Code of Conduct
    AromiErotici

Default Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree

Does anyone else think this is a very refreshing,light fragrance? When I first purchased it ( blind of course), I was expecting a heavy hitter.

Instead, what I got on my skin is an excellent light lemon and a subtle drydown. It may be the best summer frag I have at the moment.

Any thoughts on this frag?

Default Re: Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    Does anyone else think this is a very refreshing,light fragrance? When I first purchased it ( blind of course), I was expecting a heavy hitter.

Instead, what I got on my skin is an excellent light lemon and a subtle drydown. It may be the best summer frag I have at the moment.

Any thoughts on this frag?

I have this one too, and it`s a beautiful and long lasting scent.. But i still think this is an "Gentlemans" scent ..
    Last edited by Oslo-Fjord; 8th August 2010 at 07:11 PM.

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    I have this one too, and it`s a beautiful and long lasting scent.. But i still think this is an "Gentlemans" scent for those over 50... When picking a scent in the morning before you go to work, take a look at your face in the mirror and say to yourself: Is this me? Does it realy suits me?? Unfortunately it does`nt suit me wery well...
    But i still lowe the smell of it!
    Can't say exactly that I'm a "Gentleman", but I am over 50....so I meet part of the criteria.

I'm very partial to the heavier Orientals and such, but as different as CPMC is, I like it alot, but wish it was a bit stronger.

Can't say exactly that I'm a "Gentleman", but I am over 50....so I meet part of the criteria.

I'm very partial to the heavier Orientals and such, but as different as CPMC is, I like it alot, but wish it was a bit stronger.
    Hmm... On me it lasts for 48 hrs....Extremly longevity.. Hi quality!

AromiErotici

Hmm... On me it lasts for 48 hrs....Extremly longevity.. Hi quality!
    Sir......I am cursed with a sponge-like epidermis that, no matter how much I apply of any frag, within 20 minutes you'd never realize just how much I used. Opium EDP is the exception to that rule however.

Sir......I am cursed with a sponge-like epidermis that, no matter how much I apply of any frag, within 20 minutes you'd never realize just how much I used. Opium EDP is the exception to that rule however.

Ohh... It`s a pitty..Have you tried Antaeus? Great longevity!

AromiErotici

Ohh... It`s a pitty..Have you tried Antaeus? Great longevity!
    I cannot help but be an admirer of everything strong,pungeunt and hated by aquatic lovers everywhere.

Please be very careful when discussing Chanel Pour Monsieur. It can be especially confusing on an international forum like Basenotes.

The Chanel Pour Monsieur that is generally available in most of the world is not available in the United States.

Chanel 'United States' imports and distributes only Pour Monsieur Concentree. Chanel groups in the rest of the world seem to import and distribute the original - simply called Pour Monsieur.

It is not just a difference in the strength of the fragrances, they are two completely different fragrances.

I posted this a few days ago in another thread:

Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree is classified, by Osmoz, as a Spicy Oriental with top notes of Mandarin, Petitgrain and Lavender; heart notes of Cardamon and Nutmeg with base notes of Oakmoss, Vetiver and Vanilla.

Chanel Pour Monsieur is classified, by Osmoz, as an Aromatic Citrus (I classify it as a Mossy Woods - Chypre) with top notes of Lemon, Verbena, Neroli and Orange; heart notes of Cardamom, Coriander, Basil and Ginger with base notes of Oakmoss and Cedar.

They are two completely different fragrances. The original Pour Monsieur is safely in my Top Five while I don't consider the Concentree bottle-worthy.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 21st September 2008 at 08:54 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I cannot help but be an admirer of everything strong,pungeunt and hated by aquatic lovers everywhere.
    He he... The most of the Chanel scents has great longevity and hi-class quality..

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    Please be very careful when discussing Chanel Pour Monsieur. It can be especially confusing on an international forum like Basenotes.

The Chanel Pour Monsieur that is generally available in most of the world is not available in the United States.

Chanel 'United States' imports and distributes only Pour Monsieur Concentree. Chanel groups in the rest of the world seem to import and distribute the original - simply called Pour Monsieur.

It is not just a difference in the strength of the fragrances, they are two completely different fragrances.

I posted this a few days ago in another thread:

Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree is classified, by Osmoz, as a Spicy Oriental with top notes of Mandarin, Petitgrain and Lavender; heart notes of Cardamon and Nutmeg with base notes of Oakmoss, Vetiver and Vanilla.

