Code of Conduct
    AromiErotici

Default Suggestions for a new frag

I've been accumulating frags over the past month or so. With the exception of one, I tend to stay in my comfort zone of power scents ( Fendi,Aramis,blah,blah,blah) because I REALLY LIKE THEM.

Anyway, I need SOMETHING different, but with terrific longevity. I'm not an Aquatic lover. I don't hate them, just kind of indifferent because they're too subtle for me. They don't last on my skin for more than an hour at best.

Notes of leather,tobacco,sandalwood,tonka,etc.....are what I usually gravitate to. I'm wondering what I can try that is DIFFERENT YET good and strong. I'm accumulating too many similar frags and I need to diversify a bit.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Default Re: Suggestions for a new frag

Not sure if you want to stay mainstream or dabble in niche/higher end... I'd suggest you try Duro by Nasomatto and Feuilles des Tabac by Miller Harris. Both are really big, strong, powerful scents to me. They're both great takes on intense tobacco scents, but different enough that you wouldn't be just getting more of the same.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Sur la Plage

Lubin Idole
    Creed Vintage Tabarome
    Burberrry London for Men
    Aramis Havana
    Montana (red box)
    Last edited by petruccijc; 12th September 2008 at 01:59 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Leather/Tobbaco : Burberry London and John Varvatos
    Sandalwood: Paco XS, Dior Dune, Boucheron
    Tonka Bean: Jacomo Rouge, YSL L'homme, Rochas Man

AromiErotici

I have Montana coming in a few weeks on a trade and I've tried Burberry...just not sure which one.

give Versace Man a try (the original, not the Eau Fraiche version sold at Macy's)
    Last edited by Shaheen; 12th September 2008 at 02:56 PM.

AromiErotici

I want to thank you all for some great suggestions and hopefully more will chime in.

I'm on my way to the Oral Surgeon now for an extraction. Today sucks the big wazoo......BUT........I believe by tonight I will reward myself (yet again) with a new frag that one of you are suggesting on this thread.

For a cheapo, Cuba Gold is tobacco/tonka type of thing, but it may be sweeter than you'd like. Bogart pour Homme is certainly what you seem to want, but I found it to be too "rough" and "synthetic." If you can sample Eau des Baux, that might be what you seek, from what I've read.

You want strong and different but still highly wearable?

Costume National Scent Intense. It's a strong unisex tea/amber scent, as another member said if gray had a color this would be it. It has terrific longevity and sillage, and nothing out there quite smells like it.

I want to echo Jrd4t and point your nose to Miller Harris Feuilles de Tabac. It's a straight up tobacco scent, and very heavy. Not complicated like Quorum or other tobaccos, but just straight, dense, heavy, great, apricoty, pungent, tobacco all day long. MIght be that there's some sandalwood in the base to cream out the smell and fixitive it, say, and there might be some amber down in there too, but what they smoke is what you get.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

If you are wanting to try something different, then definitely try Terre d'Hermes (spicy orange that lasts). This took a couple of wearings to grow on me, but now I love it.

Along the same lines that you are collecting now: Burberry London (very nice spicy wood).

AromiErotici

Awesome suggestions folks. I really appreciate your replies.

I've narrowed it down to 3 frags :

1.) Feuilles de Tabac
    2.) Duro Nasomatto
    3.) John Varvatos

I'm presently bidding on a John Varvatos Vintage.......I hope that's the good one....

At any rate, can you experts steer me to the best prices for Feuilles de Tabac and Duro?

You did ask for something DIFFERENT from what you currently own, right?

Dunhill Edition. It's all you need.

Ged
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

AromiErotici

Does Dunhill make one similar without the clove?

I am not sure I agree with some of the other recommendations here. Burberry London for someone who likes Fendi and Aramis? It sounds to me like you prefer strong, retro fougere / chypre type powerhouses. A modern, woody, somewhat sweet frag is in a different camp altogether.

I'd recommend you give Boucheron PH a shot. It is POWERFUL and retro and should be right up your alley.

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    Awesome suggestions folks. I really appreciate your replies.

I've narrowed it down to 3 frags :

1.) Feuilles de Tabac
    2.) Duro Nasomatto
    3.) John Varvatos

I'm presently bidding on a John Varvatos Vintage.......I hope that's the good one....

At any rate, can you experts steer me to the best prices for Feuilles de Tabac and Duro?
    I found the Varvatos to be way off target on my skin... something tart and berry like for me. Oh well! I guess I can't win them all
    The Duro you'll either have to buy full price, or find a basenoter with a deal. Same with the Feuilles de Tabac, though you'll probably be able to find one on ebay eventually! For both of them though, I would recommend going the sample route first. You can get both of them at luckyscent.com with mua free shipping. The Perfumed Court would also have larger decants if you wanted to give it more thought before buying.

I also wanted to echo petruccijc with Idole de Lubin. It's a little spicier, rummy thing and it's one of my personal favorites.

Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe -- may be more along the lines of what you have, but it has great longevity. I found it lasts longer on me, and also stays "fuller" than Lubin's Idole.

Miller Harris Cuir d'Oranger -- a little bit different than what you listed, but with some crossover. It has oakmoss, leather and bitter citrus, great scent and very strong.

Also, have you ever tried Jicky? It has some of the notes you like, but is more of a fougere (lavender and vanilla combo).