Code of Conduct

Blog Entries

Default Knize Forest: GOT IT. and a ton of samples

Finally, a 125ml fresh bottle of Knize Forest is MINE!

i didn't put on any fragrance this morning, because i KNEW i was gonna pick up my package at the post office on my way to work. Picked it and there was my Knize Forest, ordered all the way from the UK. It wasn't cheap, $150, but it was well worth it!

this is THE freshest leaf/grass/green scent i've ever had...not sweet like those cheap ones, not synthetic at all, it smells SO natural, like you took a fresh moist leaf----and crushed it up in your hand, and then rubbed the oil on yourself. It is pure class. It's not nearly as strong or as overwhelming as Knize Ten can sometimes be---instead, it's a quiet, natural, subtle, and very very clean smelling green fragrance. The bottle is identical to Knize Ten, aside from the green top and the on-glass labelling. This is the kind of scent that could pretty much appeal to anyone...it's not controversial like Knize Ten, instead it's a very outgoing, even, balanced cascade of pure green. I knew i would love it.....and i DO!

Les Senteurs is where i ordered it from, in the UK....and MAN, they HOOKED ME UP.

they sent me a ton of great samples....many of which original spray atomizer promos...and a couple they made for me.

they sent:
    Frederick Malle French Lover (official 2ml spray sample)
    Frederick Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire (official 2ml spray sample)
    Frederick Malle Angelique Sous La Pluie (official 2ml spray sample)
    Frederick Malle Musc Ravageur (1ml decant)
    Parfum D'Empire Ambre Russe (official 2ml spray)
    Parfum D'Empire Cuir Ottoman (official 2ml spray)
    Parfumerie Generale Bois Blond (1ml decant)
    Parfumerie Generale Cadjmere 18 (1ml decant)

so far i've only tried French Lover and Musc Ravageur...and they're both GREAT. French Lover is absolutely BRILLIANT. Can't wait to try a more extended wearing of it...

i cannot say enough good things about their service. This is the ONLY place that i was able to find Knize Forest and they were able to ship it to the USA....it was expensive for me, BUT well worth it..

and ALL THOSE SAMPLES. i was blown away by how much good stuff they gave me. This is a GREAT shop, and i highly recommend them to anyone.

http://www.lessenteurs.com (tell them Syed, the Knize Forest guy sent yer)

happy day!
    Last edited by everso; 18th September 2008 at 10:49 PM.

Default Re: Knize Forest: GOT IT. and a ton of samples

Lucky guy. I've been curious about this one for a while.
    Enjoy.

___
    Last edited by jrd4t; 24th November 2008 at 02:41 AM.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Hey, your happiness really shines through. I'm wearing some Forest on my arm right now, it is a very fine fougère indeed.
    For all those interested, these are the notes:
    lavender, bergamot, lemon and oregano
    rose, geranium, cedar, musk, labdanum
    amber, tonka bean, sandalwood.

The lavender-citrus-oregano combo builds a wonderful fresh-green accord, the florals round off but don't interfere with the spicy-green focus and the base is elegant and well-behaved. A quiet one compared to its loud brother Ten. To me its a cross between a forest and a barbershop.

btw. if you enjoy this, you'll like bogner's deep forest as well, which is, as the name suggests, darker and deeper. Germans are simply good when it comes to woods and trees
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Can anyone comment on the geranium in this one?
    Would you say as the accords revolve, does it feature at any point?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Hey, your happiness really shines through. I'm wearing some Forest on my arm right now, it is a very fine fougère indeed.
    For all those interested, these are the notes:
    lavender, bergamot, lemon and oregano
    rose, geranium, cedar, musk, labdanum
    amber, tonka bean, sandalwood.

The lavender-citrus-oregano combo builds a wonderful fresh-green accord, the florals round off but don't interfere with the spicy-green focus and the base is elegant and well-behaved. A quiet one compared to its loud brother Ten. To me its a cross between a forest and a barbershop.

btw. if you enjoy this, you'll like bogner's deep forest as well, which is, as the name suggests, darker and deeper. Germans are simply good when it comes to woods and trees
    HMM, i'll have to test out that Bogner's stuff...sounds interesting.

it's funny that i don't really pick up most of those notes...YET. I've been wearing it all day, and i just find myself in a storm of quiet, natural green. Don't find any musk in it....no tonka bean....no real amber or sandalwood either....for me, it stays a pretty constant green. i do find the Oregano touch, as well as the very light lavender...and i think there is a bit of cedar and labdanum thrown in the mix...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Can anyone comment on the geranium in this one?
    Would you say as the accords revolve, does it feature at any point?
    there is a constant, subtle flower accord which seems to feature geranium...but it's definitely not an overpowering tone...or one that can be distinctly pointed out at any given point of time in wearing it.

the whole scent is very quiet and subtle.....it just sort of glides on green...and then stays there, roaming around freely. I think this one creates more of an atmosphere, rather than pokes its head out around the corner...if yer know what i mean.

i was gonna say Lucky you and then i saw the bill of $150...wow! pun aside! i can see your love for Cuiron is diminishing and its all Knize Knize and more Knize!! ...knize this and knize that...i'm sure you are working on a single called Knize by now

cheers m8! keep it coming!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    i was gonna say Lucky you and then i saw the bill of $150...wow! pun aside! i can see your love for Cuiron is diminishing and its all Knize Knize and more Knize!! ...knize this and knize that...i'm sure you are working on a single called Knize by now

cheers m8! keep it coming!
    i find Knize stuff to be SO SO classy....so natural, unaffected by modern 'synthetic' trends....it is the opposite to almost every other fragrance i've ever smelled.

I love scents like Cuiron....in a different way---in a practical way. But when i smell Knize, it smells like something prepared with alot of care, special ingredients, attention to detail, and with an idea of what CLASS really is....

i am really impressed. and yes....Knize is definitely my favourite perfume house.....AHEM, unless Helmut Lang comes back into action and starts making stuff.
    again.

cheers, man!

Congratulations, my friend. Welcome to the club. I knew you'd like it.
    And since you obviously are so discriminating, I'm not surprised you like French Lover. Here in Canada (indeed I think North America) it is called Bois D'Orage.
    If you can try Armani Prive Bois D'Encens that is in the same sort of style as the Malle. It is worth comparing... or owning both!!
    Cheers.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post
    there is a constant, subtle flower accord which seems to feature geranium...but it's definitely not an overpowering tone...or one that can be distinctly pointed out at any given point of time in wearing it.

the whole scent is very quiet and subtle.....it just sort of glides on green...and then stays there, roaming around freely. I think this one creates more of an atmosphere, rather than pokes its head out around the corner...if yer know what i mean.
    Ok, cheers for the info everso... I might track down a sample of this sometime.

Smile Re: Knize Forest: GOT IT. and a ton of samples

Congratulations. I am glad you like it cause it is very very good and very classy
    But i think that it was expensive ( LES SENTEURS are very expensive )
    Next time you could buy from www.ausliebezumduft.de
    They sell KNIZE FOREST for € 60,00.
    Enjoy it and have a nice week.
    end

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERTO View Post
    Congratulations. I am glad you like it cause it is very very good and very classy
    But i think that it was expensive ( LES SENTEURS are very expensive )
    Next time you could buy from www.ausliebezumduft.de
    They sell KNIZE FOREST for € 60,00.
    Enjoy it and have a nice week.
    end
    They charge €75 for the 125ml (the price you quoted is per 100ml, though they dont actually release it in 100ml).
    A good saving nonetheless.
    Ive shopped with ausliebezumduft many times and can only sing its praises.

I recollect in October last year having each of the three Knize scents sprayed on my wrists and agonising for two hours over which one I should get - the Forrest or Ten. Finally I decided on the Forrest, but when I walked back into the shop and went and opened my mouth "Knize Ten" came out, so I went with that one.

It's a classy selection you've made.
    Renato

They charge €75 for the 125ml (the price you quoted is per 100ml, though they dont actually release it in 100ml).
    A good saving nonetheless.
    Ive shopped with ausliebezumduft many times and can only sing its praises.
    Actually, the best Knize buys are here but I do not know wether they ship outside Germany.

