Code of Conduct

Default FYI: New L'Artisan "Aedes de Venustas EdP"

From an email I received earlier:

Close your eyes, and imagine yourself entering a mysteriously beautiful world where the magic of scent stirs the imagination and evokes wondrous dreams. The doors to the temple open, and the intoxicating scent of ancient Japanese incense rushes to envelope you, intertwined with the softness of leather. The sensuality of musk, the honeyed bitterness of strawflowers, and the voluptuous sweetness of precious woods draw you further into the depths of the temple.

Aedes de Venustas, in collaboration with renowned French fragrance house L'Artisan Parfumeur, presents Aedes de Venustas Eau de Parfum.

The spicy and vivacious fragrance, created through the vision and expertise of Bertrand Duchaufour for L'Artisan Parfumeur, retains the woody, Oriental allure of the candle and the room scent, yet includes new facets of spice for sparkle, chypre effect for sophistication, balsam for comfort and leather to compliment and enhance the original fragrance.

Whereas the room spray is a more monolithic scent, meant to be enjoyed in a single harmonic rush of fragrance, the Eau de Parfum evolves on the skin over time, leading the wearer to explore intriguing top notes of bright orange oil, spicy pink pepper, aromatic cardamom and luxurious incense essential oil for a lively, sparkling effect. This is followed by a rich heart of piquant black pepper, rose, iris, verdant cedarwood and incense resinoid, finishing with sophisticated base notes of patchouli, coffee, opoponax, benzoin and treemoss. Everlasting flower, white musk and a hint of vanilla provide a soft and comforting touch. The sophisticated scent vibrates with contrast and excitement, yet comes together in a hypnotic and luxurious harmony, luring you into the seductive landscape of fragrance. Welcome to the temple. Welcome to Aedes!

Available October 2nd 2008!

The bottle is the same shape as a L'Artisan bottle but instead of clear glass it's black with a gold cap.

Default Re: FYI: New L'Artisan "Aedes de Venustas EdP"

I really want to try this but it's hard to find samples of it! I also don't like to see things like this very out of line from the company's normal price points.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

That is a really cool bottle/cap. I had no idea this was being made. I can't wait to sample it when I get home in November! Thanks for the heads up

Agreed on the Bottle + Cap, looks real classy. I don't like the pricing on it though.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Basenotes Institution

I want to try this too, but I'm probably gonna skip on it, since I have my spice/incense threshold filled currently with Serge Noir by Serge Lutens.

Still, it sounds tempting.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 17th September 2008 at 11:21 PM.