Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Default Hello Everyone - New here!

    I wanted to make my first formal greeting to everyone here at basenotes.net, this site is great! Although I've used fragrances and after shaves for over 30 years,I truly never knew much beyond recommendations from friends and acquaintances.

    My first fragrances were Old Spice and Jovan Musk many years ago, and since then I've tried different brands.

    My current favorites include:

    Floris - Vetiver
    Penhaligon's - Castile
    Marc Jacobs for Men
    The Art of Shaving Sandalwood

    Still waiting with baited breath for Penhaligon's LP no.9 to return, and discovering new fragrances with samples.

    So hello again to everyone!

  2. #2
    Dependent

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,224

    Default Re: Hello Everyone - New here!

    Quote Originally Posted by RubenC View Post
    Still waiting with baited breath for Penhaligon's LP no.9 to return, and discovering new fragrances with samples.

    So hello again to everyone!
    I think Dimitri has a war ration of Lp 9, you could check his collection out.

    that aside, what in mind have u narrowed down to sample next?
    curious to see what others are itching to get, esp when i see that the ones u mentioned, reflects great taste. Sampling is great, tho alot of us get impatient and impulsive and buy blindly esp when there is a sale online a the thousands of online frag sites.
    am slowly kicking that habit of mine. sales just get me all hyped up lol
    Last edited by MFJ; 10th September 2008 at 09:55 PM.

  3. #3


    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,359

    Default Re: Hello Everyone - New here!

    Hey RubenC, if you like sandalwood, I am a fan too, then you will absolutely LOVE Geo F. Trumper's Sandalwood fragrance called, quite simply, "sandalwood." It is woody and slightly sweet at the same time. I have tried a lot of samples over the past 8 weeks and that one really stuck out in my mind as being excellent. Also, if you pay Geo F. Trumper around $4.00 to cover shipping they will send you a large bag filled with goodies, including the "sandalwood," fragrance, shaving creams, pre-shaving gels, body food cream, and 6 sample scents. PM if you need details and I will guide you through it, as I do not want to hijack this thread.
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 10th September 2008 at 10:03 PM.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Hello Everyone - New here!

    Hi Ruben

    I'm pretty new to Basenotes as well.

    You have quite a distinguished taste for 'stripped down' frags - do you mix or layer them? I started to get into a habit of doing that - not always succesul but sometimes you get some interesting results. Best to use simple frags that keep the notes to a minimum.

    I hope they bring back Lp 9 as well - I didnt realise they'd witheld it till I read this thread
    Cheers and all the best..

  5. #5

    Default Re: Hello Everyone - New here!

    Rochas Man is a sweet/gourmand fragrance grounded in sandalwood.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Hello Everyone - New here!

    that aside, what in mind have u narrowed down to sample next?
    I would love to try Penhaligon's Elixir or Blenheim Bouquet, both are still not sampled.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Hello Everyone - New here!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAttorney View Post
    Hey RubenC, if you like sandalwood, I am a fan too, then you will absolutely LOVE Geo F. Trumper's Sandalwood fragrance called, quite simply, "sandalwood." It is woody and slightly sweet at the same time. I have tried a lot of samples over the past 8 weeks and that one really stuck out in my mind as being excellent. Also, if you pay Geo F. Trumper around $4.00 to cover shipping they will send you a large bag filled with goodies, including the "sandalwood," fragrance, shaving creams, pre-shaving gels, body food cream, and 6 sample scents. PM if you need details and I will guide you through it, as I do not want to hijack this thread.
    I have tried Trumper's Sandalwood, fortunately the good people at Badger and Blade referred me to Trumper's and samples were in the mail quickly. The Sandalwood Skin Food is very pleasant and soothing to the skin after a shave.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Hello Everyone - New here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimpee View Post
    Hi Ruben

    I'm pretty new to Basenotes as well.

    You have quite a distinguished taste for 'stripped down' frags - do you mix or layer them? I started to get into a habit of doing that - not always succesul but sometimes you get some interesting results. Best to use simple frags that keep the notes to a minimum.

    I hope they bring back Lp 9 as well - I didnt realise they'd witheld it till I read this thread
    Cheers and all the best..
    I haven't mixed purposely, but I am trying to pair my after shave balm (AOS Sandalwood) with my fragrances. As of right now I'm using Floris Vetiver, and so far according to my wife it works just fine.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Hello Everyone - New here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Rochas Man is a sweet/gourmand fragrance grounded in sandalwood.
    I will have to try that and compare to the AOS Sandalwood.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •