Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Joop City - Melbourne, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    How can you like the gel but not the scent - it's the same stuff, just toned down a bit. Perhaps you'd like it more if you used the spray in the air and walk through technique, which tones it down.
    Renato
    The shower gel smells warm and caramel like with a slight hint of vanilla. The scent is sickly sweet, overpowering, and rather too feminine on me... maybe it's a matter of skin chemistry.
    A

Newbie discovering the wonderful world of perfume

Looking for; http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=210771
    and
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=214089

Hey Renato ...
    Its all fresh air here west of the Blue Mts near Mt Panorama , & I mean really crisp & clean !
    Even Joop doesn't stand a chance here !! .. with only the occasional whiff of kangaroo or koala dung if your in the wrong spot .

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    Hey Renato ...
    Its all fresh air here west of the Blue Mts near Mt Panorama , & I mean really crisp & clean !
    Even Joop doesn't stand a chance here !! .. with only the occasional whiff of kangaroo or koala dung if your in the wrong spot .
    I've been through there a few times when I went to Lithgow in the middle of winter. "Crisp & Clean" is an understatement.
    Renato

No, yours would be pretty much the same experience as mine until our recent Joop sale.
    Renato
    I did have a guy tell me I smelled like cigar smoke 3 weeks ago ( I was wearing Burberry London )

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    I did have a guy tell me I smelled like cigar smoke 3 weeks ago ( I was wearing Burberry London )
    Unfortunately, it's our bane to have to deal with the olfactorily challenged.

Talking of which, there was some seminar in the ground floor of my work place today - and I'm pretty sure it was only one guy - but his Joop pervaded the entire place (entrance/corridor/eating area/ toilet area).

I liked Joop till about two days ago, but now it's starting to get on my nerves.
    Renato

I can imagine how seedy, greasy guys in a nightclub wearing Joop! Homme would give it a bad name. I think I'd go off it too!

... but lucky I'm not a nightclub dweller - and I don't smell it on many men, so I love it! It has the best sillage!
    It's been a long hot Summer in Sydney, looking forward to Winter & wearing vanilla fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by KeLLsTar View Post
    I can imagine how seedy, greasy guys in a nightclub wearing Joop! Homme would give it a bad name. I think I'd go off it too!

... but lucky I'm not a nightclub dweller - and I don't smell it on many men, so I love it! It has the best sillage!
    The opinion I got from my female friend (who used to frequent those venues a lot) wasn't about the guys wearing Joop being seedy or greasy, rather that it was just that Joop Homme had been so done to death in that environment.
    Renato

Smile Re: Joop City - Melbourne, Australia

Let's see the glass as half-full. Right next to the Joop monster on the shelve I was able to pick up Fahrenheit for $40AUD. It's true that some fragrances should be worn in moderation if at all :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jathanas View Post
    Let's see the glass as half-full. Right next to the Joop monster on the shelve I was able to pick up Fahrenheit for $40AUD. It's true that some fragrances should be worn in moderation if at all :-)
    If that was a 100ml bottle of Fahrenheit, congratulations - you've equalled the cheapest price I've ever seen for it down here. I picked up plastic 50ml travel bottles of it for $20 each, many years ago.
    Renato

Everyone may make fun of it - here - but I've observed too many women checking it out in stores, getting very pleasant looks on their faces, and paying full price for it for their men.

Women who frequent nightclubs may well and truly be heartily sick of it, but I suspect that the rest remain very vulnerable to its charm. It would be foolish to ignore it as part of an effective arsenal.
    Renato
    Oh yes. I love the stuff.
    Although now, I tend to associate it with my brother, since it's his sig. It's my own fault, as I bought him his first bottle.
    Still smells good though.
    Last edited by leffleur; 25th September 2008 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leffleur View Post
    Oh yes. I love the stuff.
    Although now, I tend to associate it with my brother, since it's his sig. It's my own fault, as I bought him his first bottle.
    Still smells good though.
    Look at the bright side.
    It increases your chances of one day getting a more like minded and agreeable sister-in-law.
    Renato