Code of Conduct

Default Has Hamptons been reformulated at all?

It may just be me, but I swear that a couple of the newer bottles that I've purchased in the last few month have a very slight difference in the top notes than it used to. I know I did hear that awhile back Hamptons wasn't available at retail stores because of some reconfiguring it was going through...this is according to Bond No. 9, but they assured me that the formulation hadn't changed...sometimes simply the manufacturing process gets a little backed up or sometimes they may have to make a change to the cap or something cosmetic like that... I just wanted to see if anyone else has noticed. I did pick up a bottle from a local luxury boutique yesterday and it has the original smell...which i love so much. the newer ones which I had ordered from Saks, like I said are really the same...but I really thought I detected a small change in the opening notes.. not much, though.

Default Re: Has Hamptons been reformulated at all?

I thought you answered this question when you spoke with the Bond rep you mentioned in this previous Hamptons thread?
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=211790

I also spoke to one after you posted that, and they assured me it was not changed. The differences you may be smelling might just be age, condition, or possible variation across batches.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Default Re: Has Hamptons been reformulated at all?

Yeah you are right... I thought that I had but I couldn't find it. It was a very minor difference so it probably indeed hasn't.. probably is just age or something perhaps..