Code of Conduct

Thread: Floral Aquatic?

Default Floral Aquatic?

Is Laila considered a floral aquatic? I wound up buying a bottle of that, since it sits well on my skin (a lot of things turn pure sickeningly sweet on me). I also bought a bottle of Bulgari Omnia Crystaline because it too sits nicely.

Does anyone who knows these two fragrances know of any others I should try? I am looking for things that will not turn sickening on me... things like Flowerbomb and Hanae Mori do just that.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Floral Aquatic?

You need to try Ecume de Rose by Parfums de Rosine. Roses and sea salt spray. Sounds gross, but it works. Like a rosebush that is growing next to the ocean.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Thank you for the recommendation. I ordered the Rosine sample set. Hopefully I like at least one of them.

Basenotes Institution

Good luck - post your comments on them, when you've given them full wearings.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Nope, Laila has watermelon as watermelon, not as an aquatic, cucumbery note.
    I actually consider Laila to be one of my favorite fruity florals. And I'm picky about fruity florals.

Ok, so Laila is a fruity floral. Omnia Crystalline is a Floral Aquatic. And the other one that someone gave me and is inoffensive on my skin (very non-descript) which is Armani Mania and that one is Floral-Woody Musk. I was hoping to find a commonality between them to help narrow what I like, but I guess that will not work, lol.

My Rosine samples arrived. I will let you know what I think once I try them! I am so excited!

Mamamia, do let us know! I love Ecume de Rose, Poussiere de Rose and Rosa Flamenca.

I can say that I am sniffing the package (it came all wrapped in tissue paper) and it smells so sweet and if I was not already wearing perfume, I would be trying one now! The scent of the package as a whole really reminds me of something... but I cannot place it. Have you ever had a scent jog a memory, but it does not fully surface? You know it, you know that it means something, but you just cannot drag it all the way into focus? Or maybe that just sounds bizarre and I am the only one?