Code of Conduct

Default Layering with Mugler Cologne and keeping it ''happening'

I keep falling in and out of love with Mugler Cologne. I am not looking for a replacement, but would be curious to see what success other members have had with layering this extremely pleasant fragrance. I have read it layers well with Polo Green. I have also thought up some possible fusions of my own. Perhaps with Kiton Black or Gucci Envy as both these have vetiver bases which is what MC is supposed to be based on (even though the note isn't mentioned in its constitution.) Any suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Layering with Mugler Cologne and keeping it ''happening'

for good sillage and plus 6 hrs longevity

2 parts guerlain vetiver + 1 part mugler cologne
    2 Gai mattiolo uomo + 1 mugler

these are the only two experiments that came out with flying colors...others were plain disasters

I have so far layered it with A Men and it worked well. I'm thinking of layering it with Fever pour Homme or Eau des Baux.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Thanks for the suggestions. I own Guerlain Vetiver and will try it, but I'm worried that it would completely take over especially by giving it twice the application of MC. Has anyone tried layering it with Kiton Black or something sensual, along those lines? I am also thinking it may go well with A*Men Pure Coffee.

Mugler Cologne is the one fragrance I own that I never wear...it gives me a splitting headache!

Basenotes Institution

Recently someone gave me a bottle of Mugler Cologne Shower Gel. Prior to this, I had never worn MC, so it was a nice way to get introduced to the scent, without having to wear it as my SOTD.

I love it in the shower. I know it's kind of weird to shower with a product that is scented to smell like a shower - but, it works.

I find that the scent of MC lingered lighly on my skin after the shower and did not at all clash with many different scents. I know the fragrance will be more powerful than the shower gel, but I think you really can't go wrong with any combination. IMO, MC is easy to layer.

If I were you, I would layer it with another vetiver fragrance. Or something with incense/smoke.

As Mike said, MC layers well with the heavier fragrances. Light and soapy, or citrus-based, fragrances won't fare well with the layering... but something like Heritage with a light waft of MC would be awesome!

I would like to layer it with something that won't mask or cover it, but instead enhance its notes. Perhaps Envy can work with a greater dosage of MC to Envy? I am also thinking perhaps Encre Noir, again with a much heavy layering of MC.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamchaser View Post
    I have read it layers well with Polo Green.
    It does. It also layers nicely with Farenheit for me. I plan on trying it with Green Irish Tweed and Platinum Egoiste.

I just tried the MC with Polo on top and it's very nice. To my surprise, the MC doesn't get lost, it maintains it's presence and perhaps even dominates for a while. Fascinating. Thanks for the tip.

Are you using the MC and Polo in equal amounts and applying them at the same time or allowing one to dry first?

Has anyone ever tried layering Mugler Cologne with Creed's Original Vetiver? Being that they are supposedly very similar, does it "oomph" up the power and projection of the lovely notes of MC?