fail... and what I choose before bed is as diverse as what I choose when i wake up!
    What Dimitri said.
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & Ręve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

I like to spray before going to bed, usually a rich Oriental, preferably on the sweet side.

I also like to use traditional womens' frags, not the more unisex ones I would wear in normal day to day activity, but the really floral or soft ones.

One poster has already mentioned L'Heure Bleu. I especially like to spray that one before sleeping.

noggs
    Last edited by noggs; 4th September 2008 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    One poster has already mentioned L'Heure Bleu. I especially like to spray that one before sleeping.
    Seems kinda fitting
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & Ręve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

Always! Usually my SoTD, sometimes just whatever strikes my fancy. I'm much more likely to forget to brush my teeth than to apply perfume.
    Last edited by ebear; 4th September 2008 at 09:14 AM.
    For swap/sale: NIB: Pure Malt, Floris Vetiver, Vintage Tiffany, Charriol Royal Leather, Dior Homme; Dior Homme Intense, Chanel PMC, M7 gel, Roma (women's), Spicebomb, Trussardi Uomo, Obsession, others...
    http://tiny.cc/rd8ptw
    (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/a7qoley
    (sales)

Thumbs up Re: Do you put fragance before to sleep?

After showering i use to wear a tranquilizer lavender which i also spray on the pillow.

Sur la Plage

I like using the Body Shop White Musk for Men or L'Occitane Eau de L'Occitan as my "scent of sleep".
    Last edited by petruccijc; 4th September 2008 at 11:20 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Pinaud Clubman or Avon Wild Country usually help me have a calm and relaxing sleep.

Sometimes I spray Extra Vieille on my pillow. But I never wear a fragrance to sleep.

Wardrobe isnīt big enough to allow me to wear perfume at night before running out of perfume in maybe a year, and that thought alone is enough to give me nightmares.

Once my collection is so big I wont ever run out of perfume in my life time with daily wear, then yes Iīll wear perfume at night.

Yes, to my wife's dismay. She thinks I'm nuts.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

According to some articles I've read, jasmine and lavender are supposed to promote better sleep, so I've been spraying my pillow cover with Claiborne Sport before I go to bed. Although it's pretty strong, it doesn't keep me awake.

A resounding Yes! from me too!

I loooove it!

Wait, What?!
    Not wearing perfume before sleeping? you mean at the most personal, intimate, sensual and euphoric time of the day?

I guess I do not see perfume as a cosmetic anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Snafoo View Post
    Yes, to my wife's dismay. She thinks I'm nuts.
    Thinks or knows?
    Thinks...
    or knows?

JK.

I used to find a spray of Bulgari pour Homme on the crook of my neck (i.e. between your two collarbones) would relax me, however lately I usually dont bother.
    I might try Ice*Men tonight, as it reminds me slightly of Angel, which my girlfriend has been wearing all winter
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

AromiErotici

Yea.....I do. No other reason than I love to smell good all the time....even at night.

Besides, after a shower before bed, it relaxes me to just grab something,spray and enjoy.

I do. I usually spray my forearms with scents that I love, but do not feel comfortable with in public. Such as, Kielhs Musk and Gris Clair

I also use bedtime to test the longevity of scents; again, on my forearms.

Usually Mitsouko, if I'm not testin'.
    - A spritz of Caron may be quite continental, but (a flacon of) Guerlain is a perfumisto's best friend...

But ofcourse I do.

I usually dab some on my wrist from a sample.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

I'm surprised many people wear Blue Amber... because that's how I first tested Blue Amber. I fell right asleep. It takes me forever to fall asleep.

I always test a sample before bedtime.

The best one and I need more of was MoslBuddJewChristHinDao.

CdG 2 Man was also great.

Put a bunch on your chest, go to bed shirtless, leave the covers off your upper torso and let the aroma fill your nostrils and dreams. When you get cold you'll pull the covers on but it's quite the experience.

It depends on what kind of mood I'm in and if there will be cuddling involved.

