Code of Conduct

Default Which website has the best prices on larger decants? & where to find Chanel Egoiste?

Hello again,

I have very little experience buying decants from websites, and I'm wondering which websites have the best prices on larger decants ( 10ml, 15ml, 20ml ). I'm not really familiar with most of the websites that sell decants. In fact, I really only know of The Perfumed Court. I kinda disagree with their prices, though. For example, a 15ml decant of Chanel Egoiste Platinum at TPC costs $29.00........when I can go get a 50ml brand new bottle for $45.00 or a 100ml bottle for $65.00. So, their prices seem a bit excessive. Is there a site that has more reasonable prices on a decent selection of good quality fragrances in larger decants? Thanks!

Jester

PS-- I've like Chanel Egoiste Platinum for years. In fact, I had a bottle of it before my fragrance collection was obliterated. However, I had never smelled the regular Egoiste until yesterday. In fact, I had never even seen it in a store an didn't even know it existed. Well, I noticed people on here talking about it, so I finally smelled it and I absolutely love it, even moreso that the Platinum. So, does anyone know of 1. an online store that sells decants of Chanel Egoiste and/or 2. a store that sells the original Chanel Egoiste for a good price. Thanks!
    Last edited by Jestersinthemoon; 18th September 2008 at 05:06 PM.

Default Re: Which website has the best prices on larger decants?

Quote Originally Posted by Jestersinthemoon View Post
    Hello again,

I have very little experience buying decants from websites, and I'm wondering which websites have the best prices on larger decants ( 10ml, 15ml, 20ml ). I'm not really familiar with most of the websites that sell decants. In fact, I really only know of The Perfumed Court. I kinda disagree with their prices, though. For example, a 15ml decant of Chanel Egoiste Platinum at TPC costs $29.00........when I can go get a 50ml brand new bottle for $45.00 or a 100ml bottle for $65.00. So, their prices seem a bit excessive. Is there a site that has more reasonable prices on a decent selection of good quality fragrances in larger decants? Thanks!

Jester
    On more common items, i.e. Egoiste, TPC doesn't offer a lot of value, but for many obscure items they're frequently the only retailer with stock. I'm not sure if there's any other such online retailer for large decants (though I may be wrong). You'd probably have better luck looking at BNers' sales threads for private (bottle) sales

Even though the prices can be high, I've come to really, really appreciate TPC. I've found that with a large wardrobe rotation, it sometimes make more sense to pay for a large (8ml-15ml) decant instead of buying a bottle. 15ml (1/2oz) will take me though 5-8 wears, which could last a year or more.

Default Re: Which website has the best prices on larger decants?

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    Even though the prices can be high, I've come to really, really appreciate TPC. I've found that with a large wardrobe rotation, it sometimes make more sense to pay for a large (8ml-15ml) decant instead of buying a bottle. 15ml (1/2oz) will take me though 5-8 wears, which could last a year or more.
    Yeah, that makes sense, but considering my situation ( my entire wardrobe being gone ) I'm trying to build back up my once fairly large collection back up from nothing, so anything I get now will be worn pretty often for the time being. Thats why I'm looking for larger decants. I really want to be able to save some money instead of buying whole bottles, but comparing on a per ml basis, it may be cheaper to just buy bottles for stuff like the Egoiste. Also, with all the diificulties that I've gone through, money is scarce, so I'm looking for the best deal possible. Maybe I can find some specials on TPC that I'll like. They really sell a lot of things that I'm not familiar with, so I need to do some research and find a few to try out.

Thanks!

Jester
    Last edited by Jestersinthemoon; 18th September 2008 at 05:02 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Which website has the best prices on larger decants? & where to find Chanel Egois

TPC's prices in general are high when you compare it to normal retail. But thats part and parcel of the business. You cant expect a 50ml bottle to cost 1/2 of what 100ml would cost. There are still a few good prices on TPC, however. Le Labo Rose 31 for example.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Default Re: Which website has the best prices on larger decants? & where to find Chanel Egois

Egoiste is available at Bloomingdales and the Chanel Boutiques. Some online stores have it also but I found it cheaper on ebay when it came time to repurchase that great fragrance.