Code of Conduct

Default Guerlain's Nahéma

Any of you guys wear Nahéma (rose, peach, tonka, vanilla)? I'd like to have a real Guerlain rose in my collection, and in the beginning I dismissed Nahéma as being too fruity-floral à la Trésor, but - typically - the more I wear it, the more it intrigues me. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Guerlain's Nahéma

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guerlain View Post
    Any of you guys wear Nahéma (rose, peach, tonka, vanilla)? I'd like to have a real Guerlain rose in my collection, and in the beginning I dismissed Nahéma as being too fruity-floral à la Trésor, but - typically - the more I wear it, the more it intrigues me. Any feedback would be appreciated.
    I have it and have worn it a few times. It is a beautiful rose scent, and I don't think the peach is too prominent. I think the hyacinth in this is a very good blender for the other notes, as are the lilac and muguet.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

You guys have me curious about Nahema now. I've actually never really considered trying it out, even though I love to use a whole range of Guerlain fragrances. I suppose it's because I never really hear much talk about it.

I think I'll have to keep Nahema in mind to test in the near future
    Where once there was no scents to it all, now the world opens before me!

Basenotes Institution

I remember it being wildly 'feminine' on my skin, but it's been a while since I tested it - maybe my threshold for florals has increased and I could wear it comfortably now.

What about Rose Barbare, Ulrik? Or the discontinued Rose Magnifica (Aqua Allegoria)?
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 21st September 2008 at 04:43 PM.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Mike, I also considered those two, though I haven't tried them. Problem is: Nahéma is THE rose of Guerlain. I have a vial that I've used four days now. It's strange: First day was very Trésor-feminine, next day it was tonka and vanilla (à la Jicky) I noticed, third day more the bergamot and hyacinth (à la Chamade), and today the whole blend. Problem is: I get used to the feminine Guerlains really quickly, and I'm afraid my surroundings will hate me smelling like Catherine Deneuve...

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I remember it being wildly 'feminine' on my skin, but it's been a while since I tested it - maybe my threshold for florals has increased and I could wear it comfortably now.

What about Rose Barbare, Ulrik? Or the discontinued Rose Magnifica (Aqua Allegoria)?

Nahema is very feminine IMO, reminding me of dried apricot or peach, but then I can't know how it goes with male skin.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guerlain View Post
    Mike, I also considered those two, though I haven't tried them. Problem is: Nahéma is THE rose of Guerlain. I have a vial that I've used four days now. It's strange: First day was very Trésor-feminine, next day it was tonka and vanilla (à la Jicky) I noticed, third day more the bergamot and hyacinth (à la Chamade), and today the whole blend. Problem is: I get used to the feminine Guerlains really quickly, and I'm afraid my surroundings will hate me smelling like Catherine Deneuve...

I understand completely.

Please try to source a sample of Rose Magnifica - I think you'll like it much better.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Please try to source a sample of Rose Magnifica - I think you'll like it much better.
    OK Mike - since you insist I will try it out!