Code of Conduct

Default Best fragrance to wear when cruising in a Ferrari F355 Spider Convertible?

As the weather turns colder and the leaves begin to change color (already) I am thinking about cruising in a sports car on a bright sunny day (say Ferrari F355 Spider Convertible in red with tan interior or black on black) and wondering what would my Basenotes brethren think the perfect fragrance would be for me, a 40 year old fit male ?

I live in the arctic cold in Canada but it is nice to dream

What are your suggestions for a spring / fall and summer fragrance ?

Default Re: Best fragrance to wear when cruising in a Ferrari F355 Spider Convertible?

Diverdown, my friend, don't dream with these cars....These cars are ideal for 40 y/o males who want to date young girls and compensate for the small size of their thumbs!

I guess the driver would wear something very modern and young, because he wants to feel like he is 18 y/o again.. Aqua di Gio, perhaps.
    Last edited by LuciusVorenus; 7th September 2008 at 10:27 PM.

Default Re: Best fragrance to wear when cruising in a Ferrari F355 Spider Convertible?

Dunhill '34. Pure class in a bottle.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Ferrari Passion. Love this stuff. It can be worn during every season.
    Last edited by Ronin; 7th September 2008 at 10:32 PM.

How about Daim blond? The peach and suede notes would go well with the smell of leather. Or perhaps a more masculine leather like Knize Ten?

It'd be great to take the car and go racing through the long and winding roads up in the Indian reservations in northern Wisconsin while wearing a generous amount of Yatagan. Heaven!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Basenotes Institution

Nostalgia by Santa Maria Novella, of course.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Haha.. I thought Ferrari made its fragrances just for that purpose!

Flashy car. I wont bet high on his good taste though (not that a Ferrari is a bad car).

He will not pick his cologne by himself. Waste an opportunity of telling someone you just got a Ferrari? Of course not! I'd say he is going to buy the first thing the young and pretty SA recommends.

She would recommend something expensive (you know, she will get a good commission) and fresh. She thinks the 40 yo is going through a mid life crisis.
    Aqua di Parma (if the SA has good taste and wants to match Italian brands)
    Marc Birley (No brainer).
    Creed MI (if she wants to make a good sale).
    Montale Soleil di Capri (if the SA is planning to go out with him).
    Musk Ravageur. If the SA is planning more than going out with him.
    Last edited by irish; 8th September 2008 at 01:53 AM.

Mustang for Men by Ford

Balafre by Lancome

Thanks for the great suggestions, keep them coming

I find it amazing what some people equate to a mid life crisis, lol.

I am sure most if not all men would love to have had a Ferrari or other sleek race car handed to them when they received their drivers license.

Unfortunately, most people of that young age do not have limitless wealth or are not born into privilege, and actually have to work their way in the world instead of having things handed to them.

For many it is in their 40's and 50's that careers become fully established, finances less constrained, children get older and more independent and time also becomes available.

The road of life is a journey worth driving to it's fullest

Quote Originally Posted by Diverdown View Post
    Thanks for the great suggestions, keep them coming

I find it amazing what some people equate to a mid life crisis, lol.
    Yes it is amazing!

But for me the scent would be Voleur de Roses, which is one of my purest cut-loose fragrances with no seriousness attached. The wind through my hair and stirring up the aroma from around my neck--it would make me look for the straight roads and the red line.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

You have to remember, there are actually two kinds of Ferrari guys: one who buys the car for its looks and potential in attracting the opposite sex; and the true car enthusiast who appreciates the racing heritage of the brand, the awesome performance, and the spectacular engine.

I'm definitely the latter of the two (though I am a few hundred thousand dollars from owning one). In fact, the whole reason I got into fragrances was the bottle of Ferrari #1 that I bought.

If you are one of the former, go with Kouros or something from the "What fragrance get's [sic] the most female complements" thread. If you are the latter, forgo the fragrance as you will be in sensory overload with the wind blowing through your hair, the feedback of the road coursing through the wheel, the awesome scenery whizzing by, and the intoxicating siren call of the glorious 40-valve V8 behind you singing in your ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffman View Post
    You have to remember, there are actually two kinds of Ferrari guys: one who buys the car for its looks and potential in attracting the opposite sex; and the true car enthusiast who appreciates the racing heritage of the brand, the awesome performance, and the spectacular engine.
    I would definitely belong to the latter.

