JPG - Fragile - was the first one
    Alex McQueen - Kingdom - what a smell
    Prada - Prada 2004
    Vera Wang - Vera Wang
    Stella McCartney - Stella
    Narciso Rodriguez For Her - btw Urban Retreats Rendezvous smells identical
    Gucci by Gucci
    Valentino - Rock n Rose

I'm lucky that she seems to enjoy the frags I get her and I do enjoy buying female frags - I did get her Jo Malones Pomegranate Noir but am ashamed to admit that I used it. She wont use it now as she says it now smells masculine to her.

Anyway its coming upto our 8th wedding anniversary and based upon my previous selections has anyone out there got any suggestions?
    Thanks

Default Re: Frags I got for my wife

What about:

Musc Ravageur from Frederic Malle's collection, a very raw, animalic musk if you like musk (Barney's has it)
    Nahema (Guerlain), a more sensual, dirtier rose than Stella, and a very sexy vampy fragrance (Anywhere there's a Guerlain counter)
    Must de Cartier original parfum (from the 80's), a rich sexy fragrance--very heady (Good department stores)

These aren't the newest out there, but they're excellent, IMHO.

Um. So, what do you think about taking your wife with to buy her a fragrance? I think blind buys are really romantic, though, I just wondered if she might like to come along for the fun and be able to chime in a little.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Gimpee, are there any more at home like you? I keep fishing for a son-in-law.

Oldie but sexy-goodie: Rochas Femme.

I haven't tried Agent Provocateur, but it might be worth sniffing out.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Have you tried any of these from Vivienne Westwood - Anglomania, Boudoir or Libertine?
    Also Gucci Rush for a (very) sweet musky drydown.

I like Quarry's suggestion of Agent Provocateur. Also adding Kenzo Flower Le Parfum (in the red bottle) if you can find it. I think it's a wonderful, lush, sexy fragrance.

You must add :

Parfumerie Generale Musc Maori

It makes me go in a good way everytime I smell it on a belle.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Perles de Lalique by Lalique is like a white cashmere sweater - smooth and soft!

Also Kenzo Amour Indian Holi, or regular Amour perhaps. Agree with Flower too. YSL Rive Gauche and Issey Miyake for Women might work, though they are a bit sweet on me.
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 12th September 2008 at 10:15 AM.

if you don't mind a touch of sweetness to your musk , I think my scent of the week, Vamp, by Ava Luxe would make a nice addition.

Rive Gauche is another one that comes to mind.

and I would second Musc Ravageur.

Vamp - ultra girly
    Rive Gauche - womanly goddess
    Musc Ravageur - edgy unisex
    Last edited by rtamara41; 12th September 2008 at 12:14 PM.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Quote Originally Posted by lushsoup View Post
    What about:
    Um. So, what do you think about taking your wife with to buy her a fragrance? I think blind buys are really romantic, though, I just wondered if she might like to come along for the fun and be able to chime in a little.
    Thanks for your suggestions. I do like to surprise her with my choices and she does like the surprise. I suppose I've been lucky so far that she does like the perfumes. We do go out together and try scents as she knows I'm a bit of a fuss pot.

You have gotten some good suggestions! In addition to Musc Maori, I suggest that you try other fragrances from Parfumerie Generale.

Other ideas:
    YSL Cinema
    Idole, by Lubin
    Black Cashmere, Donna Karan
    Ambre Sultan

enjoyed this thread, great suggestions.
    "While the king is at his table, my perfume fills the air with its fragrance." SoS 1:12

Wow! I might go sniff some of those suggestions above.
    And good luck, Gimpee, hope you fine the perfect scent for your wife.

Thanks to all of you, lots of great suggestions (its not made it any easier), but has given many choices to pursue.

Wow, Idole for a woman, now that is a great idea. I had some of that but it had low projection and longevity on me, but on my wife, wow, let me cuddle with her.

She likes Creed, and there is a great sale in Boston at beauty and main, and some scents were 40% off. I did get her a Tuberose Indiana, but her fav, Spring Flowers, was not on sale.

I love Coco Mademoisselle on ladies