Code of Conduct

Default New fragrance for my older brother

who's kind of stuck in the 80s/90s scene. He's a muso, so whatever fragrance I buy has to be able to hold a sweaty kind of grungy style. Also, because I'm still a student I can't afford the designer frags that I'd like and as I live in a cultural wasteland it would have to be available online (yep, Ebay). Your advice and recommendations would really help me. Thanks heaps, Fran

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New fragrance for my older brother

Can anyone help out this down under member who needs something all-purpose reliable and easy to get online down there? Sounds like it can't be tested first and has to be bought blind and should be inexpensive.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Post Thanks / Like

KOUROS!!!
    or any of its variants (except for Body Kouros). It has the character of a pack of hungry wolves: Kneel and cry Armani, Boss and Lacoste. It is amazing the female reaction I get with this one. It reminds me of a couple of sweaty tango dancers.

No, Kouros is too bold for a blind buy. I'd say ge Ungaro III, Rive Gauche and Yang are good options.
    Last edited by irish; 12th September 2008 at 06:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

What age is he?
    Also you mention 'sweaty' - do you mean something that smells good with sweat, or something that smells like sweat?
    As for buying stuff in AUS, I've had some great finds at Priceline and discount chemist warehouse. Also strawberrynet, fragrancenet and fragrancex all ship to Australia at very reasonable prices.

At a blind guess, I'd recommend Dior Fahrenheit - it has a 'fuel' vibe to it (to go with the sweaty / grungy style), is very potent, and if you look around on-line you can find it at a reasonable price!
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Thanks for everyone's help. As for his age ... well he's nearly 50 going on 18! When he's playing he gets sweaty and he wears either good colognes or aftershaves so I need something that can 'come out' I guess with heat and sweat. Strangely enough both he and I are perfume addicts (my mother does not wear perfume at all) so I think I get my love of perfume from my brother. In the past I stuck with Karl Lagerfeld for him as we're both redheads (although from different age groups) it seems to have staying power and, strangely enough, adapts well to both of us (whether it suits the skin/hair I don't know). But I really wanted something a bit different.

Kouros is pretty well available in my local shopping centre but I'm trying desperately to bring him out of the 80s/90s grunge scene, he's been stuck there all my life and I'm trying to bring him up to date somehow.

Strawberrynet is like a godsend to me and there are also a couple of alternatives to Ebay but as the money's tight I check around for the best price before I buy.

Once again, thanks for your help.

Fran

Post Thanks / Like

If your wanting to get him out of the '80s / 90s loop,' I'd consider YSL Rive Gauche pour homme and Narciso Rodriguez for him. Rive Gauche is cheaper, has a distinct 'barbershop / shaving cream' scent to it, but I found it worked great for important meetings etc. Narciso I now far prefer; I can't really describe it to do it justice, however I will say its interesting, distinct and modern.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576