Code of Conduct

Default Habit Rouge: A office scent?

Habit Rouge is very often described as a office scent, or a scent "perfect for daytime/office-wear" Hmm..I think it`s perfect for special occations: A date, nightlife, dinner at a restaurant, sociability, and definitively with a elegant outfit! For me, this masterpiece is not a typical "office-scent"..

Default Re: Habit Rouge: A office scent?

Definitely wearable for office (in moderation).
    HR is a very special fragrance for me and I wouldn't wear it in office a lot, in order not to "ruin" it.
    Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Mostapha View Post
    HR is a very special fragrance for me and I wouldn't wear it in office a lot, in order not to "ruin" it.
    I agree!

Sur la Plage

IMO, I think Habit Rouge is one of those "appropriate for almost any occasion" fragrances.

I have the EDC, and personally use it primarily for work - but have used it other times as well.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

HR to me is more of a warm,romantic evening class of fragrance. JMO.

The crisp EDC version could be used in the office without a problem. However, the EDT version doesn't strike me as a scent I'd often wear to the office.
    Renato

It might be an office-appropriate scent, depending on the office, in cold weather. In particular, a whiff off a scarf or sweater would not seem out of place. I agree with Renato that the eau de cologne would be a more fool-proof bet.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    IMO, I think Habit Rouge is one of those "appropriate for almost any occasion" fragrances.

I have the EDC, and personally use it primarily for work - but have used it other times as well.
    I second petruccijc, EDC or EDT. I have used a few of both at work over 20 years. I appreciate that there may be cultural differences from country to country which determine what strengths are appropriate. Over here a nice scent will only make work more enjoyable

Blog Entries

anything is an office scent....i'm not sure why a differentiation must be made. the character of an 'office scent' is less based on the scent itself and MORE based on the PERSON. If you've got the character to pull it off, you can.

i work in a place where i'm constantly surrounded by patients, other physicians, secretaries, and a ton of people. many times i have to be close to other people (patients) and yet i still lightly apply any fragrance i wish...and often get complimented on them as well.......i really think it has nothing to do with the scent, but whether the person wearing it can pull it off.

so......yes, Habit Rouge or nearly ANY scent can be pulled off in an office setting.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post
    anything is an office scent....i'm not sure why a differentiation must be made. the character of an 'office scent' is less based on the scent itself and MORE based on the PERSON. If you've got the character to pull it off, you can.

i work in a place where i'm constantly surrounded by patients, other physicians, secretaries, and a ton of people. many times i have to be close to other people (patients) and yet i still lightly apply any fragrance i wish...and often get complimented on them as well.......i really think it has nothing to do with the scent, but whether the person wearing it can pull it off.

so......yes, Habit Rouge or nearly ANY scent can be pulled off in an office setting.

what about Sécrétions Magnifiques? would you try and pull that off in an office?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by denec View Post
    what about Sécrétions Magnifiques? would you try and pull that off in an office?
    i haven't tried it so i wouldn't know! however last week, a poster here on BN actually said it's one of his favourite scents---and said it had a floral nature to it in his point of view.....and that was the first positive remarks i've seen on it! so maybe it is an office scent!

I agree with this also - wear whatever you like! Especially at work, a nice fragrance you enjoy can get you through the day. Another way to think of it is that most of your day, and most of your week, is probably spent at work. To NOT wear what you like most of the week is just a waste of all those fragrances you spend time, effort, and money acquiring. I realize some people are self-conscious about other people smelling their fragrance because I used to be this way. I've come to realize that what people in the elevator or hallway think of my SOTD does not concern me.

