Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Thursday 11 September -08

Good morning!

I´m wearing Lolita Lempicka Midnight Fragrance today. (Picked by Chaelaran1008 - thanks!! )

Hope your day will be fine, everyone! :bounce:

I wish you a wonderful birthday, Lilybelle!!

Last edited by musse; 11th September 2008 at 07:32 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: SotD Thursday 11 September -08

Happy Birthday lilybelle!

Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Happy Birthday Lilybelle!

Cristelle
    by Chanel... our CEO is in town

Morning Star

Default Re: SotD Wednesday 10 September 2008

WEDNESDAY - SEPTEMBER 10, 2008
    Morning: Annick Goutal Duel (from a sample)
    Afternoon: Bulgari Aqua Pour Homme (from a sample)
    Evening: Profumum Thundra

Thumbs up Re: SotD Thursday 11 September -08

FRAPIN & CIE, CARAVELLE EPICÉE, from a large sample
    again Eric

Happy Birthday to Lilybelle! Enjoy your day.

This week's cakes have been fabulous. I'm feasting on a virtual cake party.

Today I'm continuing my tuberose run with the real deal - Fracas. I shall revel in this beauty all day, evening, and night.

I have no idea where you guys find these cakes but they are fantastic!
    Very happy birthday Lilybelle and a lovely day to everyone here at Basenotes.
    Hope there's some sunshine where you are, (even if just for a few minutes).

I'm in Creed's Virgin Island Water for my drive from Wales to Reims and then on home to Switzerland tomorrow. I promise to drive carefully.

Hugs
    x
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Vintage Gardenia Cologne - Jo Malone

Good morning everybody and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to yesterday's b.day kids and to Lilybelle on her day today I've been a good girl and handed in the assignment with the deadline at two o'clock already.To celebrate I'm in Musc Ravageur.

And since we have cake already, I'll bring the bubbly

Sotd is Hermès

Un Jardin sur le Nil

for another summery day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Happy Birthday, Lilybelle

There are beautiful cakes, there is bubbly, so let me bring you flowers and the animals that almost bear your name: Libelle in Dutch

Joining Ines in the scent she chose for me today: Musc Ravageur
    Perfect choice, my dear ScentSister
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Happy birthday Lilybelle, enjoy all the cakes the ladies here will bring you.

I´m wearing Datura Noir today, and I used plenty since I should get a full bottle soon.

Happy birthday Lilybelle!

Today I wore Vanille Extasy. Really liked it but it barely lasted at all. I'm surprised as I keep hearing about Montale's great lasting power. Maybe it's just the aouds.

Happy Birthday to lilybelle and many fragrant returns.

The new washer that we just got only a month ago and I used just twice, is "humming" according to Mr.T. This time, I told him, let the certified technician come, take a look at it and take it apart (if need be ONLY!). So a GE guy is coming today and I had to get up early, wash off that Zenadora from last night and wear something comforting -- Laurence Dumont Vanille Orientalle (at least it smells of cakes we all had a virtual pleasure to share this week!). Mr.T is upset about my not believing in his superpowers and still sleeping. But, but there is nothing wrong with the washer to my uneducated ear, OK? The way it was with the old one, OK? It does the job....

Make it a good day!
    Last edited by Twolf; 11th September 2008 at 11:22 PM.

Happy Birthday to Lillybelle!

SotD for me is Sacrebleu again
    Last edited by tdi; 11th September 2008 at 10:34 AM.

Happy Birthday to Lilybelle

Light Blue for the bright sunny day today.

Happy birthday, lillybelle!
    And Happy belated birthday, Lian and shadesofbleu!

Patchouli - Mazzolari, for me today.

Happy Birthday Lilybelle!!
    I wrote a little story about my continued misdaventures with baked goods.
    If it makes you smile on your birthday, consider it a gift.

It had been three weeks since my last visit to Candy Town. It felt more like three years.
    The toll of that summer night had given me a hangover into the fall. I was tired of waiting for the cookies to do something. I was tired of waiting to find out if I was too late. Most of all I was just tired of waiting.
    I made sure to wear something that would allow me to put them off their guard.
    As I approached the candy cane lined main drag of Candy Town the jawbreakers meant to keep my kind out rolled up on me. They were unfurling their licorice whips with an expectant air. Like they knew I was coming.
    The older gumball whose factory shine had been worn to a matte finish; you could see the years in the small cracks in his candy coating said, “You know you’re not wanted here. Not after last time.”
    I told him, “I’m back because of last time. Because you aren’t doing anything to help.”
    The old piece of candy just laughed with an edge of contempt and said, “Who are you to tell us what to do? You don’t have a speck of sugar in your body and that’s what it takes to make it here in Candy Town. You do smell like one of us. How is that possible?”
    I wasn’t going to give up my secret, Possets The Gingerbread Crackhouse was providing the distraction I needed. It was also my destination.
    I sneered at the senior gumball, “What’s wrong old man your sense of smell going?”
    Just then the younger jawbreaker flicked his licorice strand at my head. I caught the sticky rope and pulled sending him rolling into the street.
    His partner blocked my way and I knew he wouldn’t be so easy.
    I could feel my sense of control slipping. These damn cookies they keep themselves apart but I know one of them doesn’t want to be there.
    Just then my partner Sakecat22 grabbed my shoulder. “What are you doing here? Captain Osborne told you to stay out of Candy Town.”
    Just then I could see her. I caught a whiff of her raspberry bouquet. I yelled, “Linzer!”
    It was then the older jawbreaker caught me across the face with his licorice whip and I fell to the street.
    The Gingerbread Man showed up and looked at me shaking his head, “I never should’ve brought you down here. She would’ve never known what it was like. Now there isn’t anything to do but get rid of her and it’s all your fault.”
    I could see them boxing her up for sale somewhere out of my reach. I heard the moan starting deep in my body.
    GM looked at my partner and told her, “Get him out of here. Keep reminding him there’s nothing to come back to”
    Sakecat22 stood in front of me and grabbed me around my waist pushing me away from the sickeningly sweet sugar.
    She kept telling me, “Forget it Metro Man, its Candy Town.”
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Basenotes Plus

Happy birthday, Lilybelle!
    What lovely cake, champers and flower pics! Hope you'll have lots of these to open, too:

And a happy belated birthday to Lian, hope it was grand!
    Welcome to Jasper! Love your avatar.

Sotd is Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille. Have a great Thursday, all.
    Last edited by tdem1961; 11th September 2008 at 10:55 AM.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

happy is the bleu heart<3

Sending birthday wishes to Lilybelle

Thank you all again for helping to make my birthday special yesterday.

I'm joining ineespenes and Riannon in Musc Ravageur today ... great minds think alike!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Happy Birthday to Lilybelle~

I am wearing L'Heure Bleue parfum. A beautiful floral gourmand. I am stunned.
    Current favorites:

Jicky, Mitsouko, Shiseido Susuro,Or et Noir

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Happy BIrthday to Lilybelle!

Creed Himalaya as SotD
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIZ LILLLEEEEE.....
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO-O-O-O-O-O YOU-O-O-O-O-O-O!

(LIB...luvluvluv yer li'l' sniffin' nose!!)

SMM - we can't let you out of the house anymore. I fear for your safety! (Great narrative!!)

One of our new members kaye dawn offered me a happy choice on the "Pick my SotD" thread....so I elected the brisk, assertive

Paloma Picasso's MINOTAURE
    ...a refreshing change after all the vanilla I've been indulging in. (Twolf - that Vanille Orientale is to die for!) Bright hesperedic opening, light spices with a lavender cast and nice ambery drydown. Manly enuff for this woman!!! Many thanks KD...hope you keep comin' back!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Lilybelle ~ Happy Birthday! Wishing you cake, champagne, gifts, and good smells! (I'm not too crafty on this computer!) Enjoy YOUR day! I'll be celebrating, wearing Pleasures by EL in your honor!!!

I'm in Gap White Amber, as chosen by tang, which is perfect for the crisp fall morning here. Thanks, tang!

Congratulations Lilybelle!

Started with Guerlain VETIVER, now HABIT ROUGE
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    Happy Birthday Lilybelle!!
    I wrote a little story about my continued misdaventures with baked goods.
    If it makes you smile on your birthday, consider it a gift.

