Code of Conduct

Exclamation Wild Rumor Of the Day: Lauder to sell Aramis/Designer Fragrances to P&G?

Well, I heard a juicy rumor from someone at Macy's yesterday that will have us all "Tide" up: Estee Lauder is going to sell the Aramis/Designer Fragrances division to P&G Prestige Beaute, and the transition will take place in December. (This also includes Donna Karan, Michael Kors, Tommy Hilfiger, and the like).

I don't know how credible this rumor is, as I haven't seen anything on the Web on either the Estee Lauder Companies or Procter & Gamble websites about this, but she said that she heard this from a P&G Prestige Beaute rep... so take this one with a dump truck of salt. Still, if this is true (which I don't think it is), get ready for a massive product rationalization of the Aramis line (read: kiss your Aramis 900, Devin, and half the Aramis Classic ancillary products goodbye)...
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Default Re: Wild Rumor Of the Day: Lauder to sell Aramis/Designer Fragrances to P&G?

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
    Well, I heard a juicy rumor from someone at Macy's yesterday that will have us all "Tide" up: Estee Lauder is going to sell the Aramis/Designer Fragrances division to P&G Prestige Beaute, and the transition will take place in December. (This also includes Donna Karan, Michael Kors, Tommy Hilfiger, and the like).

I don't know how credible this rumor is, as I haven't seen anything on the Web on either the Estee Lauder Companies or Procter & Gamble websites about this, but she said that she heard this from a P&G Prestige Beaute rep... so take this one with a dump truck of salt. Still, if this is true (which I don't think it is), get ready for a massive product rationalization of the Aramis line (read: kiss your Aramis 900, Devin, and half the Aramis Classic ancillary products goodbye)...
    Historically, Estee Lauder seem to buy a lot but don't sell much. Off the top of my head in the last 20 years they have bought/invented at least 20 or so brands, and sold a handful (stila, jane, kate spade).

If I hear anything I'll be sure to let you know

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Wild Rumor Of the Day: Lauder to sell Aramis/Designer Fragrances to P&G?

Interesting. I'll see if I can stir up any rumours on my side, with my Lauder 'connections'.

Blog Entries

can't imagine that happening, since Lauder STARTED Aramis back in the 60s. Like someone else said, Lauder generally hangs on to what they have...especially if they started it.

I just recently came across this very disturbing thread. Has anyone heard anything more up to date about this rumor? I have come to a new-found appreciation for so many of the Aramis fragrances--especially Tuscany and 900. And of course, I'd love them to bring back Havana.