OK, help me out here, hypothetical situation. I'm in Mount Sinai Hospital awaiting brain surgery in a couple of hours and my surgeon sashays into my private room (thank God) for a little pre-op pep talk wearing 14 shots of Montale's Black Aoud with a layer of 6 shots of SL's Ambre Sultan. Now I'm on an IV containing every possible combination of narcotics to prepare me for a lengthy procedure. My senses are on a downward spiral to practically comatose, including the olfactory one, but my nose hairs are heading to a 5 alarm fire situation. Luckily I have just a little judgment process existing to suppress a comment concerning his sotd. Being somewhat aware the comment might sabotage my good doctor’s positive attitude. How in the world could he/she feel as though something was being “pulled off” on his/hers terrified patient. So I’m a hostage now. What happened to the “do no harm” clause? It seems the good doctor’s arrogance and lack of concern for those about him, especially his/hers patients, has reached an extremely high level.
    I know I’m not in just any old office like real estate, lawyers, or even Home Depot, but an actual hospital where general office decorum is slightly altered, in the best interest of the customers, in this case patients, with severe health problems including olfactory illnesses. But hey, what the hell, let’s try and “pull it off” and damn the torpedoes. This thread has caused me a great deal of distress, so much so I’m considering going to Aedes or Sephora for a brain transplant. At any rate, you all have a very Happy New Year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
    OK, help me out here, hypothetical situation. I'm in Mount Sinai Hospital awaiting brain surgery in a couple of hours and my surgeon sashays into my private room (thank God) for a little pre-op pep talk wearing 14 shots of Montale's Black Aoud with a layer of 6 shots of SL's Ambre Sultan. Now I'm on an IV containing every possible combination of narcotics to prepare me for a lengthy procedure. My senses are on a downward spiral to practically comatose, including the olfactory one, but my nose hairs are heading to a 5 alarm fire situation. Luckily I have just a little judgment process existing to suppress a comment concerning his sotd. Being somewhat aware the comment might sabotage my good doctor’s positive attitude. How in the world could he/she feel as though something was being “pulled off” on his/hers terrified patient. So I’m a hostage now. What happened to the “do no harm” clause? It seems the good doctor’s arrogance and lack of concern for those about him, especially his/hers patients, has reached an extremely high level.
    I know I’m not in just any old office like real estate, lawyers, or even Home Depot, but an actual hospital where general office decorum is slightly altered, in the best interest of the customers, in this case patients, with severe health problems including olfactory illnesses. But hey, what the hell, let’s try and “pull it off” and damn the torpedoes. This thread has caused me a great deal of distress, so much so I’m considering going to Aedes or Sephora for a brain transplant. At any rate, you all have a very Happy New Year.
    14 shots of Black Aoud and 6 shots of Ambre Sultan will probably remove all NEED for an IV narcotic....that's enough to knock everyone out, including the surgeon! LOL!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    I've come to realize that what people in the elevator or hallway think of my SOTD does not concern me.
    you must be one of those Hallway & Elevator Gangstas. i've heard about you type. always causin trouble!

14 shots of Black Aoud and 6 shots of Ambre Sultan will probably remove all NEED for an IV narcotic....that's enough to knock everyone out, including the surgeon! LOL!
    Yes indeedy, no need for an anesthesiologist, just put everybody asleep, patients and staff, creating mass amounts of deaths from respiratory failure and sepsis. HMO's will have a field day.

Habit Rouge is a glorious fragrance, and given that you spend about 40 hours a week in the office, it makes sense to use something special and that you would enjoy. To my mind Habit Rouge makes a perfect office fragrance.

Habit Rouge or nearly ANY scent can be pulled off in an office setting.
    Agreed, too. I see no reason why Habit Rouge wouldn't work as an office scent.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

AromiErotici

No question. HR would work great as an office scent. To me. it's a comfort scent and could work anywhere at any time.

An office environment is not a good place to try out big sillage monsters, heavy florals or animalic musks. Leave Black Aoud, Yatagan, or Parfum d' Habit for your day off or night out.

I worked in an office situation for over 30 years and found that it made sense to wear fragrances that would help ease interpersonal and impersonal communications like you find in an office. You don't want your fragrance to become the center of attention. It doesn't work to wear a fragrance that is too bold, too sexy, or provocative in any way. Habit Rouge - especially the edc version - is the perfect office fragrance. It is crisp, soft, and very reassuring.

When I worked in an office of creative people - art directors, graphic designers, creative directors etc. then you could have fun with fragrances that have a little more inventive personality. The livelier fragrances seem to help the "out of the box" creative atmosphere. But in most office situations you are better off to stay with pleasant citrus, green, fresh, light woods, or light fougere type scents. You want a scent that projects a winning and pleasant personal aura for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    An office environment is not a good place to try out big sillage monsters, heavy florals or animalic musks. Leave Black Aoud, Yatagan, or Parfum d' Habit for your day off or night out.

I worked in an office situation for over 30 years and found that it made sense to wear fragrances that would help ease interpersonal and impersonal communications like you find in an office. You don't want your fragrance to become the center of attention. It doesn't work to wear a fragrance that is too bold, too sexy, or provocative in any way. Habit Rouge - especially the edc version - is the perfect office fragrance. It is crisp, soft, and very reassuring.

When I worked in an office of creative people - art directors, graphic designers, creative directors etc. then you could have fun with fragrances that have a little more inventive personality. The livelier fragrances seem to help the "out of the box" creative atmosphere. But in most office situations you are better off to stay with pleasant citrus, green, fresh, light woods, or light fougere type scents. You want a scent that projects a winning and pleasant personal aura for you.

It is the EDC i have ordered, so it`s very exciting! I Have only tried the EDT version before..