It had been three weeks since my last visit to Candy Town. It felt more like three years.
    The toll of that summer night had given me a hangover into the fall. I was tired of waiting for the cookies to do something. I was tired of waiting to find out if I was too late. Most of all I was just tired of waiting.
    I made sure to wear something that would allow me to put them off their guard.
    As I approached the candy cane lined main drag of Candy Town the jawbreakers meant to keep my kind out rolled up on me. They were unfurling their licorice whips with an expectant air. Like they knew I was coming.
    The older gumball whose factory shine had been worn to a matte finish; you could see the years in the small cracks in his candy coating said, “You know you’re not wanted here. Not after last time.”
    I told him, “I’m back because of last time. Because you aren’t doing anything to help.”
    The old piece of candy just laughed with an edge of contempt and said, “Who are you to tell us what to do? You don’t have a speck of sugar in your body and that’s what it takes to make it here in Candy Town. You do smell like one of us. How is that possible?”
    I wasn’t going to give up my secret, Possets The Gingerbread Crackhouse was providing the distraction I needed. It was also my destination.
    I sneered at the senior gumball, “What’s wrong old man your sense of smell going?”
    Just then the younger jawbreaker flicked his licorice strand at my head. I caught the sticky rope and pulled sending him rolling into the street.
    His partner blocked my way and I knew he wouldn’t be so easy.
    I could feel my sense of control slipping. These damn cookies they keep themselves apart but I know one of them doesn’t want to be there.
    Just then my partner Sakecat22 grabbed my shoulder. “What are you doing here? Captain Osborne told you to stay out of Candy Town.”
    Just then I could see her. I caught a whiff of her raspberry bouquet. I yelled, “Linzer!”
    It was then the older jawbreaker caught me across the face with his licorice whip and I fell to the street.
    The Gingerbread Man showed up and looked at me shaking his head, “I never should’ve brought you down here. She would’ve never known what it was like. Now there isn’t anything to do but get rid of her and it’s all your fault.”
    I could see them boxing her up for sale somewhere out of my reach. I heard the moan starting deep in my body.
    GM looked at my partner and told her, “Get him out of here. Keep reminding him there’s nothing to come back to”
    Sakecat22 stood in front of me and grabbed me around my waist pushing me away from the sickeningly sweet sugar.
    She kept telling me, “Forget it Metro Man, its Candy Town.”
    Dude - it was Strawberries. Possets Strawberry Heart to be exact. I had to at least smell sweet enough so they didn't go after me too.

Always have your back.

Love - ScentSis
    Last edited by sakecat22; 11th September 2008 at 12:01 PM.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Amouage Jubilation 25

Tarragon, lemon, ylang ylang, Rock rose, frankincense, davana, labdanum ciste, patchouli, amber, vetiver, musk, myrrh

To recuperate from the above escapades - Knize Ten for me today.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Sur la Plage

Givenchy Vetyver

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Apres L'ondee

JM Lime Blossom and JM Orange Blossom. I may add some lemon to proceedings later on today!

Holy Moly! Thank you so much for all the kind birthday wishes, with cakes and lilies, champagne, cards and presents. Even a story about one of my favorite places - Candyland! We've been having a great week here, we September babies. I've been watching the 9/11 memorials on TV, but this is much, much nicer.

Riannon, I didn't know that Libelle is the Dutch name for a dragonfly. They're one of my favorite magical creatures.

Great story SMM (but sorry that Candyland is not Friendlyland for you!).

I'm wearing Ava Luxe Neroli Blossom this morning, which seems very pure and has a calming effect.

I hope everyone is having a great day!
    Last edited by lilybelle; 11th September 2008 at 01:21 PM.

Happy Birthday, Lilybelle !
    Happy Belated, Lian !

I hope you are both Spoiled...!
    PIE to you !!!

Ambergris de Orient today- a lovely attar.
    At work, a crazy woman.
    MWAH !

Happy Birthday!!

It's Lann Ael this morning

Thanks tdem1961 and everyone for the warm welcome. You guys here are really a friendly bunch!

Wow, cake, champagne, prezzies... and smellies!!!

Have a happy day, lilybelle!

Hungover with the Chanels from late last night... so I will continue with them today... Bois des Iles EDT

I have only 60% of the 100ml bottle of the BdI left an 40% of the 100ml bottle of the CdR left. Is it time to splurge and hoard a couple of those honking 200ml bottles yet? Perhaps I should start saving to purchase it as a Christmas prezzie to myself. I've been so good and haven't purchased any bottles for almost 6 months now... hmmm???
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Many happy returns, Lilybelle!

I'm trialling Je Reviens today. I don't know if I'm just impatient, but so far it smells bloody terrible

Happy birthday to Lilybelle. People, those are some great-looking cakes!
    SMM, you should write film noir detective novels. You've got the knack.
    I'm in Coco again today. Didn't get enough of it yesterday. EDT purchase this time, much less aldehyde in the top, more peach immediately. More easily acceptable to the general public.
    *Runs to work.*

closed my eyes and picked one:

Narcissco Rodiriguez For Her
    "While the king is at his table, my perfume fills the air with its fragrance." SoS 1:12

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Thanks tdem1961 and everyone for the warm welcome. You guys here are really a friendly bunch!
    Aren't we something special though.

A fantastical birthday for you, Lilybelle.

I'm wearing Hové Camellia. I think of it as Victorian baby oil. So demure.

