Code of Conduct

Default New Polo Modern Reserve

Has anybody tried this one yet? The notes sound very nice.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...dPaginate=true
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 19th September 2008 at 02:25 PM.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: New Polo Modern Reserve

I don't think it is out yet, but I am dying to try it! But if Sephora has it on their website (out of stock), it usually means that it will be in stores very soon.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I'd be willing to give it a go to see if it works better for me than the original Polo. I love it -- but not on my skin. It ends up smelling like a dirty ashtray.
    Life is a banquet...and I got botulism! -- Me

Jock,
    This must be a mass-hallucination inspired by L. Ron Hubbard, that toad!
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

They have substituted the tobacco with vetyver/leather, so maybe no ashtray with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post

Sounds nice. Can't wait until Sephora gets it in.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

I'll buy it, no question.

The chamomile has been replaced with cardamom in the top (that is good IMO)....and then creamy sueded leather and deep woods in the base? I think I am getting excited (shifts in his chair).

sounds Sssssmokin!~

It's a limited edition, right? So it won't be available in Germany.

I too will buy this one. That is after testing however but I will still make the purchase regardless of my trial. Polo was one of my first scents and I was recently telling someone that RL should release a modern version of the original. Like others I hate when a scent is modernized but to release something like this while maintaining the original is great. I thought that Polo Platinum would have been a good name for such a release but I like Modern Reserve. It keeps with the tradition of the brand.

Wow, the list of notes sound really good. Incense, basil, CO2, etc.... I love the original Polo green, but it's not something I'd wear (smells like dank soil) so this might be a nice alternative. This ones sounds like it's worth a test.

The chamomile has been replaced with cardamom in the top (that is good IMO)....and then creamy sueded leather and deep woods in the base? I think I am getting excited (shifts in his chair).
    Cardamom....this makes me wonder how closely this will resemble Polo Double Black. PDB is heavy on the cardamom from what I remember.

Hmmm.........

You guys got me all excited about this. I have always liked the original Polo but it smelled way too 80's for me to wear. I hope this isn't the same way. Does anyone know when this will be released?
    Last edited by Maz24; 20th September 2008 at 06:49 AM.

Last edited by Scentologist; 20th September 2008 at 04:26 PM. Reason: opps

Sur la Plage

I looked in my local Sephora last night. It wasn't there yet.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I will buy this blind if need be. It sounds like the Polo rendition that we've all be waiting for. I must have this! Thanks JWS for bringing it to our attention. I am now calling my local sephora to see if it is in stock!

*update*

I just checked with sephora and it is not yet available. I called Polo.com and they said it would be available anytime between the end of the month until october. What I didn't know is that polo blue was pulled from the market back in january and no stores have been allowed to sell it. I was also told that on polo.com, the original polo green and Lauren is going to be permanently pulled from their offerings to make way for new things such as the polo modern reserve. I was also told that around the holidays, the will bring back polo blue and perhaps some others. Please, I was only told this and you may want to investigate further to check for accuracy of information.
    Last edited by Scentologist; 20th September 2008 at 04:40 PM.

I really don't think Polo Green will be pulled from the market - I also find it hard for Blue which is a big seller along side Aqua Di Gio.

Scentimus, I feel the same way and my ears found it hard to believe what they were hearing but, that was the take home message. Time will tell. I am soooo excited about this new release though. I will be getting it the moment it hits without question. I just hope the full range in launched along with it.

I saw Polo (green) and Blue in my local mall, in one of the department stores but I can't remember which one.

I want to get excited....I really do.

Best,

Otto
    Giving Life My All And Improving Every Day

This sounds interesting. I always liked Polo but it was too dated/indentifiable and even worse, it's the only cologne that makes my skin break out in red patches. I'll definitely be trying this. I wish they'd bring back Polo Crest while they're at it.

It would be nice if they brought back MONOGRAM,too!
    Last edited by graffham; 21st September 2008 at 03:04 AM.
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    This sounds interesting. I always liked Polo but it was too dated/indentifiable and even worse, it's the only cologne that makes my skin break out in red patches. I'll definitely be trying this. I wish they'd bring back Polo Crest while they're at it.
    The first time I wore it I applied too much to my chest and it took about a week for the itching and redness to dissipate. I even ended up buying a couple of anti-itch lotions.

The other issues don't bother me in the least.

I love the original Polo, so if they exchange just a couple of the ingredients with ones that don't change the essence of the fragrance too much...this one should be a modern classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubert View Post
    It's a limited edition, right? So it won't be available in Germany.
    Where did you read that?

I can't wait to try this.
    Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostapha View Post
    Where did you read that?

I can't wait to try this.
    http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...ategoryId=1164

Just got back from Sephora. What nice people! (the SA sat there and manually sprayed 3 samples into mini atomizers for me 1 TdH, 1 Aqva, 1 Burberry London) mght be common practice there but new to me :-)

I asked about the "new Polo" Modern something I asked, she never heard of it but got on her headset and word came back - "about a week". So thats all I know and it may be optimistic at that.

This was mentioned in one of the articles in October 2008 Details magazine (Grooming Guide). It has a price tag of $200. I'm not sure what bottle size this refers to but however I look at it, it sounds outrageous.\

EDIT: It must have been a mistake as Sephora's website says $62.50
    Last edited by lsp_NY; 27th September 2008 at 05:04 PM.