Code of Conduct

Default YSL's Opium pour Femme EDT and Cartier's Santos EDT

What's your take on these two, camarades? I'm about to exhaust my vintage bottle of Santos, and it's not easily accessible in this city, so I've been toying with the idea of buying Opium pour Femme as a substitute. I seem to recall that they were birds of a feather, especially in the drydown.

Default Re: YSL's Opium pour Femme EDT and Cartier's Santos EDT

I can't comment on similarities (as I don't know Santos very well), but from the reviews I've read those scents seem sufficiently different. Santos - especially the vintage formulation, the one you gladly seem to own - comes across as an "epitome" of masculinity; whereas Opium (1977), being wearable by a man, retains its (at best!) "unisex" aura. And consider that, if you find their drydowns similar, there's a long way to reach Opium's!

But then: When did you use Santos, renperd? If it was a "special occasion only" scent, Opium might not be so far away...

Default Re: YSL's Opium pour Femme EDT and Cartier's Santos EDT

Hi DesGrieux, thanks for your input. I tend to use Santos as an evening perfume since it's on the heavy side with loads of spice coming through on my skin. It ends on a really cosy note, quite sweet and that's what I hope Opium pour Femme would do too. Santos might have less sillage than Opium, I suspect. I see Turin calls Opium pour Femme the 'spice king'. Sounds yummy.