Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Trip Report: Chicago, Sept. 12, 2008

I just wanted to say that I had a good time on the Chi-Cocoa Sensation tour. Being a one of the 3 males, I didn't need much arm twisting to accompany my girlfriend. Being unfamilar with Perfume Posse (hey, I never leave these boards!!!), I was impressed by the ladies' enthusiasm for frags. One of the gals mentioned that she was impressed as to how articulate the Basenotes' reviews were so pat yourself on the back. I'm beginning to think there may be life outside of these boards, but that's going to be our little secret, *wink, wink*.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

Thank you for the great recap! It felt like reading a glossy mag, but with a twist - I was thinking "wish I could have been there" and "oh, I know where they went!" (having just returned from Chicago myself - not something I could have related to so well even a month ago!).

I love Watertower Place

From a sales assistant point of view; I really enjoyed Barneys on my visit. The guys were helpful, fun; still obviously in the business of selling, but chatty and not pushy.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

I had sent an email to friend Otto (retired airport planner and enthusiast of railroads, roller coasters, neon signage, various foodstuffs, and more) about the train fatality on my Chicago-bound route, but gave him no details about why I was traveling that day. He later wrote inquiring about the reason for my travels. I copied my trip report from this thread saying, "No need to read all the blah-blah-blah, but thought you'd be amused by the overall impression." Good soul that he is, he not only read through it all, he shared these observations.

Very interesting. My reaction:
    1. There's a hobby for everyone!
    2. I enjoyed the term "group sniffing expedition". Second place goes to "moist mobile mob". A couple other cute phrases too.
    3. Many of the smells sound nice but a few mentioned also sound tasty.
    4. While scents as a focused interest isn't my thing (I have too many interests already), I found the group's and your enthusiasm for this event very exciting and very familiar. Being passionate about a number of certain things myself, I can well appreciate the enjoyment, atmosphere, and excitement inherent in this day.
    5. It is SO neat to be with other people who share the same intense interest and passion about a particular thing. And as you so well said at the end of your spiel, such a common interest often breaks down boundaries that normally separate people into so many groups.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

What a star your friend is to take the time not only to read the report, but to make those thoughtful comments.

And of course he does have a perfume-related name, if he only knew it...!
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

Thanks for the report. Just in time, too - I'm taking the Megabus to Chicago for a day of shopping Sunday. I'm so glad I found this site (don't know what took me so long). I moved to Milwaukee from Atlanta a couple of years ago and really miss the shopping there. I guess I took for granted having Nordstroms, Saks and Bloomingdales all within a mile of my apartment.