What I want to know is where to get Knize Two.
    Last edited by the_good_life; 19th September 2008 at 12:14 PM.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Blog Entries

trust me guys...i DID my research before ordering this.

First In Fragrance from DE does have the fragrance for 75 euro i believe? But they also charge 28 euro for shipping, which would make the total about 105 euros or something......which makes it just as expensive as Les Senteurs.....and Les Senteurs sent me a sh*tload of samples and stuff, which made the deal even sweeter! Remember that you do get the VAT removed from Les Senteurs as well if you live in the US.

Jebe.de said that they don't normally ship to the US. They were not very good at answering my emails, maybe they didn't understand my english emails very well....

glad to see there are other fans of Knize Forest in this thread! right on. Renato...i don't blame you for opening your mouth as "KNIZE TEN" that day....Knize Ten is a powerful, unique fragrance----whereas Knize Forest is less immediate, more quiet, but just as classy IMO. Maybe next time.

NOW. my hunt for Knize Two and Knize Sec begins!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    Congratulations, my friend. Welcome to the club. I knew you'd like it.
    And since you obviously are so discriminating, I'm not surprised you like French Lover. Here in Canada (indeed I think North America) it is called Bois D'Orage.
    If you can try Armani Prive Bois D'Encens that is in the same sort of style as the Malle. It is worth comparing... or owning both!!
    Cheers.
    yep, finally!

and yeah, i'm really impressed by French Lover. It's not the most unique scent ever...but really well made, and very masculine.

cheers for your guidance while buying Forest!

Knize forest is very nice, not as foresty (woody) as I was expecting but still a fine green with a little whiff of GIT in there, herbs, mild florals and a gentle sandalwood.

I think you got very lucky there. Les Scenteurs are very fickle with their samples, I have bought £220 flacons of creed and got no samples before. Very irritating. Their prices are also very high and customer service is often poor in my experience. I always buy somewhere else unless it is something which only they carry.

First-in-fragrance are pricey too but always come through with the service and thoughtful samples.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

I had a very nice experience with Les Senteurs. I had some back-and-forth by email, and then placed my order by phone. They were very friendly and gave me all the samples I asked for. I bought something on sale, and the free samples essentially paid for the shipping. I'm satisfied with them.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    I had a very nice experience with Les Senteurs. I had some back-and-forth by email, and then placed my order by phone. They were very friendly and gave me all the samples I asked for. I bought something on sale, and the free samples essentially paid for the shipping. I'm satisfied with them.
    definitely.

Knize Forest is great. I've worn it straight for the past few days......today i layered it on top of Rive Gauche...and created this magical forest barbershop. LOL.

yesterday, i combined a bit of Forest and Knize Ten....and it was great! i think the Knizes mix together quite well.

I REALLY NEED to find Knize Two and Knize Sec.

if anyone can help me, PM me.
    Last edited by everso; 20th September 2008 at 09:53 PM.

My Italian is shocking, but perhaps you can shoot an email off to these chaps:

http://www.cale.it/marchi.asp

Good luck!

AromiErotici

Since I am truly Euro-ignorant, could someone explain the $$$ conversion table to me.

$10 USD = approx €6.9

AromiErotici

$10 USD = approx €6.9
    Thank you sir.

There is a 125 ml bottle available for 30 Euros(Buy It Now),plus 5 Euros for shipping within Italy.
    Since I have Bogner's Deep Forest (which is indeed very good) I am not tempted by the low price.No more blind buys,for a while.
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

everso, do you like the knize or the french lover better? thanks!

This Sh** stinks. Give me a Creed any day

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    This Sh** stinks. Give me a Creed any day
    LOL!

discovolante: that's a really good deal on Forest, man....someone should pick that one up. I would but i'm saving money for 'other' Knize scents at the moment....

scentologist: French Lover is a solid scent...but doesn't really compare to Knize Forest in any way really....totally different fragrances, so i can't compare them. Needless to say, i love Knize scents more than nearly any other.....so i'd take the Knize over it

im trying get a decant
    or sample of this
    anyone
    ?