I always wear something to calm me down. I too have of late been using Blue Amber for this purpose. I like to wake up to its soothing smell.
    Heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard are sweeter. (Keats)

I think I have to get a sample of Blue Amber for sleeping purposes, sometimes I just lay awake but sounds like this is the perfume to attract the Sandman.

Dependent

i make it a point to spray on after a shower whether or not i leave my house after. As for nights, i always use 3-4 sprays of ADG on my sheets and pillows. its light enough for fabric freshing in my room. Im still hoping maybe armani would come out with an ADG "Intense"(some how ADG gives me the impression of cucumber-ish scent, i find it perfect for a therapeutic pleasant sleep inducer.... esp on my pillows. , but ive given up nwearing it since bvlgari aqva came along.

anyone else uses frags on theri sheets, pillows etc? i sometimes use weekend for a change coz it too is pointless for wearing out when it lasts 3 hours tops on me, better off making the best of blunder buys.

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB View Post
    I usually spray on a very light dose of whatever I'm going to wear the next day...
    Same here. If I don't care for it when I wake I'll change my sotd.

Favourite to bed is M7, YSL. Perhaps because I find it unsuitable for any other time. Too much of a good thing.

I spray my pillows with AG Eau de Lavande

Basenotes Institution

I always wear fragrance before bed.

Recently I've become addicted to Shalimar (the EdC) by Guerlain as my go-to scent for bed.

I tend to avoid 'testing' scents before bed. Many scents are too disruptive too sleep. I avoid leathers, heavy/sweet scents and anything bracing (mint/citrus).

I caution against wearing Black Orchid by Tom Ford to bed, I had a very unrestful sleep wearing this one night. Never again!
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Never!

Few drops of my "night mix" (benzoin, vetiver and lavender essential oils) on my pillow

If I like what I've worn/sampled during the day, I refresh it for bed.

Yes, I do
    Usually Vetiver AG or vintage Vetiver Guerlain.
    Sometimes Ungaro II or Jicky Guerlain.
    Or even oud oil.

And I usually wear feminine scents (like Vol de Nuit, La Nuit de Paco Rabanne) after evening shower
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Definately - and usually it's some Yardley English Lavender or something floral.
    A

Newbie discovering the wonderful world of perfume

Looking for; http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=210771
    and
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=214089

I find Gucci Envy a comforting scent to wear to bed.

I generally put on two different things I'm sampling in the evenings and then go to bed wearing those. It's an easy way to test their longevity, too; I just see what I can detect the next morning.

No, I like to give my nose a rest.

Mostly I have an urge to smell something before going to bed - so I put a fragrance on my hands to try it out. Recently I made a natural Jasmine perfume with Vanilla and Clary Sage ets... and I put in on my body before I go to sleep together with some naturally scented Jasmine creme with Jasmine, Lavender and Chamomille. A kind of calming down ritual.

Curiousto try Amber scents for this purpose.
    Anais Nin: "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"
    Link to my perfumery blog: http://aromax-on-line.blogspot.com/

no I dont, my shower gel is nuff for me, Im still young I dont sleep with girl every night so for myself I dont put any frag before sleeping
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

AromiErotici

Yes I do.....and I just choose one randomly; usually one I haven't worn in awhile. I like smelling something nice when drifting off.

Only if I'm testing something new and like it, or if I've just found something new I'm enamored with. Most of my favorite scents are discontinued and/or hard to get, so I have to ration them very carefully and can't afford to wear them regularly just to sleep with
    Last edited by diavoletto; 12th September 2008 at 10:01 AM.
    I'll ask the gardeners what they call / the many flowers, so that in the small crocks /
    of their lovely proper names I can bring back / remnants of the hundred fragrances.
    - Rilke, Requiem for a Friend

Always! My bedtime is for testing something new or re-visiting scent that hasn't been used recently. Otherwise, I just use scented body lotion. I seldom go to bed with just clean-soapy smell!