Blog Entries

office life these days is nothing like it was before. only 10% of male office workers wear suits to work now, compared with 60-70% of office employees 30 years ago.

office life has become MUCH more casual than it was in say my father's generation. And along with this, the guidelines have changed completely.

I'm in my early 30s, and my counterparts in their early 60s wear a suit to the same conferences that i wear just a shirt and pants with maybe a sweater.

these days, one can get away with alot more.

I only own the EDT version and I wear it to work quite regularly, although always with a light application.

i haven't tried it so i wouldn't know! however last week, a poster here on BN actually said it's one of his favourite scents---and said it had a floral nature to it in his point of view.....and that was the first positive remarks i've seen on it! so maybe it is an office scent!
    Secretions is meant to shock and it does so in the most revolting way, think gag reflex; people are not meant to smell like that, not at work or anywhere!

On to the topic, HR EDC (the one I own) is great for any occasion including work IMHO.

Great office scent.......if you have the corner office. Or aspire to it.

Yes and No. It depends on where one works. If one has a lot of superiors it usually helps to wear a tie or whatever else the local "uniform" is (jacket & tie/ suit/ smart casual) in order to give the impression of "I'm here to work/ I'm part of the team".

If one is working in a place where everyone is wearing smart casual with a tie, one will look odd showing up in one's nightclubbing best - giving the impression that one would rather be elsewhere.

To me, it's the same sort of thing with scents - fresh ones saying "I'm here to work", heavy orientals saying "I'd rather be partying".

In other words, I equate scent types with clothes types. In some offices it doesn't matter much (like in mine where I have my own office and my boss is 600km away) and in others it does and it may well be in one's long term best interest to stick to generally accepted "office scents".
    Renato

Of course only people experienced with fragrances would draw distinctions like 'fresh is for the office' and 'orientals are for partying'. This is a subjective assessment and there's no reason to assume co-workers would make the same judgment call. To 'the rest of the world' it probably either smells good or doesn't, and it's either too strong or not too strong.

Hey Silverbullet - forget about the Black Aoud, I just want these damn IV drugs you keep talking about. I wish I was an anesthesiologist instead of a lawyer, that's for sure....

I'm really going to have to try the ELO Secretions Magnifique.... I happen to love most fragrances in the line and find that the 'shock value' is somewhat overstated. However some of them, like Putain de Palace really are raunchy as hell. SM is one of three samples I need to have the entire line.

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post

Hey Silverbullet - forget about the Black Aoud, I just want these damn IV drugs you keep talking about. I wish I was an anesthesiologist instead of a lawyer, that's for sure....
    The inventory of IV drugs they administered to me during my left shoulder replacement back in November of 2005 reflects the the last 2 drugs were certainly questionable

Blog Entries

---lol!
    Last edited by everso; 2nd January 2009 at 01:53 AM.

office life these days is nothing like it was before. only 10% of male office workers wear suits to work now, compared with 60-70% of office employees 30 years ago.

office life has become MUCH more casual than it was in say my father's generation. And along with this, the guidelines have changed completely.

I'm in my early 30s, and my counterparts in their early 60s wear a suit to the same conferences that i wear just a shirt and pants with maybe a sweater.

these days, one can get away with alot more.
    Everso - I don't understand the connection you are making of office dress style as it coincides with the type of fragrance you might wear. I don't think that what you wear in clothes necessarily determines the type of fragrance. I worked in an office for 30 years in an executive role and only wore a suit to work if I was going to engage in more formal activities that day. Your idea that the 60 year old guys (which I am one) all wear suits is a bit of a stereotype that doesn't hold up in my experience. But even the suit wearing guys of the "Mad Men" generation of 40 years ago only had a few fragrances to choose from back then. Department stores didn't even have big fragrance departments then. The explosion of niche fragrance choices is a phenomena of the last 10 - 15 years really. I don't think it correlates to wearing a suit. What you wear is more a function of the type of business you are involved in.

I guess people are more willing to express their freedom of expression through their clothing as well as fragrance in today's office environs than they were even 15 years ago. I guess you have a point. Wear whatever you want - let your inner creative expression stand tall. ok.
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 2nd January 2009 at 02:28 AM.

Blog Entries

Everso - I don't understand the connection you are making of office dress style as it coincides with the type of fragrance you might wear.

my post wasn't about what type of clothes people are wearing----the point was about the atmosphere of the workplace, and how it has changed. much more is tolerated now.....than before. alot of things that were frowned upon before are not so anymore. these stem likely to generational differences-------not stereotypes. there are differences in cultural norms between generations----very well documented throughout studies of psychology, sociology, etc....know wot i mean?
    Last edited by everso; 2nd January 2009 at 03:25 AM.