I envision the open road, the deep throaty growl of the high performance engine, the sun on my face and the wind in my hair - accompanied by my beautiful wife, one of my kids or Rhodesian Ridgeback pup in the passenger seat

Anyone getting one for any other reason is just a poser

Quote Originally Posted by Diverdown View Post
    I would definitely belong to the latter.

I envision the open road, the deep throaty growl of the high performance engine, the sun on my face and the wind in my hair - accompanied by my beautiful wife, one of my kids or Rhodesian Ridgeback pup in the passenger seat

Anyone getting one for any other reason is just a poser
    Yes.

Gentlemen and ladies can we from now on give Diverdown the decent and proper due respect of his question and think about the clear delights he paints for us?

Thank you all readers.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffman View Post
    Haha. I'm the former but lack the resources for one myself.

Seems like I misjudged this thread! Apologies. (I do like Mustang for Men, though)

If it were me driving that Ferrari I would wear Ferarri Black or Ferarri Passion Unlimited. Seriously. They're the perfect youthful yet refined with a "wisdom" you only get with age. Albiet if you did get wisdom with age, woulkd you waste money on a Ferarri? Ah! I'm only 28 so what do I know?

Eventhough I was Joking with my answer, the scents I listed do fit a Ferrari 355 in my opinion.

MI and Birley are good niche and fresh scent from the 90s.
    Then with an italian reference Aqua di Parma and Soleil de Capri (Sun of Capri Italy, Ferrari convertible).
    And Musc Ravageur just because it is a very "Red" fragrance.

I also wanted to include Bulgari Black, but that would be too cheap for a Ferrari driver.
    Last edited by irish; 8th September 2008 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSlarty View Post
    Seems like I misjudged this thread! Apologies. (I do like Mustang for Men, though)

If it were me driving that Ferrari I would wear Ferarri Black or Ferarri Passion Unlimited. Seriously. They're the perfect youthful yet refined with a "wisdom" you only get with age. Albiet if you did get wisdom with age, woulkd you waste money on a Ferarri? Ah! I'm only 28 so what do I know?
    Yes! Ferrari Black and Ferrari Passion are some fine fragrances. I received Ferrari Passion as a gift from my uncle two years ago and love it ever since. I blindly bought Ferrari Black after wanting to experience another Ferrari fragrance and I am glad I did. I even went ahead and got Ferrari Racing as well because of my satisfaction with the Ferrari fragrances that I have tried.
    Last edited by Ronin; 8th September 2008 at 03:27 AM.

Cool Re: Best fragrance to wear when cruising in a Ferrari F355 Spider Convertible?

Interesting question

I just looked at your wardrobe, and there's answers right there.

If you want a scent that SHOUTS--as loud as a Ferrari-- you've got Platinum Egoiste.

If you want a scent that states you're decadent, a heartbreaker, and an Epicurean, Acier Aluminium.

If you just want to say: Look how much I enjoy life--go with your Havana.

( I saw Guerlian Vetiver, too but in freezing cold weather, it might not deliver the feeling of freedom )

Others you do not own:

Dunhill '34 ? --My first true love, Yes agreed, pure class ( I tend to associate it with vintage battleship grey Bentleys, rather than Ferraris, though.)

Perhaps a sophisticated bad boy leather scent?

I vote for a try at Miller Harris Cuir d' Oranger--

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post
    Interesting question

I just looked at your wardrobe, and there's answers right there.

If you want a scent that SHOUTS--as loud as a Ferrari-- you've got Platinum Egoiste.
    Mario
    Hey! that is a good one.

Bvlgari Black
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

Driving a Ferrari reminds me of Lt. Col. Frank Slade (Al Pacino) in "Scent of a Woman". :-)

I'd wear Fumerie Turque (Serge Lutens).

Alas, the melancholy of luxury...

Morning Star

Quote Originally Posted by DesGrieux View Post
    Driving a Ferrari reminds me of Lt. Col. Frank Slade (Al Pacino) in "Scent of a Woman". :-)
    I just had to look this up on YouTube ... here it is.
    By the way, it doesn't matter what fragrance you wear in that F355, since all you'll be thinking about is the sound of that engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    By the way, it doesn't matter what fragrance you wear in that F355, since all you'll be thinking about is the sound of that engine.
    HOO-AH!

...and agreed.

;-)

I think if you want to exude sexiness and sophistication in a car like that there is only one fragrance.

Brut.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

An Italian exotic car requires an exotic Italian fragrance. I recommend Nasomatto Duro. You'll smell like you're part of the car!