Code of Conduct

Default The One to replace Acqua di Gio (Versace PH)

....is Versace Pour Homme! This is not a thread to write a review which I might do later. However, this is a wonderful fragrance that is fresh and exciting. I cannot believe that Versace finally came out with a winner but what more miraculous is that this could very well corner the market as the new sensation. It is a thousand times more magnetic than ADG. The shower gel and deodorant stick is wonderful. Every morning that I get in the shower, I ask myself what smells so dam good and it is the residual scent on my loofa from Versace PH. Department store or not, this is a winner and I urge you to give it a try, you just might like it!
    Last edited by Scentologist; 20th September 2008 at 08:24 PM.

Default Re: The One to replace Acqua di Gio (Versace PH)

yeah,versace ph is very nice but i HOPE its not gonna become a ´replacement for aqua di gio.
    first of all i find it way better than AdG but more important i dont want a good scent to be worn by 99 % of male population.
    has happened to AdG and le male and both of wich im so sick of smelling at every corner of the streets that its a pity.
    no arguing about the fact that its a great frag tho

A friend of mine wore the new Versace yesterday. I asked him if he was wearing Acqua di Gio. To me it smells very similar.

Well, similar but different. It is a fresh, attractive scent but I wouldn't say it is a marine like ADG. To my nose, they are completely different. The only clone of ADG that I can think of is light blue by DG. Versace PH is perhaps the only that has come along to seriously compete and surpass with ADG in the "fresh" genre. I prefer it to ADG hands down. Not every one will but according to my recent polling by taking stratified samples, i.e. asking different stores in different states, it has been selling like hot cakes and every woman I have asked their opinion, prefer it to anything else at the counter (with the exception of the annoying vendor reps).

I'm not a fan of aquatics generally, but I think the best replacement for ADG could be Aqua Bvlgari. Also Versace Pour Homme is a quality scent IMO. I consider it a better done Allure Homme Sport.
    " Human beings are members of a whole,
    In creation of one essence and soul.

If one member is afflicted with pain,
    Other members uneasy will remain.

If you have no sympathy for human pain,
    The name of human you cannot retain."

Saadi (13th Century Persian Poet)

Versace PH smells like a smoother, less peppery version of AdG. I prefer it to AdG, but only slightly. I won't be purchasing it, however, as I already have a large bottle of AdG.

Bulgari Aqua smells very different than these to my nose. It isn't citrusy at all, and actually smells like water from the ocean.

Versace Pour Homme is so nice to wear and has very good longevity. It is my current default office and casual frag. On days when I don't want to smell like a cypress sauna, leather handbag, or freshly turned wet dirt, I reach for it.

I hope it doesn't replace ADG as it is good that ADG is the scent worn by so many as it really isn't that great of a scent so I am not encouraged to be like everyone else.........I agree with the posters who said Versace Pour Homme is like Allure Homme Sport. Two great scents in my mind unlike ADG which is average.

I sprayed some on at Sephora last Thursday.

At first, it smells a lot like Gio but after about an hour it dries down to a richer, more attractive base.

To be blunt, I disliked the first impression, but I liked the drydown.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    ....is Versace Pour Homme! This is not a thread to write a review which I might do later. However, this is a wonderful fragrance that is fresh and exciting. I cannot believe that Versace finally came out with a winner but what more miraculous is that this could very well corner the market as the new sensation. It is a thousand times more magnetic than ADG. The shower gel and deodorant stick is wonderful. Every morning that I get in the shower, I ask myself what smells so dam good and it is the residual scent on my loofa from Versace PH. Department store or not, this is a winner and I urge you to give it a try, you just might like it!
    There has been a few threads on this one and I have made the same comments in each...as I will here. The reason I LOVE this scent is that it isn't an aqua and it isn't a spicey bomb. Its classy and subtle and starts with some sitrus but becomes much more refined and nice. It is a work scent, it is a romantic date scent, it is a Summer, Spring, Fall or Winter scent. The SA that talk to me all the time said it fits me perfectly. I really think more people need to experience the whole thing and not just the beginning. As for comapriosns, I don't see it being AdG at all and Bulgari Aqua, another fave of mine, is much saltier, spicier.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 22nd September 2008 at 01:23 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    Versace Pour Homme is so nice to wear and has very good longevity. It is my current default office and casual frag. On days when I don't want to smell like a cypress sauna, leather handbag, or freshly turned wet dirt, I reach for it.
    I'm not very used to Versace frags, so the PH in the thread title is actually Pour Homme? Just in Case I can't find Versace PH the stores

Allure Edition Blanche is my Aqua di Gio replacement, but I'll give that one a try. Not very pleased with the Versace house myself.

WOW! 2 year old thread bump!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaheen View Post
    WOW! 2 year old thread bump!
    Lol, I just noticed, and I was thinking Versace PH is kinda..old?

I don't love it like I used to, but I still think it's one of the better fresh scents around.

I guess I'm just not in the mood for such a scent as often anymore. I often find myself grabbing Givenchy Play as my go-to casual scent as I think it's just as versatile as Versace PH, but softer, smoother, and less synthetic smelling. Versace PH actually has too much longevity, as far as I'm concerned. It smells almost as if I've just applied it (strength-wise) nearly 8 hours later. Wowza!

I still do enjoy it though, and do find it more mature, sophisticated, and all around enjoyable than Acqua di Gio!
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 17th September 2010 at 05:25 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Great cologne by Versace.

lol just noticed its 2 year old thread. I'm a fan of ADG so when I saw this thread I thought wow better get VPH! Anything new out there that's better than ADG and VPH?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffa View Post
    lol just noticed its 2 year old thread. I'm a fan of ADG so when I saw this thread I thought wow better get VPH! Anything new out there that's better than ADG and VPH?
    Allure Sport/Edition Blanche! I honestly find it resembling to AdG minus the aquatic part. Better quality and longevity as well.