Code of Conduct

Default Hermessence Poivre Samarcande

Has anyone tested Hermessence Poivre Samarcande? If so, what did you think.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

JonB

Default Re: Hermessence Poivre Samarcande

I have one of the travel-size bottles. I like it, but it's very minimalist. You get a very realistic but light black pepper note and not much else. Subtle but interesting. I can't imagine it sells all that well, but that's just my personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    I have one of the travel-size bottles. I like it, but it's very minimalist. You get a very realistic but light black pepper note and not much else. Subtle but interesting. I can't imagine it sells all that well, but that's just my personal opinion.
    I agree. I think that Terre d'Hermes smells like a "fleshed out" and more composed version of Poivre Samarcande. The Hermessence line is good, but I don't find much occasion to wear them. I bought the collection when they were selling all of the travel sizes together when they launched them.

Poivre Samarcande is one of my favorites. Wore it today as a matter of fact. I have two of the travel size bottles as well as one of the 100ml bottles. Poivre Samarcande's subtlety belies its complexity. I find it both relaxing and stimulating. Quiet and mysterious, I feel as if it's whispering different things to me as I wear it. If I could touch the sensation in my mind's eye, I would expect to feel freshly sanded cedar, dried peppers, and silky warm skin.
    Last edited by Sloan; 6th September 2008 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sloan_8013 View Post
    Poivre Samarcande is one of my favorites. Wore it today as a matter of fact. I have two of the travel size bottles as well as one of the 100ml bottles. Poivre Samarcande's subtlety belies its complexity. I find it both relaxing and stimulating. Quiet and mysterious, I feel as if it's whispering different things to me as I wear it. If I could touch the sensation in my mind's eye, I would expect to feel freshly sanded cedar, dried peppers, and silky warm skin.
    Interesting... I'm going to have to give it another try one of these days. The problem I've found is that it requires a healthy application for it to last long enough to really analyze it.

On my sale thread (link below) I believe I listed a 4ml 'factory' sample if anyone wants to trade.

Basenotes Institution

One of the 'sleepers' in the Hermessence line, in my opinion. Really love it. The white pepper note has never been done more realistically (or comfortably). I find that it does require a strong application, to get it to stick, but once it sticks it lasts all day on my skin.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 6th September 2008 at 05:34 AM.
    "Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance."

-- Eckhart Tolle