Code of Conduct

Wink Guerlain Vetiver staying power?

What do you think about Guerlain Vetiver staying power (hours). I bought it a week ago, I think it stays cca 6 hours.

Default Re: Guerlain Vetiver staying power?

Yes, I would guess between 4-6 hours. It is not so bad.

About that for me, but under exertion, it comes back strong.

Put the 2000-version on the hairy part of your arm, and the vetiver root stays gorgeous for 10 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guerlain View Post
    Put the 2000-version on the hairy part of your arm, and the vetiver root stays gorgeous for 10 hours.

semi ditto: 6-9

Wear more and you'll get better longevity. Maybe it works for me because of my near perfect innocence of the laws of chemistry. But it does seem to work.

I think its not bad in mi skin....about 6-7 hours....I really dont care longevity on G.V. because is a GREAT fragance....Makes me lot of pleasure!
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dependent
    Blog Entries

I get in the neighborhood of 6-8 hours as well.

I easily get over 8 hours from GV.

7-8 hours on me.

I get about 6-8 hrs

I first tested it and it lasted over 48 hours on my wrist. Now it'll last a little over 15 hours.
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

I finally came to terms with GV (I'm picky with vetiver scents in general) and bought myself a bottle the other day and enjoying every minute of it--when I smell it.

I'm getting this strange feeling that GV works for me if body heat is involved. I can barely smell it if I'm just sedentary, like when I'm typing away at the computer at the office. Otherwise, the scent of it doesn't stop if I'm on the go or the day outside is humid and warm. Despite its longevity if I'm up and going wearing it, I get ZERO SILLAGE.

I'm wearing it today, 10 quick sprays total, 6 to my wrists and about 4 of it on my clothes beneath the collarbone and still minimal notice of the scent. Am I anosmic to the scent in general? It's been about 3 hours of wearing and it's almost gone. Seems to be the story of my life when it comes to me wearing Guerlain scents.

I'm wondering if Vetiver Extreme might be a better scent for me. Doesn't seem like there's much praise about it though. Can anyone highlight the differences and how is longevity with this one?

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

I easily get 6 hours, and really I can smell it albeit faintly even at 12 hours. I do 4 sprays on my chest (about at collarbone level).

Banned

The shortest lived vetiver scent of all I own. Maybe for four hours detectable...afterwards just a hint of nothing. I stopped being angry about it. I just gave up on this one. [No worries for me: I don't need it that badly, as (fortunately) Vétiver Extraordinaire (Frédéric Malle) works wonders for me.]

2 or 3 hours.

Sorry, everytime I wear this, sweat and friction with sexy hands and body wear out the scent. I do not know why I keep using it if I know it will not last all day...
    Last edited by irish; 2nd October 2008 at 03:24 AM.

Last edited by irish; 1st October 2008 at 11:28 PM.

on my skin +10 hours and good sillage... at least my friends it say

Quote Originally Posted by cee-go View Post
    What do you think about Guerlain Vetiver staying power (hours). I bought it a week ago, I think it stays cca 6 hours.
    I sprayed just two sprays on my chest under my shirt this morning at 10:00, it is midnight now and I can still smell it.

Be generous with the sprays on this fine scent. 6 to 8 sprays is not a bad thing with this one.
    It will last, but you can't be timid with the application.

My most often worn fragrance. Excellent.

I could smell vetiver ( with 2-3 x ) the next day. Staying Power ist very good.
    Last edited by sanatik; 2nd October 2008 at 08:55 AM.
    "Wow, I've never smelled anything like that before."

It lasts all day on me. And will refreshen if you splash water on it.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Does anyone know if they tinkered with the concentration on GV with the new box design (very small logo)? I hear it's definitely paler in color compared to the reissue of the scent from 2 years ago, but what about comparison in longevity between the two?

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

To the one who asked about Vetiver Extreme - it does not have better longevity! It is about the same with regular Vetiver - and I have to admit, perhaps a little less. Yet, while it lasts, Vetiver Extreme is more in line with the type of vetiver that I like.
    "Faites des bêtises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick View Post
    Does anyone know if they tinkered with the concentration on GV with the new box design (very small logo)? I hear it's definitely paler in color compared to the reissue of the scent from 2 years ago, but what about comparison in longevity between the two?
    Read this thread iMaverick: http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=210323

10 hours +
    Snarky is as snarky does.

I'm with the majority here......I get about 8-10 hours out of it. But I'll go one further and say that few fragrances evolve as well on my skin as Guerlain creations. Seriously. And the newest incarnation of Vetiver is no exception. From the lemony-citrus zing in the opening to the green vetiver, perhaps even flowery, middle.......right on through the drydown, where the vetiver refuses to yield and parties on with the woodsy/tobacco finish. This scent reminds me of one of those classic vinyl-era album tracks. Not the ones you always hear on the radio......not a single. An album track....like something from Pink Floyd's "Animals" or, better yet, think Billy Joel's "Scenes From an Italian Restaurant". A distinctive beginning, middle, and end. And very well executed.

I guess that's why Vetiver by Guerlain is timeless!

Currently wearing: Epic Man by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Thanks, mikeperez23, I somehow knew that Guerlain was making some unannounced changes to the juice itself in addition to the box design. I suspected it all along when I purchased a bottle of Mitsouko EdP and Extrait in the new boxes, and being that it is Mitsouko, I knew right away that it lacked the heft it used to have, even in the EdT version, and the former version was definitely more "oakmossy".

The 2008 GV is definitely good, but I knew something was different about it. My nose kept telling me it wasn't as rich as the old one, and it developed differently to my nose. The new version seems to end with a definite note of vetiver, but not as smoky and rich as the former. Is that right?

Ah, well, guess I'll hunt online for an older version of GV. Shouldn't be too hard, and the price definitely reasonable.

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!