Code of Conduct

Default Egoiste VS Platinum- Egoiste

Today i smelled the original Egoiste. I had almost forgotten how great tis one is! This one ia a muuuch better scent than its brother, the Platinum...
    For me, its a mistery why Chanel called this one for Platinum Egoiste.. Those two has nothing in coment! In my opinion, its almost a shame that the original Egoiste has to share its name with the Platinum..
    The original Egoiste is so good! A masterpiece that is timeless, and survives all the trends. Its almost as good as PM Concentree. Both of them are Elegant classy scents with hi quality. You have to pay for it, but its wourth the price!
    I would recomend Egoiste for modern "gentlemen" under age of 50, and PM Concentree for men whit taste, style and sight for quality, over the age of 30..
    And the Platinum version should newer been a carrier of the Egoiste signatur..

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Egoiste VS Platinum- Egoiste

Have you tried Egoiste Concentree? Even better then the original, IMO.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Have you tried Egoiste Concentree? Even better then the original, IMO.
    No, i`we never seen the concentree version here in Norway..

Ooh, me neither... concentrée, you say? That might be something I could dig since the original lacks just a little oomph for me.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Basenotes Institution

I recently fell under the spell of Egoiste myself. Right up there with Heritage, Habit Rouge, Vetiver and Terre de Hermes as a classic mens fragrance, IMO.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Egoiste. Original and Classic. Wealth and taste. Youthfull but gentlemanly. The crème de la crème
    PE. Quite 90s. a member of the Legacy of Eternity and many other Aromatic Fougeres. Though not the most original fragrance, Chanel manages to show quality and mastery.

we had a poll on this recently

You're absolutely right - they are two totally different scents. The "original" Egoiste is a reworking of the older Chanel Bois Des Iles which is now available again as an edt in the "les exclusifs" line in the bigger metropoli (or is it "ises"?). It would be interesting to know how Egoiste and the newer BDI compare.

Quote Originally Posted by scentsual View Post
    You're absolutely right - they are two totally different scents. The "original" Egoiste is a reworking of the older Chanel Bois Des Iles which is now available again as an edt in the "les exclusifs" line in the bigger metropoli (or is it "ises"?). It would be interesting to know how Egoiste and the newer BDI compare.
    The extrait version of Bois des Iles is available too, and it is definitely worth to sample.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I recently fell under the spell of Egoiste myself. Right up there with Heritage, Habit Rouge, Vetiver and Terre de Hermes as a classic mens fragrance, IMO.
    Agreed. I only sampled Egoiste once (after mlt's strong recommendations), but I knew almost instantly that this is one serious fragrance.

I sampled Platinum Egoiste and it was not nearly as impressive IMO.
    Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

Egoiste is a reworking (slight tweak) of Bois Noir. I havent tried Bois des Iles though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascella View Post
    The extrait version of Bois des Iles is available too, and it is definitely worth to sample.