Code of Conduct

Default My new blind buys (bill) has me trembling & cold.....is there a Doctor in here!!

i just brought Amouge Jubilation XXV (limited edition, 30ml), Havana Reserva edt concentree (1.7oz) & Ungaro II (2.5oz)...all from beautyencounter...and based on it's popularity here....now tht the deed is done...im lookin at my bill now and it has me ya..some like tht....cud someone please tell me i made the right choices...

I was surpised to see everso's thread after i made this purchase! in similar lines...
    Last edited by jenson; 18th September 2008 at 11:16 PM.

Default Re: My new blind buys (bill) has me trembling & cold.....is there a Doctor in here!!

I got away from blind buys as much as possible. Since scent is such a subjective thing, I found myself wasting far too much money. I tend to order small samples of fragrances I am considering. Good luck, and BTW, I haven't tested any of the ones you list.

Default Re: My new blind buys (bill) has me trembling & cold.....is there a Doctor in here!!

oh..the things this site does to you....this site is like tht space ship in Event Horizon...it makes you do certain things you wont otherwise do...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    i just brought Amouge Jubilation XXV (limited edition, 30ml), Havana reserva edt concentree (1.7oz) & Ungaro II (2.5oz)...all from beautyencounter...and based on it's popularity here....now tht the deed is done...im lookin at my bill now and it has me ya..some like tht....cud someone please tell me i made the right choices...

I was surpised to see everso's thread after i made this purchase! in similar lines...
    well you're lucky---i'm a doctor. and i can already tell you are SICK! sick i tell ya!

as for your choices...i haven't tried any of those, but i hope they're good maaaan! I've heard good things about all of em though.
    Last edited by everso; 18th September 2008 at 11:14 PM.

btw guys...who composed Ungaro II?
    Last edited by jenson; 18th September 2008 at 11:21 PM.

I don't know but its friggin swesome !!!
    better than III & the original

Havana Reserva is my favorite scent of all time, so I think you got a good one there....

I'm sure you'll report back to us with your findings...

Well, I'm not a doctor but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night........
    and I say you got 3 winners!
    I love all of them. Ungaro II is big on civet, I hope you like that one. I think the nose is Jacques Polge hence the similarity to Tiffany For Men and Chanel PMC, (less sweetness thankfully) and the Chanel like quality. I can't seem to clarify that on Now Smell This or anywhere on the net at the moment. I hope someone chimes in to clarify.
    Now it's time to check into the clinic... :-)
    Please give us your impressions!

Post Re: My new blind buys (bill) has me trembling & cold.....is there a Doctor in here!!

Dr. Ron here. Take 3 sprays, and call me in the morning!
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

I don't think you have anything to worry about, Jenson. Those are all great fragrances!

If you love civet, then Ungaro II is one of the very best. Jubilation XXV is a knockout. Havana Reserva is a heady, complex masterpiece.

Money well spent, I'd say.

BTW, Francois Demachy composed Ungaro I. So if Polge didn't have a hand in Ungaro II, it may have been Demachy. But like evogel I cannot verify the nose for Ungaro II.

noggs
    Last edited by noggs; 19th September 2008 at 04:20 AM.

Wonderful purchases mate

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

I order samples or minis first - if I they're readily available - but sometimes they're not. My Havana Reserva blind buy from BE came a couple days ago and I wore it yesterday (I later on had on something else 'tis true). It's getting cooler by the day here and I thought HR started out slightly "powdery" - which surprised me. I suspect it'll work well in the summer or a warm climate. I went to the gym later on and when I started sweating, a new personality of the Havana emerged that I thought was rather delicious - not in the 'foody' sense. I hope you'll like it.

It would be interesting to get a report on the Ungaro II. There's been a rather fascinating thread going on Ungaro III currently which you've probably noticed.?
    Last edited by Delmar; 19th September 2008 at 07:21 AM.

Thanks very much for the encouraging words freinds, i feel much better..

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    I'm sure you'll report back to us with your findings...

brother... tht sounded more like "you are going to torture us with your rantings anyways"

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    oh..the things this site does to you....this site is like tht space ship in Event Horizon...it makes you do certain things you wont otherwise do...
    Reading about a fragrance-related connection to Event Horizon is just another reason I love Basenotes.

Don't worry, I bought Jubilation XXV also blind recently, from e-bay and I love it. The only thing you'll regret is that the bottle isn't bigger.

I think you made some very good purchases (even though they're not to my tastes). I'm sure you'll be fine with them. Anyway, there's always the sales thread where you'll have no trouble selling them.

As for your blind buys, the way I see it, most Basenoters go through this phase. It's just a question of how long that phase lasts for. I no longer buy blind as I found that most of the time I was left disappointed. I'm sure this phase will soon pass but not until you've acquired a stack of bottles you no longer want. It's only when your dissatisfaction for blind buys outweigh the damage you're inflicting on your bank account that you start taking stock.

Until you reach that point (if it ever comes) just enjoy the ride for now...

I got a sample of Ungaro 1 & 2 the other day, and to be honest, Ungaro 2 smells like indian food to me.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

I have over 2 dozen blind buys, so I know what you're talking about. But now, for the first time, I'm waiting on a bunch of samples I just ordered. Really though, buying samples is just another form of the same obsession. Either way, you end up spending too much. End of story.

Jenson, the Amouage you picked up is really beautiful, it is probably my favorite scent at the moment. You got a good deal, it is worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    I got a sample of Ungaro 1 & 2 the other day, and to be honest, Ungaro 2 smells like indian food to me.

its tht good eh!

indian food with Civet...hmmm... Roar!

MY GOD!

the title of the thread almost gave me a panic attack [sweating] deep breaths again, again, the klonolpin goes under the tongue or if you can get a doctor to write the script get the ones that dissolve on your tongue

acquiring eau de toilettes is not a sport, it's more akin to hunting. I believe that studys will show that getting that perfect smell in the den upon ourselves and with our clan, cult, group, et al will be seen as a very primitive need to identify ourselves. Or Not.

You won't need a nose where we're going.

Well, I've done a ton of blind buys so I'm a brother in arms on this one. Luckily all 3 of those can probably be onloaded on BN or ebay for little to no lose and most likely a decent gain if you sit on the Reserva for a year or so.

Hell, if you don't like reserva I'd be happy to trade some things with you!

If you really like Ungaro 2, I suggest grabbing a bottle of Tristano before it's too expensive. I prefer it to U2.

i recently read a thread on Discontinued frags and whether its really worth th admiration/accolades it gets....this is an wild attempt to find out if there any truth.. i cud have done with samples too ( i already have some 70+ samples coming in and already sitting on some 50)...but the reviews on BN inspired me to go for these....bit of snoberry and child like curiosity emptied up my wallet....ah well..its in days like these i feel..my life would been so different hadnt it been for Basenotes....i wud have saved lotta money

like some say, it wont be difficult to sell these ...so it s ok i guess.
    Last edited by jenson; 21st September 2008 at 07:41 AM.