Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Has anyone tried Chanel No. 5 Eau Première yet?

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    on first application, it reminded me of the body cream,
    You are not the only one who's mentioned this. The SA at Saks told me that it reminded her of the body product of Chanel No. 5, I think it's called Body Sensuelle Lotion or something like that. It's like they took the accord from the ancillary products, and bottled it as a fragrance.

I want a bottle for Christmas!

The recent re-release is not as sweet and is a bit more lemony than the first release.

I just bought Eau Premier this week and wore it for the first time yesterday. I do like it alot but my initial impression is that it smells exactly like the Collection Seduction Body Oil that they used to have in the large 400ml bottles. It also smells a lot like the No. 5 Collection Seduction Velvet Body Cream. I don't find Eau Premier to be long lasting on my skin. If you're short on cash and can find the Body Oil in the 400ml bottle it's probably the better purchase as the scent is quite lasting and strong.

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    I am almost embarrassed to say, the eau premiere reminded me of those little orange baby aspirins from when I was quite small.
    I got that too - a bit of orange flavored St. Joseph's Baby Aspirin. But I thought it developed into something soft and elegant. I also like No. 5 Sensual Elixir, but I think I like this one a little more.

I was handed a tester strip the other day, and I was quite impressed with it. To my nose, I don't think they tinkered too much with it, strange how I didn't pick up the more citrus aspects of it, but to my nose it smells smoother, less aldehydes, and half an octave lighter, and the masculine notes at the base have been cut (compared to the normal EdP), but nonetheless, unmistakably No. 5, but prettier! No blasphemy done to the fragrance at all. Very well done.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!