Code of Conduct

Red face Birthday gift help please

Ladies:

I would very appreciative if one of you(or many) could please help figure out a nice frag to purchase my girlfriend...you lovely ladies have been a wonderful help in the past and i humbly beg your opinion once more.

I like varvatos for women but i was interested in doing some compare and contrast before i landed on that one in particular.

She loves body by victoria...anything else in your experience which might be similar.

Thank you in advance.

~nick
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

Default Re: Birthday gift help please

May I suggest Dolce & Gabbana Feminine or one of the Philosophy scents: Pure Grace, Amazing Grace, Inner Grace etc. They're all fresh clean scents and very easy to wear, I think anyway. If you want something a bit more 'perfumey' try Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle.

I've never tried Varvatos for women, but I do own Body by Victoria. I've enjoyed it very much in the past, but just haven't gotten around to wearing it lately (too many other fragrances). So I've just sprayed it on a paper strip to refresh my memory.

It's very crisp but has a slight "juiciness" to it. I would recommend D&G Light Blue which to my nose shares that same quality, but to an even greater degree. Lately, I am in love with the smell of Light Blue. Both fragrances are quite refreshing and uplifting. While you're at the D&G counter, give Sicily a try too. I haven't tested it on my skin yet, but sprayed on paper it shares some characteristics with Body. Another direction would be to try a pure citrus like Eau d'Hadrien.

I recently complimented a stranger on her fragrance, turns out it was DKNY Be Delicious - the green one - it was very fresh & lively! With autumn on our heels, may I also suggest Burberry Brit - the edp version, it is rich with a deep and lush vanilla.
    Last edited by ubuandibeme; 6th September 2008 at 10:01 PM.

Why not For Her, Rodrigo Rodriguez ?
    L'amour fait songer, vivre et croire. Il a, pour réchauffer le coeur, un rayon de plus que la gloire; et ce rayon, c'est le bonheur. (Victor HUGO)

Why not pick up 5 or ten samples of things from LuckyScent or Aedes and the promise to get a full bottle of the one of her choice? The both of you could test them out together and experience them, preferably over a nice bottle of wine and some chocolates, then she could decide which one she really loves.

All excellent suggestions...i appreciate the reply from each of you.

tmp00- that is a great idea! I might just have to steal that idea....very cool and romantic...i like it!
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron