Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 44 of 44
  1. #1

    Default Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    I have expensive tastes. Not that I buy expensive perfume - well, I do, but not the newer ones; I tend to have die-hard favorites which for some strange reason fetch ridiculous numbers on E-Bay (just about the only place one can find them). Example? I'm dying to find Ellipse - a run-of-the-mill fragrance at the time it was produced - and can't. I bet it'll cost an arm and a leg once - and if - I do.

    I would still like to find a currently-produced fragrance I like whole-heartedly (yes, there are some I find nice, but nothing even close to my all-time favorites). The curious part is that I tend to lean towards fragrances that definitely have a masculine accent to them - do not confuse with fragrances the industry calls "unisex" - like Lapidus' "Envol" and "Vu", for example, so I decided to turn the tables on you Gentlemen.

    In your experience, which of the recently-produced fragrances have a somewhat feminine twist to them? I find it hard to go by notes descriptions only - a lot of it is in the proportions. I should, perhaps, notice that my "bestest favorite" note is leather, but please do not limit yourselves to fragrances of that note - I'll take all I can get.

    As always, very many thanks for your anticipated replies.
    Last edited by FroFro; 14th September 2008 at 03:47 PM.
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    My wife keeps telling me that Gaultier's Fleur du Male and Creed's Baie de Genièvre are plainly feminine scents with nothing unisex about them.

    I was accused of wearing a woman's scent when I was wearing Villoresi's Sandolo.

    I guess they're all kind of expensive.
    Cheers,
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 15th September 2008 at 05:23 PM. Reason: mispelt Villoresi

  3. #3

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    I think Fleur du Male as Renato mentioned, and I would say Declaration by Cartier. And I would even venture as far as to recommend Paco Rabanne's Black XS for a sweet berry, icy tinge...blends well with worn leather.
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

  4. #4

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    Quote Originally Posted by FroFro View Post
    I tend to have die-hard favorites......
    I love leathers also, so please give us a little more information to work with.

    Also, what type of leather are you looking for? Suede, Spanish, Russian, soft, birch tar, etc.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 15th September 2008 at 02:53 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

  5. #5

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    I find it very sexy when GF wears Burrbery Brit, Yang, Floris Santal and Guerlain Vetiver. Gendarme is also fantastic on her skin. They are not expensive EDTs but price has no correlation with my tastes.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    My wife keeps telling me that Gaultier's Fleur du Male and Creed's Baie de Genièvre are plainly feminine scents with nothing unisex about them.

    I was accused of wearing a woman's scent when I was wearing Villoersi's Sandolo.

    I guess they're all kind of expensive.
    Cheers,
    Renato

    Fleur du Male smells exactly like my Grandma!

  7. #7

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Fleur du Male smells exactly like my Grandma!
    I think that you and my wife would get along pretty well in a perfume discussion.
    Renato

  8. #8

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    I think that you and my wife would get along pretty well in a perfume discussion.
    Renato
    Wouldn`t you agreed?

  9. #9

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    It's entered the mainstream: Sephora's Beauty And The Blog actually has a post on some fragrances that some "Girls from The Beauty Authority" like sneaking from the men's side of the store.

    Guess what: Fleur du Male is one of them. You'll be surprised at one of the picks...
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

  10. #10

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    When I was a teenager, many of my girl-friends used to wear Azzaro.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    How ironic would it be if women started wearing D&G Light Blue For Men?

    And my relative contribution: I've never met a woman who wore a male cologne. But my mom wears my Un Jardin sur le Nil, as well as my Gendarme Sky.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Leifer View Post
    How ironic would it be if women started wearing D&G Light Blue For Men?
    Is this a no-no? I sampled it on a card a few weeks ago, and liked it. It smelled kinda candy-like but with a bit of something like incense, or maybe pepper. I thought I might go back and sample it on skin sometime, but haven't had a chance lately.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
    It's entered the mainstream: Sephora's Beauty And The Blog actually has a post on some fragrances that some "Girls from The Beauty Authority" like sneaking from the men's side of the store.

    Guess what: Fleur du Male is one of them. You'll be surprised at one of the picks...
    Thanks for the link!

    My wife likes Yatagan and L'Anarchiste, so which one on the blog was I supposed to surprised at?
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

  14. #14

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    I thought I had smelled Boss Bottled ( aka Boss # 6) on a young lady this afternoon. I was able to get a good sniff as I was close to her. At least it smelled ridiculously close to it ( I had a bottled of this until it ran out ).

  15. #15

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    I guess they're all kind of expensive.
    Cheers,
    Renato
    That is very true. Mine are far less so than others' who shall remain nameless.

    Many thanks for the suggestions - I'll definitely give them a try. I'm going on a decant hunt.
    Last edited by FroFro; 15th September 2008 at 10:44 PM.
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrewthecologneguy View Post
    I think Fleur du Male as Renato mentioned, and I would say Declaration by Cartier. And I would even venture as far as to recommend Paco Rabanne's Black XS for a sweet berry, icy tinge...blends well with worn leather.
    Thanks! I will definitely give them a try!
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    I love leathers also, so please give us a little more information to work with.

    Also, what type of leather are you looking for? Suede, Spanish, Russian, soft, birch tar, etc.
    I like Russian, but am quite happy with Chanel's CdR (unless they changed the formulation significantly in the "new" version, which would not make me happy).

    I was actually more interested in perhaps expanding into other leathers. And as you love leathers also, you will, most likely be a source of very good recommendations.

    For one, I would like a very-very strong leather scent, but not along the lines of something Demeter-y (as in - strong leather and nothing else).

    Speak (type) slowly, though, I'm not as advanced as you are, obviously.
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    Quote Originally Posted by irish View Post
    I find it very sexy when GF wears Burrbery Brit, Yang, Floris Santal and Guerlain Vetiver. Gendarme is also fantastic on her skin. They are not expensive EDTs but price has no correlation with my tastes.
    Inexpensive is good. No, inexpensive is VERY good!!!! :-D
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Fleur du Male smells exactly like my Grandma!
    Well, conceptually speaking, I am old enough to be a grandma, so maybe that's not necessarily a bad thing.
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310 View Post
    Guess what: Fleur du Male is one of them. You'll be surprised at one of the picks...
    I was surprised at Fahrenheit. Really surprised. Doesn't seem "stealable" to me.

    Thanks for the link!
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    Quote Originally Posted by LuciusVorenus View Post
    When I was a teenager, many of my girl-friends used to wear Azzaro.
    Really? Never occured to me to give it a try. I will now.
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

  22. #22

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Leifer View Post
    How ironic would it be if women started wearing D&G Light Blue For Men?

    And my relative contribution: I've never met a woman who wore a male cologne. But my mom wears my Un Jardin sur le Nil, as well as my Gendarme Sky.
    I should give it a whiff, I guess. I didn't like Light Blue - probably because everyone I knew wore it - maybe I'll like the male version.
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

  23. #23

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aiona View Post
    Is this a no-no? I sampled it on a card a few weeks ago, and liked it. It smelled kinda candy-like but with a bit of something like incense, or maybe pepper. I thought I might go back and sample it on skin sometime, but haven't had a chance lately.
    Oh not at all, I just said that it'd be ironic if women started wearing D&G Light Blue for Men because one of the most common feminine fragrances that males wear is the femme version of Light Blue

  24. #24

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    Quote Originally Posted by FroFro View Post
    I like Russian, but am quite happy with Chanel's CdR (unless they changed the formulation significantly in the "new" version, which would not make me happy).

    I was actually more interested in perhaps expanding into other leathers. And as you love leathers also, you will, most likely be a source of very good recommendations.

    For one, I would like a very-very strong leather scent, but not along the lines of something Demeter-y (as in - strong leather and nothing else).
    Thanks for giving me some direction.

    For a very-very strong leather, I suggest Kolnisch Juchten (*) by Parfums Regence. I recently recommended this fragrance in a thread on Knize Ten is Gorgeous!. Here is a link to a Perfume Review: Parfums Regence Kölnisch Juchten

    Russian-style leathers that I think you may enjoy are:
    1776 Russian Leather (Elsha) (*)
    Royal English Leather (Creed) (*)
    Knize Ten (Knize) (*)
    Cuir Mauresque (Serge Lutens) (*)

    When I get home from work, I'll see if I can think of additional fragrances to recommend for you.
    -------------------------------

    I think you may also enjoy:

    Tabacco Toscano (Santa Maria Novella) (*)
    Derby (Guerlain) (*)
    Devin (Aramis) (*)
    Jean Pascal pour Homme (Jean Pascal) (*)
    Domenico Caraceni pour Homme (aka 1913) (Domenico Caraceni) (*)
    Polo (Ralph Lauren) (*)
    Aramis 900 (Aramis)
    Antaeus (Chanel)
    Van Cleef & Arpels pour Homme (VC&A)
    Richard James Savile Row (Richard James) (*)
    Francesco Smalto (Francesco Smalto)
    Tom Ford Extreme (Tom Ford)
    1818 (Brooks Brothers)
    Clubman Special Reserve (Pinaud)
    Idole de Lubin (Lubin)
    Macassar (Rochas) (*)
    Sybaris (Antonio Puig)
    Krizia Uomo (Krizia) (*)
    Voleur de Roses (L'Artisan Parfumeur)
    Bel Ami - Hermes

    Not strictly a leather, but my number two scent overall is 'Vintage' Tabarome (*). A very austere and dignified scent - like smoking premium Virgina tobacco in a fine leather wingback armchair.

    (*) denotes fragrances in my top 10% when I last rated my wardrobe in April. (I gave Devin the * I forgot to give it back then.)
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 15th September 2008 at 09:51 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

  25. #25

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    Thanks for giving me some direction.

    For a very-very strong leather, I suggest Kolnisch Juchten by Parfums Regence. I recently recommended this fragrance in a thread on Knize Ten is Gorgeous!. Here is a link to a Perfume Review: Parfums Regence Kölnisch Juchten

    Russian-style leathers that I think you may enjoy are:
    1776 Russian Leather (Elsha)
    Royal English Leather (Creed)
    Knize Ten (Knize)
    Cuir Mauresque (Serge Lutens)

    When I get home from work, I'll see if I can think of additional fragrances to recommend for you.
    Please forgive me if I am too forward, but do you by chance decant any of them? I would gladly pay what you feel is appropriate, and would be quite happy with any size decants, even one-whiff size.

    I found Kolnisch Juchten on the web (it looks quite different from the one in the review, though), but at $150 a pop, for me it's a stretch for a blind buy (not that I don't trust your opinon). I can most likely delegate someone to do some shopping for me in SF, though (although chances are the owner will not like the guy, he he he).

    There used to be loads of decants on E-bay, but I've searched recently for them (wanted to try some Lutens) - came up with nothing, literally.
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

  26. #26

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Leifer View Post
    Oh not at all, I just said that it'd be ironic if women started wearing D&G Light Blue for Men because one of the most common feminine fragrances that males wear is the femme version of Light Blue
    Ah! Okay! Well, that would be revenge indeed. And sweet revenge too. If I rememberly rightly, D&G Light Blue for Women is also candy-like, but without that other interesting smell.

    Quote Originally Posted by FroFro View Post
    I should give it a whiff, I guess. I didn't like Light Blue - probably because everyone I knew wore it - maybe I'll like the male version.
    You might! There are a number of fragrances for women that I've not liked, but have found the men's version better.
    Last edited by Aiona; 15th September 2008 at 09:33 PM.

  27. #27

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aiona View Post
    You might! There are a number of fragrances for women that I've not liked, but have found the men's version better.
    Not to say I don't like the female version of Obsession, but I've always liked the male Obsession better.
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

  28. #28

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    ...I think you may also enjoy:

    Tabacco Toscano (Santa Maria Novella) (*)
    Derby (Guerlain) (*)
    Devin (Aramis) (*)
    Jean Pascal pour Homme (Jean Pascal) (*)
    Domenico Caraceni pour Homme (aka 1913) (Domenico Caraceni) (*)
    Polo (Ralph Lauren) (*)
    Aramis 900 (Aramis)
    Antaeus (Chanel)
    Van Cleef & Arpels pour Homme (VC&A)
    Richard James Savile Row (Richard James) (*)
    Francesco Smalto (Francesco Smalto)
    Tom Ford Extreme (Tom Ford)
    1818 (Brooks Brothers)
    Clubman Special Reserve (Pinaud)
    Idole de Lubin (Lubin)
    Macassar (Rochas) (*)
    Sybaris (Antonio Puig)
    Krizia Uomo (Krizia) (*)
    Voleur de Roses (L'Artisan Parfumeur)
    Bel Ami - Hermes

    Not strictly a leather, but my number two scent overall is 'Vintage' Tabarome (*). A very austere and dignified scent - like smoking premium Virgina tobacco in a fine leather wingback armchair.

    (*) denotes fragrances in my top 10% when I last rated my wardrobe in April. (I gave Devin the * I forgot to give it back then.)
    Smalto, huh? I will definitely need to try that one for one very specific reason - I've been eyeing it for years now. For some strange reason, every time I chance across it (and I have quite often), I kept looking and looking at it, and a few times even had it in my basket, only to remove later in favor of some other scent or - gasp - a gazillionth pair of shoes. "It's for men, anyway," - I kept telling myself.

    Maybe it was intuition, instead. I will definitely give it a try. Thanks.

    A couple more names strike a chord - I've eyed them, too.

    A little off of the leather note - I've been itching to get some KL Homme (the old version). Any thoughts on that? As I remember, I had a fragrance strip in one of my Vogues in the 80s and I literally had my nose in it for at least an hour every day - couldn't get enough. Do you think it will translate at all into a feminine scent?

    The Tabarome is another "hm" moment for me. On several occasions, I had thought of getting it, but every time, after reading the reviews, I figured it's way too manly to translate for a woman. You don't think so? Which may be a moot point - I've read (a long while back) some threads on Creed, and it's a science, really - I'm not sure I'm advanced enough to tell a vintage creed from a non-vintage one. I'll probably end up getting the newer version, which, I understand, is quite different.
    Last edited by FroFro; 15th September 2008 at 10:02 PM.
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

  29. #29

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    Quote Originally Posted by FroFro View Post
    A little off of the leather note - I've been itching to get some KL Homme (the old version). Any thoughts on that? ....

    The Tabarome is another "hm" moment for me. .... I'm not sure I'm advanced enough to tell a vintage creed from a non-vintage one. I'll probably end up getting the newer version, which, I understand, is quite different.
    I just bought KL Homme through the generous spirit of a fellow basenoter who spotted it in a niche store in his city. He bought it, along with another discontinued scent, and sent it to me at cost. I have only worn it once so far but it deserves all the high praise it receives!

    Creed produces two different Tabaromes.

    Tabarome Millesime is the newer fragrance and is more readily available. It is available in Creed's regular size bottles. It is nowhere near as good as the fragrance simply named Tabarome. Tabarome is part of the Private Collection and is available only in a 250ml flacon. Sometimes, a tester in a regular bottle will appear here or on the internet. 'Vintage' is an appellation we use at Basenotes to distinguish the two fragrances, it does not appear on the flacon and is not the standard fragrance usage of the word 'vintage'.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 15th September 2008 at 10:19 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

  30. #30

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    I just bought KL Homme through the generous spirit of a fellow basenoter who spotted it in a niche store in his city. He bought it, along with another discontinued scent, and sent it to me at cost. I have only worn it once so far but it deserves all the high praise it receives!

    Creed produces two different Tabaromes.

    Tabarome Millesime is the newer fragrance and is more readily available. It is available in Creed's regular size bottles. It is nowhere near as good as the fragrance simply named Tabarome. Tabarome is part of the Private Collection and is available only in a 250ml flacon. Sometimes, a tester in a regular bottle will appear here or on the internet. 'Vintage' is an appellation we use at Basenotes to distinguish the two fragrances, it does not appear on the flacon and is not the standard fragrance usage of the word 'vintage'.
    M. Yeah, I think the one I saw was Millesime. So I'm scratching that. I'll look around for the original one.

    Yes, the KL Homme is one that stayed with me. It's been a while since I've had a chance to smell it, but definitely on my list - if not to wear, than to just enjoy from time to time.

    And - Yay! - I found a place with decants. So I remove that part of the question - and, again, I apologize if I was too forward.
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

  31. #31

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    Quote Originally Posted by FroFro View Post
    I've always liked the male Obsession better.
    Me too!

  32. #32

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    Quote Originally Posted by FroFro View Post
    Please forgive me if I am too forward, but do you by chance decant any of them? I would gladly pay what you feel is appropriate, and would be quite happy with any size decants, even one-whiff size.
    ...
    There used to be loads of decants on E-bay, but I've searched recently for them (wanted to try some Lutens) - came up with nothing, literally.
    [I realize the poster has retracted this question, but for readers' information and hers, Basenotes has a no-decant sales/swaps/exchanges policy. The public forums cannot be used to solicit, suggest, offer, or anything else regarding exchanges of decants.

    Thank you everyone.
    --Chris]
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

  33. #33

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    Got one - Parfum d'Habit. Stealing this from you Gentlemen. It's gorgeous!
    Last edited by FroFro; 17th September 2008 at 10:33 PM.
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

  34. #34

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    Great thread as I always found that on women I find attractive, almost any non-mainstream scent and especially a masculine leather/dark smell would be a plus.

    Most of the Jardin series I find tip the scales more to women so it's no surprise ... then again they ARE unisex.

    I personally would go gaga-over or at very least give-a-high-five to any woman who wears Geir or Rive Gauche well.

    I believe you'll find this entry usefull: http://www.peredepierre.com/2008/08/...for-women.html

    He has some great reviews up on his site and I find three of his points personally dead-on:
    - Some old-fashioned colognes would be perfect for women nowadays.
    - Lolita Lempicka au Masculin, I would find so very fun to smell on women but also it'd be great alternative for those who find the women's versions a little too sweet.
    - Angel Pure Coffee

  35. #35

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    I love these masculines::

    Cartier Declaration Essence
    Egoiste
    Guerlain's Vetiver
    Idole - Lubin
    Terre d'Hermes
    CdG Avignon
    Heeley Cardinal
    Armani Prive Bois d'Encense
    Dior Homme
    Eau du Coq

  36. #36

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Leifer View Post
    How ironic would it be if women started wearing D&G Light Blue For Men?
    LOL

  37. #37

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    Just read that Mary-Kate Olsen wears Dior Homme cologne:

    http://www.mary-kateandashley.com/be...ticle.php?1399

    disclaimer: was forwarded the link by my SO, I have no interest in the anaemic olsen twins
    Last edited by zztopp; 19th September 2008 at 05:45 PM.
    -

  38. #38

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Just read that Mary-Kate Olsen wears Dior Homme cologne:

    http://www.mary-kateandashley.com/be...ticle.php?1399

    disclaimer: was forwarded the link by my SO, I have no interest in the anaemic olsen twins
    Oh, my. Guess I'll not be wearing it, then.
    Last edited by FroFro; 19th September 2008 at 05:59 PM.
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

  39. #39

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    I love these masculines::

    Cartier Declaration Essence
    Egoiste
    Guerlain's Vetiver
    Idole - Lubin
    Terre d'Hermes
    CdG Avignon
    Heeley Cardinal
    Armani Prive Bois d'Encense
    Dior Homme
    Eau du Coq
    Thanks! More for me to try. As I rarely try more than 2 at a time (preferably - one, actually), I'll be trying male scents forever now.
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

  40. #40

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    Quote Originally Posted by masuerte View Post
    Great thread as I always found that on women I find attractive, almost any non-mainstream scent and especially a masculine leather/dark smell would be a plus.

    Most of the Jardin series I find tip the scales more to women so it's no surprise ... then again they ARE unisex.

    I personally would go gaga-over or at very least give-a-high-five to any woman who wears Geir or Rive Gauche well.

    I believe you'll find this entry usefull: http://www.peredepierre.com/2008/08/...for-women.html

    He has some great reviews up on his site and I find three of his points personally dead-on:
    - Some old-fashioned colognes would be perfect for women nowadays.
    - Lolita Lempicka au Masculin, I would find so very fun to smell on women but also it'd be great alternative for those who find the women's versions a little too sweet.
    - Angel Pure Coffee
    Great suggestions, thanks! I think I'll need to be hitting Saks soon - although they behave like Duane Reade recently with the samples, so I've heard. One of my friends has been told to buy the full-size, then they'll give her a sample, which she can try before opening the full size, and if she doesn't like it, she can then return the unopened full size.

    Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen, this is Saks Fifth Avenue.

    I was appalled!!!
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

  41. #41

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    brooklyn NYC
    Posts
    1,979
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    my wife has been wearing my RIVE GAUCHE every single bloody day....and it smells GREAT on her.....

  42. #42

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    I didn't know SAKS did this! That's pretty generous, I wonder if Neiman, Nordstrom and Barneys would do that

    One can dream.

    One more suggestion: Ormonde Jayne man

    Also to everso... I was suggesting the Pour Homme of course...
    Last edited by masuerte; 19th September 2008 at 06:54 PM.

  43. #43

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    Quote Originally Posted by masuerte View Post
    I didn't know SAKS did this! That's pretty generous, I wonder if Neiman, Nordstrom and Barneys would do that

    One can dream.

    One more suggestion: Ormonde Jayne man

    Also to everso... I was suggesting the Pour Homme of course...
    And then we see them on e-bay... It upsets me. I never ask for samples of fragrances I'm not genuinely interested in. That's what they're for, aren't they?

    Oh, well.

    Thanks for the suggestion, it's going on my list!
    Veni, Vidi, Visa.

  44. #44

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    brooklyn NYC
    Posts
    1,979
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Revenge: Male fragrances worn by women?

    Quote Originally Posted by masuerte View Post

    Also to everso... I was suggesting the Pour Homme of course...
    my wife does wear it...it turns me on everytime. smells great on her!

Similar Threads

  1. Women wearing Men's Fragrances?
    By LoneFish in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 20th November 2010, 03:15 AM
  2. Best non niche lavender intensive male fragrances?
    By afraafra in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 8th July 2008, 06:13 AM
  3. Who has better fragrances...Men or Women?
    By leor_77 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 14th May 2008, 03:53 PM
  4. Fragonard's Miranda
    By Lizzie in forum No longer missing fragrances
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22nd January 2006, 04:09 PM
  5. Fragrances women dislike or even hate
    By Xen in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 15th June 2005, 07:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •