Code of Conduct
    AromiErotici

Default Frapin 1270 or Amouge Jubilation XXV

I'm intrigued by the reviews. I'm thinking of purchasing something a little different soon and I keep coming back to these two.

What do you think of these 2 frags?

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Frapin 1270 or Amouge Jubilation XXV

I'm sorry to tell you but it may be a moot point.
    Frapin no longer is making/distributing 1270. See updated & corrected info below.

Let me explain why I mention this: although you may be able to find some 1270, why fall in love with something you know will be difficult to find in the long term?

You can't go wrong with the Jubilation & it's available.
    Last edited by RHM; 5th September 2008 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Corrected a mistake
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Jubilation XXV is one of the best fragrances I've ever smelled...no exaggeration.

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    Frapin no longer is making/distributing 1270.
    1270 still appears on the frapin.fr website.
    --------------------------------------
    Added for clarity:
    A link to the fragrance appears in Frapin's News category.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 5th September 2008 at 03:37 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    I'm sorry to tell you but it may be a moot point.
    Frapin no longer is making/distributing 1270.

Let me explain why I mention this: although you may be able to find some 1270, why fall in love with something you know will be difficult to find in the long term?

You can't go wrong with the Jubilation & it's available.
    I understand your reasoning pertaining to 1270. If I did purchase it and liked it alot, I would hunt it down like a rabid dog when I wanted a refill. However, I haven't come across a frag I love that much....yet.....

Maybe I should go the sample route on these 2 frags like all the intelligent people on this board seem to do.

Basenotes Plus

Wait a minute!

I spoke too soon!

TwoRoads, thank you for the information. I have emailed Frapin directly & will post a response here, should I receive a reply.

However, it looks like Frapin 1270 is being reissued in the new packaging. I had been told (when I bought the last bottle in stock at Aedes) that it was "no longer being manufactured". This was more than a year ago. My sister fell in love with 1270 & I tracked a bottle down for her birthday.

Now...if you go to Luckyscent's website......you can preorder it.
    Wonder if the juice is the same as what was in the circular bottle?
    If the photo is true to life, it looks a lot lighter in color to me.
    Last edited by RHM; 5th September 2008 at 03:48 PM.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Please report back with your thoughts on these. I tried smelling Jubilation from the bottle but couldn't smell anything more at that point.

Jubilation XXV is one of the best fragrances I've ever smelled...no exaggeration.
    Agreed. This scent is sweet, masculaine, clean, and sexy all rolled into one, perfection in a bottle. Amouage's Dia is also really nice too.
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 5th September 2008 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    Same here. It touched me so deeply and immediately that I knew I had to have it. No, I knew it already had me.

It's so special to me that I have refrained from mentioning it much on the forum. It's almost like it's so... private to me that I jealously guard it and don't want to lose any of that magic by talking about it. LOL, it's the only fragrance that has done THAT to me before. Sheesh.

I shall now go back to a position of reverent silence on this matter.
    For swap/sale: Dior Leather Oud, Pure Malt, Floris Vetiver, Vintage Tiffany, Charriol Royal Leather, Dior Homme; Dior Homme Intense, Chanel PMC, M7 gel, Roma (women's), Spicebomb, Trussardi Uomo, Obsession, others...
    http://tiny.cc/rd8ptw
    (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/a7qoley
    (sales)

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by ebear View Post
    Same here. It touched me so deeply and immediately that I knew I had to have it. No, I knew it already had me.

It's so special to me that I have refrained from mentioning it much on the forum. It's almost like it's so... private to me that I jealously guard it and don't want to lose any of that magic by talking about it. LOL, it's the only fragrance that has done THAT to me before. Sheesh.

I shall now go back to a position of reverent silence on this matter.
    The cat is now outa da bag grasshoppa.
    You're going to make me buy this now with a review like that.

Basenotes Institution

I love Jubilation XXV.

I have about one application left in my decant, and I'm saving it for a special occasion.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I havent tried the Frapin, but Jubiliation makes me jubilate.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Obviously I'm not saying the following are the SAME or even that similar, but I'm curious if anyone else has drawn a mental connection between Jubilation XXV (definitely a more complex, rich, and opulent fragrance) and Jo Malone's Pomegranate Noir... there's something about the fruity prickly incense in both that recall each other in my mind. Just curious The first time I tried Jubilation XXV it was killing me... "this REMINDS me of something!" I later sprayed on Pom Noir and realized this was the fragrance that I had in mind. I love the way when I breathe warm air on Jubilation XXV I get this huge waft of blackberry, like blackberry jam... it's a really great fragrance.

AromiErotici, did you realize in the LuckyScent description of Jubilation XXV that they suggest that fans of Frapin 1270 try Jubilation XXV? Is that what inspired you to consider them together? Just curious
    Last edited by nthny; 7th September 2008 at 02:33 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by nthny View Post
    Obviously I'm not saying the following are the SAME or even that similar, but I'm curious if anyone else has drawn a mental connection between Jubilation XXV (definitely a more complex, rich, and opulent fragrance) and Jo Malone's Pomegranate Noir... there's something about the fruity prickly incense in both that recall each other in my mind. Just curious The first time I tried Jubilation XXV it was killing me... "this REMINDS me of something!" I later sprayed on Pom Noir and realized this was the fragrance that I had in mind.
    I don't see the connection at all.

PN is much more boozy/plummy red port wine oriented with that fizzy, medicinal (menthol?) background.

JXXV is spicy incense, resins, no booze, no menthol, smoke and dry frankincense. JXVV is closer to Envy for Men or Gucci Pour Homme by Gucci. But way better. But, like PN? No not to my nose.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 7th September 2008 at 02:33 AM.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Yeah, I didn't think so... I felt a little silly asking honestly... they are both so different... I was just throwing it out there... I only feel that little sensation right at the beginning.. I retract my question... let's move on... hehehe... interestingly though, LuckyScent's description mentions this fruity/boozy sensation...
    Last edited by nthny; 7th September 2008 at 02:41 AM.

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by nthny View Post
    Obviously I'm not saying the following are the SAME or even that similar, but I'm curious if anyone else has drawn a mental connection between Jubilation XXV (definitely a more complex, rich, and opulent fragrance) and Jo Malone's Pomegranate Noir... there's something about the fruity prickly incense in both that recall each other in my mind. Just curious The first time I tried Jubilation XXV it was killing me... "this REMINDS me of something!" I later sprayed on Pom Noir and realized this was the fragrance that I had in mind. I love the way when I breathe warm air on Jubilation XXV I get this huge waft of blackberry, like blackberry jam... it's a really great fragrance.

AromiErotici, did you realize in the LuckyScent description of Jubilation XXV that they suggest that fans of Frapin 1270 try Jubilation XXV? Is that what inspired you to consider them together? Just curious
    Yes......LuckyScents steered me to Frapin 1270 and after looking awhile, both frags intrigue me. I'm in the process of acquiring a sample of Jubilation.