Chanel Pour Monsieur is classified, by Osmoz, as an Aromatic Citrus (I classify it as a Mossy Woods - Chypre) with top notes of Lemon, Verbena, Neroli and Orange; heart notes of Cardamom, Coriander, Basil and Ginger with base notes of Oakmoss and Cedar.

They are two completely different fragrances. The original Pour Monsieur is safely in my Top Five while I don't consider the Concentree bottle-worthy.
    As a matter of fact, it`s the CONCENTREE versjon we discuss here.... Read the title!

As a matter of fact, it`s the CONCENTREE versjon we discuss here.... Read the title!
    I read the title and your posts. You guys seem to be describing two different scents. If you are on track with each other, carry on!
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

AromiErotici

I read the title and your posts. You guys seem to be describing two different scents. If you are on track with each other, carry on!
    I believe your post. When I wear Concentree however, I get the lemon top notes of the original but the vetiver/vanilla drydown of the concentree.

Post Re: Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree

Jacques Polge, in all of his wisdom deceided to stretch the life of this fragrance, and did so with the use of Nutmeg.Just as Jean-Claude Ellena, did when he extended the life of Eau D'Orange Verte, with the use of mint. Now I don't have anything against Nutmeg when blended with discretion, but in this fragrance in my estimation he went a little overboard.This to me is like being attacked by Nutmeg, to the point of making it hard to beleive it even shares the same name. Entirely different scent, than is found in it's namesake. It is not my intent to blast this fragrance, which is not at all what I'm doing. I'm just simply telling you of my observations between the two. IMHO
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by Ron199 View Post
    Jacques Polge, in all of his wisdom deceided to stretch the life of this fragrance, and did so with the use of Nutmeg.Just as Jean-Claude Ellena, did when he extended the life of Eau D'Orange Verte, with the use of mint. Now I don't have anything against Nutmeg when blended with discretion, but in this fragrance in my estimation he went a little overboard.This to me is like being attacked by Nutmeg, to the point of making it hard to beleive it even shares the same name. Entirely different scent, than is found in it's namesake. It is not my intent to blast this fragrance, which is not at all what I'm doing. I'm just simply telling you of my observations between the two. IMHO
    I don't know why I get a great lemon top from this, but it is really good. I don't get anything in the heart and it goes right to vanilla/vetiver and stays there for awhile, but in a subtle way.

This is the only subtle and lighthearted frag I have and I had no idea it would be that way or I wouldn't have purchased it. I will definitely keep it for warm weather since it is such a detour from my usual "punch-in-the-face" scents that I seem to love so much.

I love Chanel PMC.

In my opinion, the differences from the original tend to be exagerrated here. I find it has the same lemony chypre feeling as the original, with an extra layer of sweet spice and creaminess. Not only does this make it a more complex fragrance, it extends the longevity significantly.

I'd add that I don't think this is restricted to any one age group as one of the subsequent posters suggested. I think it's the perfect fragrance for a young person trying to carry off a classy, gentlemanly aura. It doesn't have any of the "stuffiness" assoicated with other "older" scents.
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

When I was in Germany earlier this year, both PM and PMC were readily available. The two boxes and bottles are also nearly identical; the only difference is the word "CONCENTREE" near the bottom of the front of each.

Quote Originally Posted by PhinClio View Post
    When I was in Germany earlier this year, both PM and PMC were readily available.
    Thanks, I didn't know that!

I enjoy both PM and PMC but they are different enough, for me at least, to own both. I had heard that the PM was available in the US at Chanel boutiques - can anyone confirm this. I will go to one here this week and let people know.

PMC, and PM, I enjoy year round.

AromiErotici

I have yet to try the regular PM. I only have the Concentree, but what I have is good enough and will last. The bottle is huge. Cleanest smelling scent I own so far.....

PM is not available at the Chanel boutique, at least not in NY. I was able to get it from Beauty Encounter (thanks to Two Roads). I'm new to this by several months, but there is a distinct difference between PM and PMC. PMC is much sweeter up front. PM does lack in longevity for me. Neither makes me think of someone over 50.

I have yet to try the regular PM. I only have the Concentree, but what I have is good enough and will last. The bottle is huge. Cleanest smelling scent I own so far.....
    The regular (non Concentree) PH is pretty awesome but it's getting very difficult to find in the States. I like wearing it, but it has the longevity of an EDC not a typical chypre. It lasts a couple of hours max before it becomes a subtle skin scent.
    Last edited by mrclmind; 22nd September 2008 at 03:45 AM.