Code of Conduct

Default What you eat affects How you Smell

OK, OK, I know this is kind of a controversial topic. But I do believe it is an interesting issue. Don't be afraid to talk about it, because it is not about race, but about eating habits.

For quite some time, I have wondered how our eating habits can affect the way we smell. I noticed that my urine smells like tuna when I eat a tuna salad. And when I was in college, I had two classmates who were from Peru and both of them smelled distinctively like pepper. I asked them if they liked to eat spicy food and they confirmed it. Also, a few years later, I met a guy from India who smelled like curry or some other blend of spices. And I don't believe their smell was coming from a fragrance. It was a natural smell coming from their bodies. They simply smelled like what they used to eat!

So, I concluded that what you eat can actually affect how you smell! You really are what you eat.

I think that a person will probably be less stinky if he/she eats plenty of fruits and vegetables, and drink lots of water, because these kinds of food have subtle smells and the water will help "filter" the smells out of your body.

Do you folks agree with this? Have you ever had similar experiences?

Default Re: What you eat affects How you Smell

Could this perhaps have been posted in the Off Topic forum, as it does not relate directly to Mens Fragrance?

We need a buzzer or a gong on this board.

Yes, you're right. I forgot!

I've noticed that as well for years. You really think it's the food? I suppose that'd make sense. Maybe.

My question that's a bit different though that I thought you were asking: After I eat food, I often smell slightly like the food for a bit! Completely overwhelms any fragrance. What can I eat that won't do this? And what is a good cologne to wear if I know I'm going to be eating steak or burgers?

Definitely the food. Yes.
    Just don't eat a lot of garlic, curry, pepper or similar spices, and your natural smell won't be affected!

Quote Originally Posted by Mengels View Post
    I've noticed that as well for years. You really think it's the food? I suppose that'd make sense. Maybe.

My question that's a bit different though that I thought you were asking: After I eat food, I often smell slightly like the food for a bit! Completely overwhelms any fragrance. What can I eat that won't do this? And what is a good cologne to wear if I know I'm going to be eating steak or burgers?

Last edited by renperd; 6th September 2008 at 07:01 PM.

i notice my piss smells like coffee every time i drank coffee.

what a weird thread!

Post this thread elsewhere.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Ramps (wild Leeks) are a traditional spring eatin' dish in much of the Appalachian Mountain states. Frying in bacon grease or other cooking methods seem to have no effect on the potency of the stank that pours from pores (and breath) after indulging in these tasty delicacies. Kouros fears little but Kouros fears ramps.

I have heard stories of school children being sent home from school after eating ramps for dinner the night before, marriages broken, fistfights in close public places, dogs looking around guiltily and running away and breath/body odor of ramp indulgees that could fill in as commercial paint remover.

I tried a big 'ol pan fried mess of them in a small town restaurant in southern West Virginia years ago. Delicious! I had to burn my sheets, pillowcase, pj's and toothbrush the next day. The motel room still has a police tape blocking the door.
    Last edited by kbe; 6th September 2008 at 05:12 PM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

So was it the cheese you found so off-putting over here, Lucius?
    Last edited by narcus; 6th September 2008 at 05:22 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi Ŕ un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by LuciusVorenus View Post
    OK, OK, I know this is kind of a controversial topic. But I do believe it is an interesting issue. Don't be afraid to talk about it, because it is not about race, but about eating habits.

For quite some time, I have wondered how our eating habits can affect the way we smell. I noticed that my urine smells like tuna when I eat a tuna salad. And when I was in college, I had two classmates who were from Peru and both of them smelled distinctively like pepper. I asked them if they liked to eat spicy food and they confirmed it. Also, a few years later, I met a guy from India who smelled like curry or some other blend of spices. And I don't believe their smell was coming from a fragrance. It was a natural smell coming from their bodies. They simply smelled like what they used to eat!

So, I concluded that what you eat can actually affect how you smell! You really are what you eat.

I think that a person will probably be less stinky if he/she eats plenty of fruits and vegetables, and drink lots of water, because these kinds of food have subtle smells and the water will help "filter" the smells out of your body.

Do you folks agree with this? Have you ever had similar experiences?

That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

If I eat a lot of pu$$y do I smell like one?

No.

Only if you continually eat inordinately spicy food for a really really long time, your sweat tends to reek of spices for a SHORT period until your metabolism gets rid of the substance. Same for Coffee guzzlers. It's not pretty.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Fuh gaaaahhhhds sakes... this thread was a mistake from the outset... but really... its reached an all time low...

Quote Originally Posted by LuciusVorenus View Post
    Yes, controversial topic. Especially as presented. See below. Be afraid to talk about it this way.

For quite some time, I have wondered how our eating habits can affect the way we smell. I noticed that my urine smells like tuna when I eat a tuna salad.
    This is tasteless commentary. This drags down the forum. The forum does have a range of discussion abilities, and members know that a lot of things can be said here. A lot can be said here, and a lot is. LuciusVorenus's contemplation of his urine is said here. But this is awful commentary in polite company. It's too much information. It's tasteless. Worst in this example, it doesn't add anything essential to a question of "how do you think what you eat affect how your body smells?" We can get that question's idea without LuciusVorenus's tasteless look inside his pants. I've had personal message discussions with LuciusVorenus about this exact problem before.

I am offended by this comment. Members reading this now can look up to the complete original post and see what people and cultures LuciusVorenus is referring to, but in this line he suggests to us that a person will be less "stinky" if on a diet involving fruits, vegetables, and drinking lots of water. I'll let members judge for themselves LuciusVorenus's thoughts on nutrition, but the comment that we can all be less stinky if we eat the way LuciusVorenus suggests is offensive.

Aw, really, it's not so bad! Heck, slip of the tongue/keyboard fingers!

That might be your reaction. Sorry, I'm the moderator of this forum and when things are offensive in this way, however slight they may appear I must step in and take action. I am responsible to the broad membership of this international forum and I must take action when there is offensive commentary, and I do so in the interests of all of us. Sometimes we may disagree on what's offensive, and I'm sorry that we might disagree, but I must go with my gut on many things and I must call them as I see them.

I can and probably should quote the Basenotes rule on offensive commentary, bigoted commentary, and how that rule stipulates that I've got the prerogative to close, remove, delete the material. But I don't need to quote a rule when the principle is so clear.

I'm closing this thread because one look at the commentary brought because of the extraneous tastelessness shows what the original post does. I'm also closing it for the second reason, it's offensive pedantic directive about getting to be less stinky though LuciusVorenus's diet.

Anyone may of course PM me with concerns or questions.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.