Code of Conduct

Blog Entries

Default Scent Synchronization Day - Fall '08!

Alright everyone. The recent thread about our fall favorites got me craving my fall scents, & since we're entering a new season I think it's time to do another Scent Synchronization Day!

For new members, here's the deal: We try to pick a fragrance that is pretty popular amongst Basenoters so we could get as much participation as possible. Once the fragrance is selected, we pick a day (far enough out so people can obtain a sample if they don't own the frag) to all wear that particular fragrance. Then at the end of the day we discuss what we think about that particular frag.

Right now, I'd like to take some suggestions of possible frags. After about a week or so, I'll make a poll from the most popular suggestions, & the winner will be our SSD frag!

Let me start off by suggesting:

Burberry Brit
    Gaultier2
    M7
    Rochas Man
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Default Re: Scent Synchronization Day - Fall '08!

My suggestions:

SL Chergui
    YSL Rive Gauche
    MPG Santal Noble
    Narciso Rodriguez for Him (maybe a easier one to do)

Basenotes Institution

Great idea CJ!

I suggest London by Burberry. I happen to like this more than Brit, and I think it smells great when the weather's cooler.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Rochas!!! It's the only one out of your suggestions that I have.

I call for M7 followed by Narciso R .

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr16 View Post
    I call for M7.
    We actually did M7 a long time ago as a SSD. It was the first one I took part in, but that was a while ago and I wouldn't see why we couldn't do it again.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 11th September 2008 at 04:38 AM.

Yatagan!!!

No. Seriously.

I'm down with Rive Gauche or Rochas Man.

RG (Pour Homme?) wouldn't be a stretch for me - I wear it about 50% of the time already!
    Brit and London are easily obtainable, so may be good choices.

Thanks for kicking this off, CJ!
    Last edited by Snafoo; 10th September 2008 at 10:36 PM.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Designer: M7, RG

Niche: Mazzorali Lui

A lot of good suggestions so far!

Let me add:
    Ambre Sultan
    Cristobal Pour Homme
    Dior Homme
    Jaipur Homme
    L'Anarchiste
    Obsession for Men
    Tea for Two
    Equipage

subliminal message....how about Giorgio for Men?
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

We should do a unisex so men and women can do it, this would be the fairest approach.

I would like to see Armani Attitude and Gucci PH up for consideration since they're more likely to be owned by more people than, say, something from Lutens or Malle.
    Last edited by ziffy321; 11th September 2008 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Great idea CJ!

I suggest London by Burberry. I happen to like this more than Brit, and I think it smells great when the weather's cooler.
    Yahoo! I love Scent Synchronization Days. Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this, CJ.

MikePerez and I must be sharing a brain, because Burberry London was also my first thought to request after reading the initial list.

Also, if we go with London, users of both genders will have the choice of whether to use the masculine or feminine version of the juice -- Personally, while I think London for Women is okay, I really love London for Men, and that's what I'd wear hands down!
    Last edited by ComDiva; 11th September 2008 at 12:32 AM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

I suggest Kouros! LOL

I'm in for:

M7
    Rochas Man
    Rive Gauche
    Narciso Rodriguez for him (I would use Musc for Him Oil Parfum - fantastic scent)
    Mazzorali Lui

AdG? No wait, that's already what every male wears every day

Given the diverse tastes and multitude of differences between members' wardrobes, I move to consider maybe the allowance of either two or three different alternatives (also voted on though) to the "true" synchronized scent?

Quote Originally Posted by Leifer View Post
    ... Given the diverse tastes and multitude of differences between members' wardrobes, I move to consider maybe the allowance of either two or three different alternatives (also voted on though) to the "true" synchronized scent?
    But, but, but.... then it wouldn't be a synchronized scent! I would prefer to keep it to one single scent, as nature intended.

Personal opinions may vary.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

I'd be up for it. I own M7 and have a BIG sample of Gaulthier2 (A nice "Thank You" to MFfan310!) but can probably get some of the others as long as the choice is something designer and easy on the wallet (No Amouage or Bond No9's and the like, please....I'm broke as a joke! No joke....).

As long as I have enough notice and access to the scent........love it!!

I'll keep my eyes peeled, CJ!

I can feel a poll comin' on!!

Last edited by Richie_B; 11th September 2008 at 02:43 AM.

Blog Entries

Have no fear all...there WILL be a poll! I'm gonna take the top suggestions from this thread & make them into a poll in a few days.

And yeah, the purpose of SSD is for everyone to wear the same scent on that particular day. I mean, think about how cool it is when you're browsing the SOTD thread & you see that you have a scent twin. Imagine how cool it is knowing that dozens of your basenotes brothers & sisters are wearing the same scent you are wearing that day! And again, the SSD will be set out a few weeks to allow anyone who doesn't own the chosen scent to obtain a sample.

Great suggestions so far, keep them coming!

Blog Entries

Although I love (and have) Kouros, Yatagan, and YSLRGPH, I agree that Burberry London would be great. I came very close to buying it already. Just give me an excuse! Please! Or if you wanted to make it more than one scent, it could be a tobacco scent "smoke-in", with London leading the pack.

But I'm OK with M7 or Rochas Man, too. Lots of other good suggestions.

Poll! Poll! Poll!

AromiErotici

Obsession for men or Opium.

Put me down for Gaultier 2.

how about one of these?

-jazz
    -armani attitude

these are some that most people might have. I have been meaning to retest gaultier 2 to see if vanilla is still forever cursed to the dammed infernos of fragrant hell.

Rive Gauche homme, please.
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

summer means fireflys

I LOVE Scent Synchronization days! I don't really have any suggestions, I just wanted to say thanks CJ for getting this started again.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Jicky
    Habit Rouge
    Tea for Two

I think many women will have this in their wardrobes as well

I'd like to suggest:

Jaipur Homme
    Opium PH
    Obsession for men
    Heritage
    M7 (hoping I'll have it by then )

Sur la Plage

Burberry London for Men
    Obsession for Men
    Grey Flannel
    Aramis
    Azzaro pour Homme
    Bulgari Black
    Gucci pour Homme
    Gucci Envy for Men
    Lagerfeld Classic
    Christian Dior Fahrenheit
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Gaultier2
    Narciso Rodriguez
    M7
    Dior Homme
    Hanae Mori

Hows about...Bandit!

A poll is definitely the way to go....

Of what's been suggested compared to what I have, I'll also nominate:

Rive Gauche
    Dior Homme
    Rochas Man

If M7 gets picked I'll go with M7 Fresh because the original is a little oppressive in the Texas heat.

Blog Entries

Would anyone object to me leaving out Dior Homme & Bvlgari Black because they've been done pretty recently (within the last year & a half)? It's been mentioned M7 has been done, too, but that's been quite some time ago. From the time I've been a member here, these are the one's I recall have been SSD winners:

GIT
    Mugler Cologne
    Dior Homme
    Bvlgari Black

I may be missing a few, lol. But, if the majority of y'all want to include past winners, that's fine with me.

Habit Rouge
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie View Post
    Would anyone object to me leaving out Dior Homme & Bvlgari Black because they've been done pretty recently (within the last year & a half)? It's been mentioned M7 has been done, too, but that's been quite some time ago. From the time I've been a member here, these are the one's I recall have been SSD winners:

GIT
    Mugler Cologne
    Dior Homme
    Bvlgari Black

I may be missing a few, lol. But, if the majority of y'all want to include past winners, that's fine with me.
    If you have room for some past winners by all means do so, if not - that's okay by me too!
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

As the keeper of the stats there was also a Bandit and Gucci Envy SSD in the last six months.
    There was the YSL tribute SSD on the occasion of his passing away and that would be why I would not choose Rive Gauche pour Homme for this one, either.

It should be something that hasn't been done in the past year, in my opinion.
    The other widely avaialble scents in both men's and women's versions are a lot fo the Calvin Kleins;
    Goutal Eau D'Hadrien is one of the more unisex scents but it is more a summer one.
    Considering how many samples Vijay has sent all of us it should be easy to pick a Montale for this too.
    I'm also good with Burberry London as it is easily obtainable by anyone who wants to play and maybe that is the best criteria for picking it.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

I like the idea of it being ONE scent too, not a male and female version of the same name so we all can play: I thought some that walked the line (excepting the past winners) would be:

Habit Rouge
    Gris Clair
    Rochas Man or Pi
    Jicky

I second the notion of either L'Anarchiste or Yatagan.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Burberry London
    Armand Basi
    Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin

Blog Entries

London!
    Looking for:
    Versace Man eau Fraiche - Please PM me if you have it!

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...r8877/haha.jpg

In the past, we've also had Azzaro Visit for SSD.

But I do like the idea of Gaultier2 for a true unisex "SSD For Humanity", much like the "fragrance for humanity" marketing kick Jean Paul Gaultier and Beaute Prestige International use to market the scent. And it is readily available on a global basis, too.

Here's two more unisex SSD ideas...
    -cK one (very readily available, started the "fresh" craze)
    -Any of the Bvlgari tea scents
    Last edited by MFfan310; 12th September 2008 at 06:54 PM.
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

I could do Bvlgari Black and Envy but they've been done.

Ambre Sultan.

I'm selling my London but that seems to be getting the most votes.

im in for rochas man and dior homme

Yatagan... or Habit Rouge....
    - A spritz of Caron may be quite continental, but (a flacon of) Guerlain is a perfumisto's best friend...

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva View Post
    Yahoo! I love Scent Synchronization Days. Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this, CJ.

MikePerez and I must be sharing a brain, because Burberry London was also my first thought to request after reading the initial list.

Also, if we go with London, users of both genders will have the choice of whether to use the masculine or feminine version of the juice -- Personally, while I think London for Women is okay, I really love London for Men, and that's what I'd wear hands down!
    Burberry London also gets my vote

*puts in a vote for Burberry Brit*, because that's the only one mentioned so far that I actually have! ^^;;
    I'll ask the gardeners what they call / the many flowers, so that in the small crocks /
    of their lovely proper names I can bring back / remnants of the hundred fragrances.
    - Rilke, Requiem for a Friend

Vote for Habit Rouge.
    Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

OK, I got Burberry London (Men's) at Sephora today. I may already have the women's version, but I think that is not what people had in mind

Of the scents that are already mentioned, I totally agree with:
    - Dior Homme;
    - Burberry London;
    - Narciso Rodriguez for Him;
    - Rive Gauche pour Homme;
    - Dior Fahrenheit.

I'd like to add:
    - Chanel Antaeus;
    - Van Gils Original (quite unknown, but it is very nice in combination with colder weather);
    - Tabac Original (it's an oldie, but I really like the aftershave when fall sets in).

London is the only one of the bunch I have. Oh, and Rive Gauche pour Homme. All this perfume strewn around and somehow I never have the synch scent.

I would do Rochas Man but I'm going to go with M7 because I actually own that one... hah

I also saw some votes for Chergui and Rive Gauche. I could do any of those! I'll help figure out who voted for what and tally up the votes in this thread so we can find the most popular.

What is the date for this event?? Still figuring that out?

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS View Post
    I would do Rochas Man but I'm going to go with M7 because I actually own that one... hah

I also saw some votes for Chergui and Rive Gauche. I could do any of those! I'll help figure out who voted for what and tally up the votes in this thread so we can find the most popular.

What is the date for this event?? Still figuring that out?
    Hey EnvYus, check out CJ's other thread, she has a poll started.

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=215561