I'm curious to hear the rest of your story, Twolf. DH has opened up and repaired our washer and dryer enough times that I find their workings rather interesting.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Happy birthday, lilybelle! I hope it's filled with good company and good food!

I'm sampling Spirit of Water again today.

Happy birthday to my fellow glamorous grayhead, Lilybelle!

I am wearing Chanel No. 22!

Happy Birthday Lilybelle

Today is a
    Sweet Oriental Dream
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

SMM - you slay me.

I'm wearing Cinnabar this morning to warm up my heart while watching the memorial ceremonies of the 9/11 attacks.

This is a lovely break - scent is so immediately soothing and NOW.

Happy Birthday, lilybelle!! Enjoy!

SMM, sorry it didn't work out for you in Candy Town, but WOW! You're a toughie! I'm impressed!

Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia for me today, from a sample. Yowza! Now this is a flowerbomb. I feel slapped in the face by a biiig bunch of white flowers. Nothing wrong with that, but it was a little much at first and wasn't quite sure I liked it. Now I love it, even though I did get slightly headachey for a short time from the jasmine; but that's my own sad little problem - jasmine headaches.

Happy Birthday, Lilybelle! There are a lot of wonderful September babies around here.

I'm in my beloved EAU DE CARTIER today.

Basenotes Institution

Neroli Portofino by Tom Ford (2nd time from a sample)

"The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

tang let me choose between my two beloved Patchoulis and I went for Les Nereides Patchouli Antique. My wrist has been hovering around my nose for most of the day, I love this one so much. Thank you tang!

Oops! had to edit because I forgot to say - Happy Birthday Lilybelle!
    Last edited by chaelaran1008; 11th September 2008 at 06:01 PM.

Wearing Valentino V, suggested by Taolady. This is one that I fell in love with when I first joined Basenotes, and I'll be wearing it much more now that fall is here again. (I like how this one lingers in my car for a day after I've worn it.)

Happy birthday, lilybelle!
    Last edited by tang; 11th September 2008 at 05:46 PM. Reason: absent-minded
    Sniff and let sniff.

Happy happy birthday to Lilybelle! Wow, there really are a lot of September babies here.

SMM, you've done it again! I hope you'll be trying a Possets sample at least once a week. I need my fix of candy noir.

Dimples, I'll bet those 200 ml bottles have a beautifully commanding presence in one's collection.

SotD: I'll be trying Neil Morris Quest shortly, courtesy of kick-butt Officer SakeCat.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

R de Capucci

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Happy Birthday, Lilybelle! That is some story SMM came up with...

I had forgotten a sample I had bought a while back (it was in my travel case) of Armando Martinez' Pillow of Flowers. What a lovely beautiful scent this is. When you first spray you smell vanilla and incense which slowly become this big floral scent that manages to be soft at the same time. It's been quite a few hours and I still smell these beautiful flowers in a gorgeous crystal vase.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

PdN New York. Great frag!
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Happy Birthday Lilybelle!!!

I am wearing Bois d'Argent with a little bit of Hypnotic Poison (only on my wrists).
    Yummy!!!

Arwen

Every once in a while something comes over me and when I come to my senses I am holding yet another delivery from Demeter with a bunch of splashes to splash in.

Consequently tonight I've got Fig Leaves on one arm, Ginger on another and Kahala Hawaiian Surf in both inner arms.

I smell pretty good. For about half hour and then I have to do it all over again!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

OK, Ms.Q, the GE rep came (20 minutes later than the promised 8:00 am to noon), opened up the front panel and started playing with the switches. "All's normal" was his verdict. Mr.T's shy attempts to mumble that it was still humming were met with the strict reply of a professional: "You were not trying to wash a rug or a comforter or a pair of shoes, were you? Go to the laundromat for these purposes". We were not, I promise. Mr.T said "Yes Sir" and the guy said he would not charge us for a check up. Nothing exciting, really.

Wearing Tinker's Creed Fantasia de Fleurs tonight. Baked a batch of sugar cookies (you know how hard it is to find a recipe for drop cookies on the net, that are crunchy, not too sweet or too greasy, flat not puffy? ) added some poppy seeds to them. Now with 1/2 a gallon of milk the dinner is done for the whole family!

Burberry London For Men & I smell really f*ing good

Got my Chanel No. 22 from The Perfumed Court--hooray!

Needless to say, it's my SotE.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

SotE is Obsession. I love it. Had a great birthday day today. We decided to stay home, though, as it's a work day tomorrow for both of us. But there's still the weekend to celebrate. Thanks so much again for the all the Happy Birthday wishes. Basenoters are wonderful.