Code of Conduct

Default Pick The Member's SOTD/SOTE Layering/Blend!

Inspired by Ron199's thread - "Pick the member's SOTD", this one is a variation of it.

I believe we are all at heart amateur(and some of us are professional) perfumeurs......and here is your chance to be the perfumeur for a day by creating a concoction for the next basenotes member. Look at the previous poster's Wardrobe and suggest a layering combo or blend that they should try. I think this one is going to be quite interesting because it gives everyone a chance to explore ideas on new smells and new combination of scents. Those that wear it, should come back and tell us all how it went and if the concoction was as fun, crazy, interesting as it sounded on paper. We want to know the results - how did you like it, how it developed and how others reacted to it.

P.S please everyone try to give sound advice to mix layer scents that you actually think would work together for that person. And if you can suggest the direct amount of each fragrance that the poster should utilize.

so everyone.....lets make it happen.
    Last edited by acceptfacts; 4th September 2008 at 06:22 PM.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Default Re: Pick The Member's SOTD/SOTE Layering/Blend!

This sounds like fun! Once I accidentally layered Obsession for Men with Serge Lutens Cedre and it was wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    This sounds like fun! Once I accidentally layered Obsession for Men with Serge Lutens Cedre and it was wonderful.
    this is an interesting mix i'd recommend you wear tomorrow....

NR for HIM(66%) and Rochas(34%)......spicyness and sweetness combined...let me know the results!!
    Last edited by acceptfacts; 4th September 2008 at 06:20 PM.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

Acceptfacts, what a creative and wonderful idea! I love it!

For you, can I suggest a cocktail of Armani Attitude as a base with a little Virgin Island Water on top? My idea here is a kind of ďCuba LibreĒ cocktail effect of rum, cola, spice, lime, and a little coconut for a touch of the exotic. I would go with three sprays of Armani Attitude first (Iím not gonna tell you where, Iím not going there!) and then three sprays of VIW.

Iím with ya here in NYC, and with this heat, I think this combo should work!
    Lemme know!

Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    Inspired by Ron199's thread - "Pick the next member's SOTD", this one is a variation of it.

I believe we are all at heart amateur(and some of us are professional) perfumeurs......and here is your chance to be the perfumeur for a day by creating a concoction for the next basenotes member. Look at the next poster's Wardrobe and suggest a layering combo or blend that they should try. I think this one is going to be quite interesting because it gives everyone a chance to explore ideas on new smells and new combination of scents. Those that wear it, should come back and tell us all how it went and if the concoction was as fun, crazy, interesting as it sounded on paper. We want to know the results - how did you like it, how it developed and how others reacted to it.

P.S please everyone try to give sound advice to mix layer scents that you actually think would work together for that person. And if you can suggest the direct amount of each fragrance that the poster should utilize.

so everyone.....lets make it happen.
    Acceptfacts, I recommend you take your Allure Homme Edition Blanche and layer it with your Gucci Envy to give Envy (that to me sometimes lack a certain spark) a bit of a lift. Hope it works!

Quote Originally Posted by arlecchino View Post
    Acceptfacts, what a creative and wonderful idea! I love it!

For you, can I suggest a cocktail of Armani Attitude as a base with a little Virgin Island Water on top? My idea here is a kind of ďCuba LibreĒ cocktail effect of rum, cola, spice, lime, and a little coconut for a touch of the exotic. I would go with three sprays of Armani Attitude first (Iím not gonna tell you where, Iím not going there!) and then three sprays of VIW.

Iím with ya here in NYC, and with this heat, I think this combo should work!
    Lemme know!
    wow...sounds like a plan...thats going to be my Scent for the first half of the day.......that sounds just about right.......i've been wanted to add VIW to something to add the lime and coconut effect.

for you, how about Guerlain Vetiver with Ungaro III.......i'd say heavy on ungaro III and only 1-2 sprays of vetiver......i always imagined Ungaro III to smell so much better with classy vetiver undertone.

Quote Originally Posted by renperd View Post
    Acceptfacts, I recommend you take your Allure Homme Edition Blanche and layer it with your Gucci Envy to give Envy (that to me sometimes lack a certain spark) a bit of a lift. Hope it works!
    renperd...your wardrobe i am very familiar with(as i have owned or tried 96% of it).....i have three recommendations.....take whichever one you like or try all three if you want....

Escada Magnetism and Live Jazz.....I'd spray more magnetism with just 2 elbow sprays of live jazz....liven up that vanilla coke with a lemon mint edge.....youthful, edgy and fun/

Platinum Egosite and Polo Double Black -- i really think this will be a great casual mix.....to me platinum egoiste always missed a little fruit edge and slight woodyness of double black goes perfect with the mango note over the top....2 sprays of PE and 3 sprays of DB.

and last -- this one might be a stretch......Vanilla powerbomb of Gaultier 2 and spicy freshness of everlas 1910....i'd say 1-2 sprays of gaultier 2 and 4 sprays of everlast 1910....that should calm the sweetness down to a better pitch.

*gulp* - challenging stuff....I'm going to give the Everlast - Gaultier≤ a go - you may just be onto something there with Gaultier≤ being so very vanilla and linear.

Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    for you, how about Guerlain Vetiver with Ungaro III.......i'd say heavy on ungaro III and only 1-2 sprays of vetiver......i always imagined Ungaro III to smell so much better with classy vetiver undertone.
    I like the sound of that!

I'll report back in SOTD tomorrow....

I like the sound of that!

I'll report back in SOTD tomorrow....
    well....SOTD is there when you put it on...you should put the "end of day" results in this thread so we all know what happened....because i dont always look through SOTD thread(and i'm sure it doesnt only apply to me)

I couldn't resist putting on Rochas Man and trying the layering you suggested acceptfacts. I came from work, took a shower and layered two parts NR for Him with one part Rochas Man.

Rochas Man dominated. I don't think I even put that much on. I smelled the blend at first but it was so brief. I got nothing but the vanilla/chocolate/coffee accord Rochas Man is.

Halfway through, NR came and said "my turn". It's sinister violet leaf waftiong through the hole of a vanilla. The chocolate/coffee was gone and I got a strange transparent vanilla violet. This is still going on. Though now it's is turning into chocolate again but no coffee. Chocolate and herbs. Wow. It's almost patchouli like except... sweeter.

A very unique blend! Did not smell disgusting or terrible AT ALL. Loved it.
    Last edited by SirSlarty; 5th September 2008 at 02:48 AM.

Well, I have to say my wearing of Ungaro III and Guerlain Vetiver yesterday was really nice! This is a good combo acceptfacts! The base of GV blends pretty seamlessly into UIII I found, and the top gives UIII a nice fresh sparkle. I would do this again in warm weather, maybe with a little less Ungaro next time, it did take over a little bit.

Well, I have to say my wearing of Ungaro III and Guerlain Vetiver yesterday was really nice! This is a good combo acceptfacts! The base of GV blends pretty seamlessly into UIII I found, and the top gives UIII a nice fresh sparkle. I would do this again in warm weather, maybe with a little less Ungaro next time, it did take over a little bit.
    i'm glad to see you liked it.....so how about Feraggamo and gucci Rush....50/50%

That combo sounds good too...CEDAR POWER!
    I think I'll wait for brisker weather though, Rush sits nice and light on me but Ferragamo in this humidity can be too much.