Code of Conduct

Default Finally tested Gucci Envy on skin and it turned

Into Opium Pour Homme............Nothing bad here just turned into a slightly lighter version of Opium Pour Homme and now I am beginning to wonder whether I should shell out the money for Envy or just go to the local TJ Maxx and snag a bottle of Opium so I need help here fellow basenoters convince me to get the Envy or the Opium? (Any other suggestions are welcome)

Default Re: Finally tested Gucci Envy on skin and it turned

Next time you get the chance to test, put Envy on one hand and Opium on the other.
    They're really not the same.
    Envy is an ambery oriental while Opium is a spicy oriental. Envy is also the fresher of the two.

That said, they're both more going out at night type scents, and you might not need both.
    Renato

I second Mr. Renato on this one. He is, in fact, correct so I will not elaborate.
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 9th September 2008 at 05:32 PM.

I agree too. They're not the same at all.. I dislike Envy though.

Envy is a must have I think for evening use and to quote fragrantica: top notes include mandarine, coriander, pepper, rosewood, ginger and lavender. The heart is composed of floral bouquet made of rose and jasmine, spiced up with some carnation and warm woody nuances of sandalwood and cedarwood.

Opium again according to fragrantica is a fresh oriental fragrance with fresh spicy and woodsy notes. Vanilla, followed by black currant and anis giving it unexpectedly sweet nuance. Galangal, ginger and pepper give it a passionate nuance. The base unites precious woods and Tolu balsam

They seem to have only ginger in common but I have both and just prefer Envy..

Question Re: Finally tested Gucci Envy on skin and it turned

Is anyone else getting a menthol accord with Envy? I've got it on my arm right now and I keep getting menthol from it. It's not disgusting or anything, but it's definitely there.

I prefer Envy so far.....Opium is too strong
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Opium edges out Envy for me but I like them both. I do see the similarity, I used to think of Envy as a softer Opium and bought it as such. The more familiar I got with Envy, I realized how different they really are. Interesting that it turned into Opium on you. I'd say get them both, but I'd start with the Opium since that's what your body seems to want.
    Last edited by argogos; 10th September 2008 at 05:49 AM.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaheen View Post
    Is anyone else getting a menthol accord with Envy? I've got it on my arm right now and I keep getting menthol from it. It's not disgusting or anything, but it's definitely there.
    Could it be the Rosewood, it has a sharp accord?

I dont care as long as u get Envy =]
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Morning Star

Quote Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post
    Into Opium Pour Homme............Nothing bad here just turned into a slightly lighter version of Opium Pour Homme and now I am beginning to wonder whether I should shell out the money for Envy or just go to the local TJ Maxx and snag a bottle of Opium so I need help here fellow basenoters convince me to get the Envy or the Opium? (Any other suggestions are welcome)
    I'm not sure where you live, but a 50 ml bottle of Gucci Envy For Men should be obtainable for less than $30 at many decent drugstores (e.g. CVS, Longs, RiteAid, etc). There's no need to pay the higher retail prices you see at Sephora and other higher end shops. I think it's one of the best deals on a high-quality fragrance available. By the way, the Envy box is one of the few fragrance boxes which expose the liquid to light. If you buy it, you might want to store it in another box or in a closed cabinet or refrigerator.

I haven't been in CVS or Rite Aid in forever...........Last time I checked my CVS didn't have but there is another CVS I haven't been in, matter of fact the only place I have seen that has Gucci Envy in stock is Kohl's (they no longer carry it) and the places like Perfumemania..............The Rite Aid went out of business but there is one not to far from me. Wanted to throw this in so everyone can get a laugh my local Fred's (yeah I said Fred's) has a few fragrances mostly Elizabeth Taylor, Curve, Drakkar but......they have a few gift sets of Gucci Rush for $19.99.
    Last edited by tbp82; 10th September 2008 at 01:38 PM.