Code of Conduct

Default Odori Cuoio smell like what other fragrance???

I RECOGNIZE THIS SCENT!!!! It's driving me bonkers but it smells a lot like another fragrance from a long time ago. It's driving me insane (more than I naturally am). Some non-niche scent is a LOT LOT LOT like this but I can't place a a finger on it.

It may be Cuiron, I'm digging out a sample to test. I don't like Cuiron after it dries down so I'll wait for Cuoio to drydown and see.

Cheers,
    Al
    Last edited by anak; 12th September 2008 at 03:57 AM.

Default Re: Odori Cuoio smell like what other fragrance???

Quote Originally Posted by anak View Post
    I RECOGNIZE THIS SCENT!!!! It's driving me bonkers but it smells a lot like another fragrance from a long time ago. It's driving me insane (more than I naturally am). Some non-niche scent is a LOT LOT LOT like this but I can't place a a finger on it.

It may be Cuiron, I'm digging out a sample to test. I don't like Cuiron after it dries down so I'll wait for Cuoio to drydown and see.

Cheers,
    Al

On my skin, I get a similarity to Messe de Minuit.

Regards,
    Steve

get knize 10 and use just a drop!

I was very impressed with Cuoio by Odori - it is definitely a bottleworthy fragrance for me although I can not afford it right now.

Cuoio has similarities to most fragrances that fall into the category of Spanish Leather. It smells like a combination of two fragrances: Elsha 1776 and Cuiron. Cuoio has a very warm and sweet opening with bits of orange, ginger and vetiver that mix with a birch tar/ patchouli leather. The opening reminds me of a 50 year old fragrance called Elsha 1776. This used to be very common fragrance sold in menswear shops back in the 1960's. Unlike Elsha 1776, Cuoio does not end in an amber/vanilla soft leather, but it retains a bit of the rough chypric leather note that reminds me of Cuiron. The leather in Cuoio stands up nicely to the spicey sweet opeining.

Cuoio is not as sweet a spanish leather as Elsha 1776, but it has more spice and is considerably sweeter and smoother than Cuiron. Cuoio is similar to both Cuiron and Elsha 1776 to me. Sort of a combination of good points of each one.

I gave it a brief try today.

Anyone get some, if vague, resemblance to Derby?

for swap/sale:

Reminds me a little of Cuir by Mona Di Orio especially in the dry down.

(3852)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Institution

D&G Pour Homme ?
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I'm a massive fan of this fragrance. I think that it doesn't stand out for any specific aspect but is *SO* nicely blended and timeless that has become a pillar in my wardrobe...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    D&G Pour Homme ?
    I haven't smelled D&G PH in a long time but Cuoio is giving my this subtle Cuiron/Derby effect.

The smoothness from Cuiron & that soapy/leathery facet of Derby.

I think for a while this was being suggested as the alternative to Cuiron. I wouldn't go as far as that to be frank.

But not because Cuoio isn't good. It's fantastic in its own right.

for swap/sale: