Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Your favorite character's scent

I am reading Don Quixote at the moment. I can't decide what sort of fragrance he would wear. It would have to be something manly and elegant, but with something a bit... off.

Time for another posting. OK, this guy is contemporary -- and timeless!
    Namely Ry Cooder, one of the greatest guitarists, period.
    Great scene in the movie "Paris, Texas"... the ruined face and figure of Harry Dean Stanton walking through the heat-shimmering desert, with rattlesnake tangy guitar licks as background music, supplied by Mr. Cooder.
    A haunting desert scent, mysterious and evocative: Ouazarzate by Comme des Garcons.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post
    And Mycroft?

I admit I'm still stumped at the greatest genius of all, Dr. Fu-Manchu. No less a figure than Alan Watts wrote that his interest in Oriental Philosophy came from reading these lurid novels as a child.
    While other boys dreamt of being cowboy heroes, he dreamt of being a Chinese Criminal Mastermind who possessed exquisitely carved jade boxes containing strange poisons inside . . .

Cheers,

Mario
    Well then , it has to be Opium, or Nasomato's 'China White'.

Here is a tribute to one of my favorite guys, someone influential on me as I was growing up. Graham Kerr, aka. the Galloping Gourmet. I don't know if that show ran in the USA, but it was broadcast in Canada. Everyday I would come home from school and watch it. He was one of earlier TV cooking personalities. I loved the fact that he was enthusiastic, funny, knew so much about food and wine, and that the women in the audience were charmed! I wanted to be that guy! Well, I'm working on all those things... but I sure enjoy cooking!
    And here's a suitable scent. Dior's Eau Sauvage was released in 1966, the first year of the TV show. Eau Sauvage is a lovely scent, cheery, suave, it has a really enjoyable quality for me.
    Cheers, Graham! and God bless.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Cool Re: Your favorite character's scent

Ten years ago in Carnegie Hall, the Buena Vista Social Club put on a memorable performance. This was a project put together by Ry Cooder that involved many Cuban musicians, who had not recorded for many years. Many albums came out of Cooder's initiative, and the music really caught the imagination of the North American audiences. I loved the initial studio album and played it many times. The concert was captured by the director Wim Wenders in a great documentary. Lively, heart-felt, suave and deeply passionate; truly inspirational and extremely moving.
    This year, the double CD set from that memorable concert was released, "Buena Vista Social Club at Carnegie Hall."
    In honor of that, here's a scent. I'm breaking my self-imposed rule of suggesting a scent I know, since I haven't tried this particular one. But it is so appropriate -- Habanera.

Cheers!
    odysseusm

George Bush - Brut 33
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.