Code of Conduct

Default I need you assistance ladies

My question is sort of vague and perhaps impossible to answer but here it goes. I have been talking with my sister about fragrances lately.
    Today she sent me an email and told me. If I could find a fragrance with the following notes it will be my dream fragrance.

No citric
    Simple and discrete.
    something that resemblance nature in its splendor.
    Something that will evoke the white color, a baby, a puppy, winter, ashes and wind

I know, I know.. it does not hurt trying. If you happen to identify a perfume with some of the above characteristics I would appreciate it.
    Many thanks!

Default Re: I need you assistance ladies

You arenīt mentioning any notes, but more what the perfume should evoke regarding emotion.

also it seems the feelings contradict each other a little bit, if I think of the smell of ashes and wind and winter, it should smell cold and wet maybe with a touch of ashes. The smell of a baby is completely different, usually sweet and warm.

Iīd recommend trying samples from the Demeter fragrance library and see what you like from there.
    There are plenty of perfumes that smell like babies, or winter, or ashes , but all in one might be a challenge.

It might be more helpful if you mention which perfumes your sister already owns.

L' eau d' Hiver?

Except for the ashes requirement - do ashes mean "dry" or "smokey"/incense to her?

I need to keep thinking on this one.

L'Eau d'Hiver came to my mind as well. It is definitely white and deceptively simple. No puppies or babies though.

L'eau d'Hiver was the first one I thought of too.
    Also Passage d'Enfer for winter, white ashes of incense, wind and cold, cold marble. Definitely no babies or puppies there!
    The color white, babies and puppies (pampered ones!) may be suggested by Lorenzo Villerosi's Teint De Neige in all its powdery glory.
    Lastly En Passant, simple, discrete, pure, might evoke everything you are looking for except ashes/winter.
    These are only my humble suggestions, others may well disagree. Do let us know the results of your search.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

You might ask your sister whether musk, powder, almond or vanilla would fit in with her sense of whiteness.

Chaelaran makes some good suggestions. I'll nominate Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum, Lea St. Barth, or I Profumi di Firenze Talco Delicato.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

L'eau d'Hiver also. It was my first thought. Not sure about the babies and puppies, but the emotion.

Sel de Vetiver maybe? Hehe, probably not due to grapefruit.

Maybe something from CDG's incense series or CDG white.

correction, SORRY.
    No wind no ashes. She meant "air", the calmed air you can feel in a forest.
    By ashes she wanted to describe the burning wood in a chimney, what is left after the flames, burning wood, pure warm.Perhaps she is trying to describe the smell of ashes left after a warm fire in a living room chimney.
    THANK YOU ALL

Quote Originally Posted by Basteri View Post
    My question is sort of vague and perhaps impossible to answer but here it goes. I have been talking with my sister about fragrances lately.
    Today she sent me an email and told me. If I could find a fragrance with the following notes it will be my dream fragrance.

No citric
    Simple and discrete.
    something that resemblance nature in its splendor.
    Something that will evoke the white color, a baby, a puppy, winter, ashes and wind

I know, I know.. it does not hurt trying. If you happen to identify a perfume with some of the above characteristics I would appreciate it.
    Many thanks!
    Pure Grace fits perfectly into most of that, until you get to the ashes part. I know you don't mean ashes now, because I read further...so then I'm thinking Ambre Sultan or Black Cashmere for the warmth you're wanting. I'm not sure all of what you're describing fits into one perfume (that I know of anyway!). I'm going to rely on the rest of the experts here for that. But for white colour, a baby, a puppy, winter and wind, Pure Grace works. For the burnt wood up the chimney after a fire, you're going to want something else. One perfume comes to mind, but it's no longer available. Monsoon. That has a woody warmth, stays close to the skin, is mysterious, and definitely not citric. Pure Grace does have an element of citrus in the opening notes, but that dies down very quickly.

God, what a conunudrum this one is!
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

I wonder if something with tea would work. Like Ormonde Jayne Champaca or Hermes Osmanthe Yunnan?

Another discreet and natural-smelling fragrance that comes to mind is Jo Malone Lotus Blossom & Water Lily.

All of these are quite lovely and make me think of white or pale colors.

Or TDC Osmanthus....

Good idea Haunani!