Code of Conduct

Default Aedes de Venustas EDP

Wow just saw this on my email. Available Oct 3rd. Whoever tries it please post on your findings. A good Weekend to all. Ha Ha....I just remembered I will be in the Big Apple on that date, so I guess I will be sampling myself.

http://www.aedes.com/product.php?product_id=2337

Best,

Otto
    Last edited by Otto; 12th September 2008 at 09:40 PM.
    Giving Life My All And Improving Every Day

Blog Entries

Default Re: Aedes de Venustas EDP

i tried this last time i went to Aedes......they had a bottle for preview, although it wasn't being sold yet (Oct. 3rd, like you said).

it was nice...didn't really catch my attention. pretty bottle though...

to me, it seemed more incense-like than anything else...with a bit of musk.

OH, and this fragrance was custom made by L'Artisan for Aedes...that's what they told me..
    Last edited by everso; 12th September 2008 at 09:51 PM.

I have some of the room spray that came out a couple of years ago. A review on NST talks about how they differ (http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/b...9/3876686.html) but I'd love to hear other opinions if anyone's tried them both.

Made by Bertrand Duchaufour/L'Artisan for Aedes. Read Michelyn's review at the latest New in Niche column right here at Basenotes. http://www.basenotes.net/columnists/...-in-niche.html

There's a review here:
    http://www.basenotes.net/columnists/...-in-niche.html

doesn't anyone look at the front page??!??!!

I see the bottle and think "red cinnamon candle wax". I am not even sure I want to try it because of that....

I just tried this one for the first time, and I really liked it at first, but then it turned sharp and pungent on me just like Dirty English did. They smell nothing alike at first, but then on my skin, they both become evil twins. Is there some common culprit at work here that I'm not aware of?

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    I just tried this one for the first time, and I really liked it at first, but then it turned sharp and pungent on me just like Dirty English did. They smell nothing alike at first, but then on my skin, they both become evil twins. Is there some common culprit at work here that I'm not aware of?
    You are the 2nd person that's said this. I was really looking forward to this one. ((worried))

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    You are the 2nd person that's said this. I was really looking forward to this one. ((worried))
    I was really looking forward to it as well. I'll test it again later, but my initial feeling is disappointment. The description sounded right up my alley. Be sure and post if/when you sample it, Mike. I'd be curious to hear what you think. I thought this one might be my next L'Artisan purchase, but I think I'm going to go for Dzongkha instead now. Maybe the Scent Bar/Lucky Scent one will be better. Surely they won't call the fragrance "Scent Bar."

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    There's a review here:
    http://www.basenotes.net/columnists/...-in-niche.html

doesn't anyone look at the front page??!??!!

My bad Grant...I need to pay attention more...so sorry. For some reason I knew this Fragrance was somewhere on this site did not even think about the front page. In fact you're right and I speak for myself..I do not look at the front page....I will from now on.

Best,

Otto
    Last edited by Otto; 6th October 2008 at 09:12 PM.
    Giving Life My All And Improving Every Day

I finally got around to ordering a sample of this from Aedes.... I'll report back once I've tested

I just tried this again and it also smells quite a bit like LV Alamut. Yeah, really, quite a bit. Almost an imitation; certainly a very similar palate.

Basenotes Institution

I tested this today for the 1st time.

It smelled sweet, incense-y and very comfortable going on - reminded me instantly of Jubilation XXV by Amouage. About an hour into it's dry down though, the scent takes a new departure from the sweet incense and resins and turned tart, pungent (like a fresh grated herb) and slightly vegetal (starchy and crisp). Then it disappeared (in about four hours) to an almost undetectable level.

Maybe this is a scent one needs to over apply (I applied the entire 1 ml vial in one wearing today) and I would be interested in testing it again, since it seems like a JXVV that one could wear in warm weather or outdoors. But, for now this is a Bertrand Dachaufour scent that is leaving me slightly puzzled.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 16th October 2008 at 09:24 PM.

I've had my sample for about a week and haven't had time to really wear it and analyze. My initial impressions weren't that great.... somewhat thick and resinous, with a sweet berry note initially that fades out by the heart. I'll put it further up on my 'need to sample thoroughly' list.